Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Memorable parties

edited November 2014 in Not Sports Related
The Eltham party thread reminded me, of some good 'uns.

I'll start :-

We were drinking in The Crown, Blackheath and my mate had a party in his 2nd floor flat in the Village (Bennett Park) after.

Some other guys, who we weren't over friendly with, from The Crown, gatecrashed, as you do.

Anyway, the party was rocking and I recall someone from downstairs coming up and complaining, because their ceiling was falling in.

It quietened down a little, but then got back to the same heights.

My mates and I "threw" the gatecrashers out, so on the way, they threw a metal dustbin lid, through the window of the downstairs flat.

The police arrived and I was trying to tell my mate (whose flat/party it was). He was totally pissed lying in the middle of the floor.

He was swearing big time about the police and that he didn't care and what he'd say/do to them. They were standing right over him :-)

Priceless, but obviously you had to be there.

Comments

• Another party, where there was a ridiculously long queue for the bathroom.

I found out some girl was giving blow jobs :-)
  • The Valley Party, 14838 votes.
  • Another party, where there was a ridiculously long queue for the bathroom.

I found out some girl was giving blow jobs :-)

What about the one where you slammed the door in Paul Walsh's face?
  • Riefield Road, Eltham. Summer of 1982.

Big house of a girl in my year at Crown Woods, good party until a load of gatecrashers turned up and smashed up the house and a lot of people too. Ended up getting bottled on the head and a number of stitches.
  • Shepherds Lane late 80s early 90's. House got trashed. Banisters taken off stairs, hamsters gerbils released into garden, doors taken off all the rooms.
  • Had a party at home when I was 18 and my parents were on holiday. Got a bit out of hand, 30 arrests, mate got bottled, window got smashed. Walked out of the front door and all I could see was blue flashing lights, it was like something out of a film. Made the front page of the sidcup times and one of the broadsheets (the observer I think) A week after they got home, my mum was talking to one of the neighbours up the road about their holiday. The woman turned round and said "oh, you missed the night of the riot then"
  • House party in Leytonstone 2 years ago.
    carnage, don't remember how I got home, just waking up in bed next to a traffic cone.
    Still, pulled worse after a night in the venue....
  • edited November 2014
    I took a "for sale" sign into a party (as you do) & it got proper stuck/wedged between the floor and the ceiling :-)
  • edited November 2014
    A mate fell asleep after a party at his parents, with a cigarette alight.
    He set light to his mattress, woke up pissed, opened a window and threw it out.

It landed on a flat roof, unbekown to him & he went back to sleep. The smoke poured into the house.

They all woke up about 7am, going mental, thinking the house was on fire. It wasn't it was just the smoke, although, he did scorch the landing wall, where he dragged the mattress along.
  • Sponsored links:

• 22 Feb 1992

We were playing at Upton Park, would have been a few months shy of my 16 birthday at the time (we beat Bristol City with a late Simon Webster strike). We was all in the Queens before the game and my best mate said he wasn't doing the journey back after the game, he was going the other direction to his mum's at Grays as his step-brother (year or two older) was having a party. Got on alright with his step brother, so phoned my mum from a payphone to say probably weren't coming home after football was going to back to my mate's mum's and mightstay the night, but i'll give you a call after the game to confirm.

Go to party, proper house party job with full-on DJ blasting out music and on the mike, walls and floor shaking etc. Out to impress, i'm proper jack the lad, all the jokes were coming off etc. End up upstairs in one of the bedrooms with this girl all of a sudden i've realised the music stopped and can hear what sounded like my name being called out. Knock on the door, "x, you in there? they want you downstairs".

Not knowing what's going on, go downstairs open the front room door, DJ goes "you x? Your mum's on the phone"

Had to stand next to the decks by the front window and have a take a verbal volleying off my mum because i'd forgot to phone her. People were literally doubling over with laughter, my credibility was absolutely destroyed!!

good ol mum...

Oh dear. I'd managed to bury the memory of my mother calling me at 9am the morning after my first 'unexpected stay' at a young lady's flat. This has brought it all flooding back. Thanks, AFKA. Thanks a lot.
  • 22 Feb 1992

We were playing at Upton Park, would have been a few months shy of my 16 birthday at the time (we beat Bristol City with a late Simon Webster strike). We was all in the Queens before the game and my best mate said he wasn't doing the journey back after the game, he was going the other direction to his mum's at Grays as his step-brother (year or two older) was having a party. Got on alright with his step brother, so phoned my mum from a payphone to say probably weren't coming home after football was going to back to my mate's mum's and mightstay the night, but i'll give you a call after the game to confirm.

Go to party, proper house party job with full-on DJ blasting out music and on the mike, walls and floor shaking etc. Out to impress, i'm proper jack the lad, all the jokes were coming off etc. End up upstairs in one of the bedrooms with this girl all of a sudden i've realised the music stopped and can hear what sounded like my name being called out. Knock on the door, "x, you in there? they want you downstairs".

