Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Francis Coquelin - pg11 - returned to Arsenal?***

Comments

• Options
    markmc68 said:

Move over Jacko. I'm sorry to say that.
    Coquelin cousins buyens Wilson and the moose. With igor up top. Gorgeous and Jacko as impact subs. Solly (when fit) and a resurgent wiggy bombing forward. The beast and Tal holding the fort. Henderson between the sticks. Hey presto.

Have you been watching us this season? BP doesn't like his full backs bombing anywhere, he's like the anti Bush.
  • Options
    Is it me ? I can't see any mention of this on the CAFC site.
  • Options
    Panic deals not the style of this management, so very happy to see how it develops, which is probably what all parties, CAFC, Arsenal and the player are doing.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

It is on there
  • Options

Stig said:

cafctom said:

Frimpong was nowhere near as bad as some make out. He was pretty average, but gets more stick just because he is a high profile name. No worse than many other loan players we have had in the past 5 years.

Go on, I'll buy the first part. But he also set himself up for criticism by seemingly being more interested in rapping, flogging clothes that your average football fan wouldn't be seen dead in and inventing poxy meaningless words like you might expect from an eight year old. There was always far too much effort (or at least attention) on his extra-curricular activities for a player that wasn't performing on the pitch. I expect the main reason he has had to play his football in Russia is to get away from these distractions.

Flogging clothes and poxy meaningless words has got him a part share of a 7 figure brand company. Not bad ey....
    Yeh, didn't Sam Bartram have a share in the local chip shop as well...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Stig said:

cafctom said:

Frimpong was nowhere near as bad as some make out. He was pretty average, but gets more stick just because he is a high profile name. No worse than many other loan players we have had in the past 5 years.

Go on, I'll buy the first part. But he also set himself up for criticism by seemingly being more interested in rapping, flogging clothes that your average football fan wouldn't be seen dead in and inventing poxy meaningless words like you might expect from an eight year old. There was always far too much effort (or at least attention) on his extra-curricular activities for a player that wasn't performing on the pitch. I expect the main reason he has had to play his football in Russia is to get away from these distractions.

He has a highly successful business venture on the side of his Football. It just happens to be doing something he likes (rapping, clothing etc).

I say fair play to him for making the most of his spare time during the day. Some say "he should be concentrating on his Football", but who is to say he wasn't when he was training or on match day. He can't be on the training pitch 8-9 hours a day, the way the rest of us spend time in the office or on the tools.

For you to say he wasn't performing isn't really relevant (or 100% accurate IMO). He could have stopped selling merchandise the moment he arrived at Charlton, but people would still recognize the fact that he had a clothing range, that he rapped etc because of his profile.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Coquelin cousins buyens Wilson and the moose. With igor up top. Gorgeous and Jacko as impact subs. Solly (when fit) and a resurgent wiggy bombing forward. The beast and Tal holding the fort. Henderson between the sticks. Hey presto.

Tucudean and impact. Hmmm
  • Options

I'm gonna be boring and reserve judgement until i've seen him play..... on Football Manager.

Well, he was part of my champions league winning team with Liverpool, so gets the thumbs up from me............
  • Options
    cafctom said:

...He could have stopped selling merchandise the moment he arrived at Charlton...

Not sure he was integral in the selling process anyway to be honest. Not as if he had a market stall
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

markmc68 said:

Have you been watching us this season? BP doesn't like his full backs bombing anywhere, he's like the anti Bush.
    I think part of that is the lack of a proper defensive midfielder... buyens is more of a deep creative player.. usually when a full back bombs forward the defensive midfielder drops in and covers for him.. without one it is important that the full backs stay back..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colthe3rd said:

markmc68 said:

I think part of that is the lack of a proper defensive midfielder... buyens is more of a deep creative player.. usually when a full back bombs forward the defensive midfielder drops in and covers for him.. without one it is important that the full backs stay back..
    I think you're spot on, Canters.

So far BP has wanted a compact back 4, with the fullbacks sitting deep - but surely only because we've not had a DM breaking up play.

Now we all know (and surely Bob is aware), that both Solly and Wiggins are at their best when allowed to bomb forward - look at Wiggy's run to create our equaliser v Sheff Weds.

It makes our attacking game more fluid in unlocking packed defences, creating good movement and space to be exploited, particularly allowing us to double load the oppo fullback.

