Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA say the Qatar vote was fine, honest

Comments

• Options
    Blatter and Platini banned for 8 years. Good.

Glad Platini got taken down too or he could well have been the next man in at FIFA and nothing would have changed.

• Options

I'm actually starting to lose all love for football. The world governing body is as corrupt as any Mafia family. The Premier League are strangling the life out of all english football outside its own elite club. The football leagues attempt to bring a level playing field with FFP is collapsing while we watch.

Not sure how long I can be bothered to take any interest anymore.

• Options
    We went to Vegas in Summer and went to the Mob Museum. The next exhibition was about FIFA and corruption!
  • Options
    kimbo said:

We went to Vegas in Summer and went to the Mob Museum. The next exhibition was about FIFA and corruption!

Yes, I saw it. Nothing new but interesting that it should be featured in such a place.
  • Options
    at last - let's see if criminal proceedings follow
  • Options
    Sepp Blatter says "I am not ashamed. Even if I am suspended, I am still President. The committee cannot go against the President."

Disgrace of a man.
  • Options
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I heard a statement from Blatter "If USA had the world cup instead of Russia, they would not know be looking into all of this with the FBI". He fails to mention that USA and us spent millions of pounds to win the tournament and he had already agreed to give it to Russia
  • Options
    German newspaper Bild claim to have a copy of Michael Garcia's suppressed inquiry into the Qatar bidding process.

• Options

This was the report that FIFA refused to allow into the public domain in favour of a "legally appropriate version".

Then they released a summary version which cleared Qatar of all wrongdoing and criticised the English FA.

Then Garcia resigned and said FIFA completely misrepresented the true findings of the report.

If you forgot that that happened and needed a reminder...

Cheers I had forgotten that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    get it out there. would love to see this
  • Options
    Why FIFA didnt just put it out there (even a fake copy) in the first place is beyond me!!

All they've allowed is for another scandal to potentially blossom whereas even with a fake copy of the report they could have created confusion amongst everyone as no one would have known which one was right or not
  • Options

Why FIFA didnt just put it out there (even a fake copy) in the first place is beyond me!!

All they've allowed is for another scandal to potentially blossom whereas even with a fake copy of the report they could have created confusion amongst everyone as no one would have known which one was right or not

Garcia and Borbely probably would have known!
  • Options

FIFA forced to release the full report.
  • Options
    "For the sake of transparency, Fifa welcomes the news that this report has now been finally published."

Why not do it at the time then?
  • Options
    I wonder if the FA will ever get any sort of recognition for the stink they kicked up about Blatter/FIFA at the time. They were just made out to be the stroppy child and very few FAs supported them.
  • Options
    I wonder if Blatter & Platini will be exonerated :wink:
  • Options

I wonder if the FA will ever get any sort of recognition for the stink they kicked up about Blatter/FIFA at the time.

Yeh the fact that the FA recognise they'll never ever get a Major Tournament now
  • Options
    Bloody idiots at the FA can't even bribe properly...

• Options

Bloody idiots at the FA can't even bribe properly...

Oh the HORROR we offer to play a friendly against Thailand, whilst the Qataris give Payments of £1.6m to officials
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017
    FIFA created the conditions where everybody had to bribe in some way or another. So that becomes the 'NEW!' FIFA's rationale for not taking the World Cup away from two countries that were the best bribers. They should re-open the bids - due to the timescales - they should open to everybody not restrict to continents. QATAR and Russia would then be able to make their cases honestly!
  • Options

If that happened would Qatar demand its bungs back?

What bungs? Totally transparent process mate.
  • Options
    Can't see it - FIFA have too much to lose to piss off Qatar and risk details of any brown envelopes coming out.
  • Options
    Unlikely despite the overwhelming evidence of corruption. Highly recommended reading The Ugly Game.
  • Options
    The old chestnut about moving it to winter in Qatar hasn't come up lately.
  • Options
    The legal ramifications taking it from Qatar would be huge... Not to mention the fact that Qatar could hire the best lawyers.

No chance of it being moved

In a way am looking forward to the 2022 World Cup as really want to see how bad it'll be out there