Not knowing what's going on, go downstairs open the front room door, DJ goes "you x? Your mum's on the phone"

Had to stand next to the decks by the front window and have a take a verbal volleying off my mum because i'd forgot to phone her. People were literally doubling over with laughter, my credibility was absolutely destroyed!!

good ol mum...

Remember the date very well. My 1st son had just been born on the 19th and I had to visit wife & baby in the hospital afterwards. We were in The Queens as well.

Simon Webster - late volley winner, 3 days after my son born. Even I can't forget that.
  • 22 Feb 1992

good ol mum...

Oh dear. I'd managed to bury the memory of my mother calling me at 9am the morning after my first 'unexpected stay' at a young lady's flat. This has brought it all flooding back. Thanks, AFKA. Thanks a lot.
    Not on quite the same level, but at a mates party around 1986. I had always been told to let my parents know where I was if I was going to be late home. Being 19 at the time this normally meant if I was out later than 12/1pm. Party was in full swing when I realised it was close to 2am so felt I'd better let my parents know I would be staying the night..........rang them only to get a mouthful of abuse from my brother who had picked up the phone saying that I had woken everyone up

sometimes you cant get it right whatever you do
  • A house in Wimbledon. I was shagging this girl (she consented, honest) on a bed that was also doubling as the coat store. Suddenly the pile of coats moved and this Chinese girl's head appeared and

(I know what you think I'm about to say.....)

she threw up over us, nice!

A party in Gloucester Road that Elton John turned up to. Weird.

Otherwise, as the song says, "You'll always find me in the kitchen at parties." :-(
  • When I was about 13, I remember a family football party I went to with the clubs teams, family and friends.

The kitchen was plastered with varying spirits and so I decided I would try these varying spirits as I'd never tasted them before.

I poured myself a PINT of Southern Comfort, not realising spirits should be measured. My dad then found me, near passed out thinking I'd taken some kind of drug and called an Ambulance.

I can't drink Southern Comfort to this day.

Oh and great parenting dad. Had it been today, I'd be in the system!!! Ha ha.
  • I went to a party on the Sidcup Road A20, when I was about 18.
    Decided to leave & thumb a lift home to Blackheath. I'd had a few :-)
    I thought I'd been gone about 20 mins, without success.
    I returned to the party.
    Party had finished & everyone had gone home, apart from the lovely Sue Jones, but then it was her parents' house.
    Apparently, I'd left about 3 hours earlier :-)
  • edited November 2014
    'they' say that if it was a REALLY good party, you probably can't remember a thing

as in if you can remember the 70s, you probably weren't there
  • I went to a party on the Sidcup Road A20, when I was about 18.
    Decided to leave & thumb a lift home to Blackheath. I'd had a few :-)
    I thought I'd been gone about 20 mins, without success.
    I returned to the party.
    Party had finished & everyone had gone home, apart from the lovely Sue Jones, but then it was her parents' house.
    Apparently, I'd left about 3 hours earlier :-)

To me mate, it just sounds like you hide in a bush and waited to everyone had gone to be left alone with this Sue Jones.
  • Had my stepdaughters 16th at ours in September. 35 of them... passed off without too much incident. In fact i think i might have been the most inebriated.

Too many house parties to remember but one that really makes my toes curl is when i was staying at a mates in Orpington we were walking to her house late on a saturday and I discovered a house party a few doors down. We strolled in and I went straight into the kitchen where people were eating. I helped myself to a huge bowl of chilli con carne and rice and stood there talking to other guests. Once i finished I left after saying thanks to the host for the lovely bit of food. I was in my 30's so it wasnt like i was a youngster. Bloody stupid.

• Sponsored links:

• My mate threw a party with the express instructions not to go in the front room as it was being decorated.
    Later on in the evening one of the lads grabbed a couple of us and said come and see what I have done.
    Er you have wallpapered his tele.
    Yeah, why are you all looking at me like that for.
    No reason.
  • Went to a party in Invicta Close, opposite Graftons as it was then, in about '82. The parents were at their caravan. The lad who was hosting wouldn't let his little brother come down stairs and so he phoned his parents at the clubhouse of the site and they came back and chucked us all out.
  • Party Party! Film circa 1983 is a good laugh, has lots of the stories from this thread in it. Cheap British film, corny, but full of names still around today.
  • edited November 2014
    Sorry for this

There ain't no party like an S Club party
  • At my 40th, at my house, my Charlton mates, stuck cocktail sausages everywhere.
    Pinned to the notice/cork board. Skewered on a radio aerial etc etc.
    I was still finding them weeks later.
  • At my 40th, at my house, my Charlton mates, stuck cocktail sausages everywhere.

Bantarhhhh.

I was going to post one but it would never top this.
  • Sorry for this

There ain't no party like an S Club party

Looking forward to the reunion tour mate? O2 on the 16th May ;-)
  • When I was younger I went to a memorable party just up the road from where I live. There was jelly & blancmange, games, a clown & they even gave everyone a goody bag to take home.