Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mallorca v Alcorcón, 15 November

Alcorcón, in 11th place with 16 points, are away today at 8th place Mallorca who are a point ahead. A win with favourable other results and goal difference swings could put Alcorcon in the play-off places. Kick off at 3pm GMT for anyone needing some loosely related Charlton action.

It's been interesting following Alcorcón this season, though I still haven't been to see them. Hoping to get a home game in soon and chat to some fans about RD and what they think. Still reckon we should send some young players on loan there as it is a pretty decent level.

Comments

• Options
    Finished 1-1.
  • Options

Finished 1-1.

A hard earned draw. Now the boys can all go off to Magaluf for a night out! ;o)
  • Options
    Two sendings off for Alcorcón yesterday and one for Mallorca. Valery Karpin (remember him?), the Mallorca manager, accused Alcorcón of a violent approach to the game, furthering their reputation of one of the most physical teams in the division.
  • Options
    Go on then, Valery Karpin ? Who is that ?
  • Options
    I think the Zutons wrote a song about him.
  • Options
    vff said:

Go on then, Valery Karpin ? Who is that ?

Maybe a little niche; not everyone is as much of a Spanish football obsessive as me! Great player in the Celta Vigo team of the late 90s and early 2000s and part of the Real Sociedad team that came within a whisker of winning La Liga in 2003.
  • Options

Two sendings off for Alcorcón yesterday and one for Mallorca. Valery Karpin (remember him?), the Mallorca manager, accused Alcorcón of a violent approach to the game, furthering their reputation of one of the most physical teams in the division.

Sunning myself on the terrace of the Parador at Lorca at the moment CM. Heading over Granada way tomorrow for a week or so. My local over there is run by a family from the North. Big Deportivo fans (went with them to the Granada game a few months back) so followed last years promotion chase from the 2nd tier with interest. One of the sons also supports Real Betis for some reason. Hoping for a return to the top flight this year but making heavy weather of it.