Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Last of Us ***Computer Game please dont open if it doesnt interest you***

Wow, what a game, finished it last night.

Anybody else played it?

Should make a great film when it comes out.

Comments

• I liked the story and the gameplay, I just got bored with the execution. You spend more time moving ladders and planks of wood around than you do fighting zombies. The combat sections were good fun, but you needed to play through an hour of ham-fisted puzzle-platforming between the interesting stuff. Can see why people like it but I don't have the patience/time to wander around obstacle courses looking for planks/ladders to pick up/move.
  • The first 75% dragged a bit for me for the reasons Fiiish says. That last 25% though blew me away. I would definitely persevere and complete the story if you can.
  • Yep great game. Zombie type games aren't usually my thing but this was an exception.
  • Excellent story, the beggining was a fantastic heart pumping sequence.

Didn't know a film was being made of it.
  • I'm a complete wuss with horror games so have only watched a play through. It seemed cool but a little repetitive, could have used a few bosses or different enemies. How they would have fitted into the story I don't know.

The moment near the end with the giraffes was very nice. I'll defo give the film a go, hopefully it's melancholic and haunting in its mood rather than similar to any Resident Evil gash.
  • Loved this game. Have played and completed it, was great to play a game with a great and well executed storyline. The gameplay was pretty decent as well.

The hotel basement section ranks up there with the scariest stuff I've ever seen/played/read.
  • As a rule I don't play these games, however my son left this at my house when he went back to Uni, having completed and I have to say I am enjoying. For what it's worth I actually like the puzzle elements (moving stuff around etc) more than the killing zombie bits but that's probably more to do with my age and complete lack of skill at this type of stuff.
  • JWADDICK said:

As a rule I don't play these games, however my son left this at my house when he went back to Uni, having completed and I have to say I am enjoying. For what it's worth I actually like the puzzle elements (moving stuff around etc) more than the killing zombie bits but that's probably more to do with my age and complete lack of skill at this type of stuff.

Yh, more like resident evil, than a blast up, I enjoyed the puzzles.
    The storyline is brilliant as is the scenery.
  • From the guys that made the Unchartered games series. If you haven't played Unchartered yet and enjoyed The Last Of Us, I highly recommend.
  • Best game I've ever played. Played it on the ps3 but thinking I'll probably purchase it on the ps4 too
  • Sponsored links:

• From the guys that made the Unchartered games series. If you haven't played Unchartered yet and enjoyed The Last Of Us, I highly recommend.

Agreed, but I reckon anyone with the slightest interest in games has played those :-)
  • Loved the Uncharered games (didn't realise they were made by the same team). I bought The last of us for my son when it first came out and intended on having a go myself, but I admit, it just got buried in the box with all the other games and I'd completely forgotten about it. Might go have a dig around later and give it a spin............
  • edited November 2014
    Cah. Tch. Huh.
  • Loved the Uncharered games (didn't realise they were made by the same team). I bought The last of us for my son when it first came out and intended on having a go myself, but I admit, it just got buried in the box with all the other games and I'd completely forgotten about it. Might go have a dig around later and give it a spin............

Stick with it

I played it afew itimes and got fed up with it being a tad hard.
    Gave t about a fortnight and went back to it, once you get your head round the controls, the objects you pick up, how to use them, and the stealth needed in the game it is genuinely fairly easy but very much enjoyable.
  • only shame it was released on ps3, not xbox 360 so i've never played it :<
  • Completed the remastered version on PS4. Excellent game, thoroughly enjoyed it and genuinely got into the relationship between Ellie and Joel
  • Yeah I really love it I had it on the PS3 but recently bought it again for the PS4
  • Brilliant game, watched it once and then played through it myself about a year later. Sure, it could have been tweaked a bit, but overall a great experience. Only played the first Uncharted so far and while fun it has nothing on Last of Us story-/characterwise. For anyone who hasn't played it I can highly recommend the Last of Us DLC, I forget its name, but it was bittersweet, very good stuff. I find the Last of Us multiplayer quite compelling too, team play with crafting and a sort of background campaign system. Addictive!

I do wonder how well it will transfer to film. Feel like it could go either way.
  • edited November 2014

only shame it was released on ps3, not xbox 360 so i've never played it :<</p>

There's a message there. You just have to unscramble it.

"only shame it was released on ps3, not xbox 360 so i've never played it"

"NEVER PLAY XBOX"
  • Sponsored links:

• Started playing it recently. Bit slow and boring so far, hopefully it improves.
  • The new Uncharted game looked amazing too.

And GT Sport with the VR headset?! Staggeringly beautiful.

Can't wait for Crash Bandicoot remastered as well, so many memories