Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Francis Coquelin - pg11 - returned to Arsenal?***

Comments

• Options

A dilemma

Looked much more comfortable as the 1 sitting in the 4-1-4-1 after Buyens went off and Cousins looked for comfortable when he moved inside.

But until his injury Buyens had looked good using the space he was given in that role.

Coquelin is only on a short term loan so hard to build a team around him but he was very good.

Is there a small chance though we could get him for the season? Anyone in the know?
  • Options

A dilemma

Looked much more comfortable as the 1 sitting in the 4-1-4-1 after Buyens went off and Cousins looked for comfortable when he moved inside.

But until his injury Buyens had looked good using the space he was given in that role.

Coquelin is only on a short term loan so hard to build a team around him but he was very good.

Is there a small chance though we could get him for the season? Anyone in the know?
    No this type of loan can't be extended into a season long one.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Talal said:

A dilemma

But we can extend it to the window and then sign him on a season long loan with no breaks.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Hopefully as we're passing the ball around this year, and he can remain in London, unless Wenger has any first team plans for him and wages are agreeable then getting him till the end of the season will be achievable. While he's getting game time and we're competing in the top half I think it makes sense for all parties.

This may be wishful thinking on my part ...!
  • Options
    Yes please sign him up.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Talal said:

A dilemma

But we can extend it to the window and then sign him on a season long loan with no breaks.

I'm not sure about that as he was signed in the emergency loan window. If he was signed in the summer on a 6 month loan then yes but I've a feeling we can only sign him permanently in Jan but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Richard J said:

Talal said:

A dilemma

I'm not sure about that as he was signed in the emergency loan window. If he was signed in the summer on a 6 month loan then yes but I've a feeling we can only sign him permanently in Jan but I could be wrong.
    I think that's right. Similar to Cameron Stewart last season.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I thought he played well , overhit the odd pass , although he might claim the other players weren't on the same wavelength, i remember seeing Rasiek and Frimpong pull on the Charlton shirt for the first time and doing quite well , so i'm going to reserve judgement until they can play like that every game, or at least a few more.
  • Options
    Buyens, Gudmundsson and Vetokele are the quality signings in the front six and we have looked weaker when one or more has been out injured or suspended.
    Extending Coquelin loan is a must to get us through to the window.
    I've not seen enough of Bulot to make a call but when you add these players to Jackson, Wilson Harriott and Cousins then it's obvious we just need another quality striker to make a difference - convert more draws into wins.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    One week to go .. Arsenal's bad form makes it less likely that he will be allowed to sign a contract extension with us .. Let's hope that he doesn't figure in Wenger's short term team plans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I doubt Wenger would see Coquelin as the answer to Arsenal's problems, they had Flamini, Cazorla and Rosicky on the bench on sat, plus I think Diaby is back from injury for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Talal said:

I doubt Wenger would see Coquelin as the answer to Arsenal's problems, they had Flamini, Cazorla and Rosicky on the bench on sat, plus I think Diaby is back from injury for a couple of weeks.

Only to be ruled out for a further 8 months!
  • Options

Talal said:

Only to be ruled out for a further 8 months!
    Quite
  • Options
    I'm hoping that RD sees a fee for Coquelin as decent business because I definitely think he fits the buy and get a return ethos. What would he cost ? What are his wages ?
  • Options
    hes class
  • Options
    Yes, I find Cory Gibbs will play for Charlton before Diaby plays again for Arsenal!
  • Options

I'm hoping that RD sees a fee for Coquelin as decent business because I definitely think he fits the buy and get a return ethos. What would he cost ? What are his wages ?

I believe he is out of contract at Arsenal at the end of the season!
  • Options
    Wonder what wages he would be on.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Google reckons he is on 716K a year (13.7K a week) not miles out of our price range I would say
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Google reckons he is on 716K a year (13.7K a week) not miles out of our price range I would say

Kap10 said:

I guess it will depend who his agent touts him around to and how much we can compete. Pity.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

I guess it will depend who his agent touts him around to and how much we can compete. Pity.

If he is well settled in London we might be in with a shout as he'll certainly get offers from clubs in leagues that are above championship level.

And maybe he'll get sold on the idea of being the main man at a club with desire to get back to the prem over the next couple of years. He is a much more established player than Frimpong so imagine his promising start isn't just a flash in the pan.
  • Options
    jac52 said:

Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

If he is well settled in London we might be in with a shout as he'll certainly get offers from clubs in leagues that are above championship level.

And maybe he'll get sold on the idea of being the main man at a club with desire to get back to the prem over the next couple of years. He is a much more established player than Frimpong so imagine his promising start isn't just a flash in the pan.
    I agree with what you say but I am not confident we will sign him on a permanent deal given his being out of contract in the summer ? It might suit him to extend his loan with us until then.

• Options
    can someone put in a word? ;-)
  • Options

jac52 said:

Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

I agree with what you say but I am not confident we will sign him on a permanent deal given his being out of contract in the summer ? It might suit him to extend his loan with us until then.

As I said before I don't think he can. Presumably he could sign on loan for a different club until the end of the season though.
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2274879/Football-League-loan-window-explained.html

"In extenuating circumstances, the League can agree to extend the loan beyond 93 days but, normally, you can’t keep the same player for more than this period of time (i.e. a club can’t keep signing him on loan over and over again)."

• Options
    Talal said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2274879/Football-League-loan-window-explained.html

"In extenuating circumstances, the League can agree to extend the loan beyond 93 days but, normally, you can’t keep the same player for more than this period of time (i.e. a club can’t keep signing him on loan over and over again)."

thats during the loan window, not the transfer window. We can sign him til the end of the season when the transfer window reopens
  • Options
    I'm still not sure on whether an 'emergency loan' can be extended in the January window to the end of the season, and therefore become a normal loan.

Cameron Stewart has been mentioned as the rule but, if memory serves me right, Stewart had already playing for 2 clubs within the season (ie. Hull in the league cup & CAFC) so could only be signed by Leeds via 'emergency loan' to be able to play.
  • Options

Talal said:

thats during the loan window, not the transfer window. We can sign him til the end of the season when the transfer window reopens
    Pretty sure that's not the case.
  • Options
    I can't find anything official on this, but have found a case that suggests it is possible to extend a loan to the end of the season:

Shay Given joined Middlesbrough in November 2013 on an emergency loan, and Middlesbrough tried to extend in January to the end of the season, but ultimately failed. Here is a link to the story:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shay-given-heading-back-aston-6656592

"The club have been involved in protracted negotiations with Aston Villa throughout the transfer window but finally admitted defeat yesterday afternoon. Given, 37, joined Boro on an initial one month emergency loan on November 28 and that deal was extended by a further two months on New Year’s Day. For the vastly-experienced Irishman to stay until the end of the season, a deal would have had to be agreed before the January window closed at 11pm last night."
  • Options
    Talal said:

Talal said:

Pretty sure that's not the case.
    i'm 100% sure it is.