Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England under 21s squad named!

13»

Comments

• Options
    England v Mexico in the final. Scotland v Turkey for 3rd and 4th place
  • Options
    FT 3-1
  • Options

Euro U21s next year (?) should be interesting as our U20 World Cup winners should make the step up for it

Under 20s world cup is in Poland next year. Went to Gdynia for a music festival a couple years ago and made friends with some locals out there. If England end up qualifying and play there, I might go and watch a game.
  • Options

Euro U21s next year (?) should be interesting as our U20 World Cup winners should make the step up for it

Under 20s world cup is in Poland next year. Went to Gdynia for a music festival a couple years ago and made friends with some locals out there. If England end up qualifying and play there, I might go and watch a game.
    Euro under 21s is also in 2019 in Italy and San Marino
  • Options
    We're currently five points clear of the Netherlands in Euro U21 Qualifying...

To Qualify for the U20 World Cup we just need to avoid coming bottom of our Group in the Euro U19 Championship this summer, being held in Finland we're in a Group with Turkey | Ukraine | France
  • Options
    With all of this success our youth teams have been enjoying we (the FA) really HAVE to find a way to transition these young players into the full international squad. I know it's a different ball game but success breeds success and a winning team mentality is so vital.

I'd love us to use the upcoming nations league in the same way Germany used the confed cup last year - use the youngsters with a smattering of experienced players to guide them (preferably some of the slightly younger ones like Walker Stones Pickford Kane Ali - but that's it) let the youngsters lead the way but using the older ones to take a bit of the pressure off if needed.

If even 3 or 4 of them can turn some heads and prove they can cut it at the top level then it may also give prem managers more confidence in using them for their club teams on a more regular basis as well.
  • Options

With all of this success our youth teams have been enjoying we (the FA) really HAVE to find a way to transition these young players into the full international squad. I know it's a different ball game but success breeds success and a winning team mentality is so vital.

I'd love us to use the upcoming nations league in the same way Germany used the confed cup last year - use the youngsters with a smattering of experienced players to guide them (preferably some of the slightly younger ones like Walker Stones Pickford Kane Ali - but that's it) let the youngsters lead the way but using the older ones to take a bit of the pressure off if needed.

If even 3 or 4 of them can turn some heads and prove they can cut it at the top level then it may also give prem managers more confidence in using them for their club teams on a more regular basis as well.

Couldnt agree more... the Nations League especially being a great way to test out some of the Youth Players who have really excelled of late - Yes winning our N/L Group will mean we stand an easier chance of qualifying for the Euros yet if we dont then we still have the standard Euro Qualifying Groups to ensure that we dont miss out.

Its another reason though why I struggle to understand what people have against Southgate - If you pay close attention to his training sessions @ St. George's Park you'll see that he's constantly involving players from the Youth teams; Dasilva | Mount | Chalobah (Trevor) etc. have all been involved in recent months which means that he'll be keeping a close eye on the youngsters coming through - Not to mention in the November friendlies he was giving caps to kids who under previous Managers probably havent deserved a call-up (i.e. Tammy Abraham and Dominic Solanke etc.)
  • Options
    20 minutes to play England 2-1 ahead
  • Options

20 minutes to play England 2-1 ahead

It is unbelievable the amount of times our youth team come from behind to get a result. It’s brilliant that they never know when give up.
  • Options
    Hopefully that missed chance from Abraham just then wont come back to bite us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-1 win for England. Third year in a row winning this tournament.
  • Options
    I see our U21 team played 3 at the back, it's clearly the Southgate favoured formation

https://festival-foot-espoirs.com/festival/detail_rencontre.php?id=798

Impressed that Lewis Cook was voted 2nd best player in the tournament, considering that he's a PL regular and even had an outside chance of making the World Cup squad, he could easily have just gone through the motions at being picked for this instead