We haven't seen much of that this season, and it seems a waste not to use the attacking flair of Wiggins and Solly. A sitting DM could allow that to happen.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

markmc68 said:

Tucudean and impact. Hmmm
    Did he not have an impact against Derby and Bolton then?
  • Options
    Granpa said:

It's you

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20141103-charlton-loan-coquelin-2059240.aspx
  • Options
    Did someone mention transfermarkt?!
    £2.6m / €3M valuation if you're interested.
    Possibly inflated because he's Arsenal but still, it's a completely different world from our league 1 title winning squad.
    One by one our squad or more precisely, the front six, is being replaced with €2-3m players with European exposure.
    Thing is before I saw them kick a ball I knew Buyens, Vetokele, Gudmundsson were something different simply because they are rated far, far above what we've seen in red shirts for the last few years.
    Like Coquelin, I had not heard of them before but Liege and Copenhagen fans said you've got something. (except Tucudean who was slated!)
    Same again this time with people who know Arsenal fans. Whatever the play is on the deal this guy is here to help and put himself in the shop window... Just as Morro does the same at Brum.
    Bringing this guy in for a month (or two?) may make all the difference...let's see what happens tonight and Saturday.
  • Options
    Just out of interest, What's tucudeans value on that website?
  • Options

Just out of interest, What's tucudeans value on that website?

Thruppence and a pie from Mrs Miggins.

• Options
    Arsenal supporting mate thinks he's out of contract in the summer, although he wasn't 100% sure.

Could potentially work out very well, be interesting to see how he does tonight.

We've been crying out for some bite in midfield imo.
  • Options

Did someone mention transfermarkt?!
    £2.6m / €3M valuation if you're interested.
    Possibly inflated because he's Arsenal but still, it's a completely different world from our league 1 title winning squad.
    One by one our squad or more precisely, the front six, is being replaced with €2-3m players with European exposure.
    Thing is before I saw them kick a ball I knew Buyens, Vetokele, Gudmundsson were something different simply because they are rated far, far above what we've seen in red shirts for the last few years.
    Like Coquelin, I had not heard of them before but Liege and Copenhagen fans said you've got something. (except Tucudean who was slated!)
    Same again this time with people who know Arsenal fans. Whatever the play is on the deal this guy is here to help and put himself in the shop window... Just as Morro does the same at Brum.
    Bringing this guy in for a month (or two?) may make all the difference...let's see what happens tonight and Saturday.

transfermarkt has about as much credibility as football rumours
  • Options
    Is he still only on loan until !st December ?
  • Options
    Sign him up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The way his parent club is playing at the moment (worst start in the League for 32 years) he might go straight back into the first team!
  • Options
    MOM for me yesterday.
  • Options
    Please sign him up! Looks a real class act.
  • Options
    Wilshere went off injured yesterday which doesn't help our chances.
  • Options
    He didn't make their 25 man PL squad so we should be able to keep him, at least until January
  • Options
    Had a brilliant game and is a good replacement for Poyet. Solly was man of the match by some distance though.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

He didn't make their 25 man PL squad so we should be able to keep him, at least until January

It's only because Arsenal have consistently the worst record for injuries that they have to have such a big squad:

Szczesny (G)
    Ospina (G)
    Matinez (G)
    Huddart (G)

Debuchy (D)
    Gibbs (D)
    Mertesacker (D)
    Koscielny (D)
    Chambers (D)
    Monreal (D)
    Bellerin (D)
    Hayden (D)
    Ajayi (D)
    Miquel (D)

Arteta (M)
    Carzola (M)
    Ozil (M)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain (M)
    Flamini (M)
    Diaby (M)
    Wilshere (M)
    Sanchez (M)
    Walcott (M)
    Rosicky (M)
    Ramsey (M)

Coquelin (M)
    Gnabry (M)
    Zelalem (M)
    Iwobi (M)
    Galindo (M)

Campbell (F)
    Giroud (F)
    Welbeck (F)
    Podolski (F)
    Sanogo (F)
    Akpom (F)

That's 36 in total - with an 11 man team of midfielders(in bold) in front of Coquelin for a first team place!
  • Options
    Sign him please as on saturdays evidence different gravy to poyet.
  • Options
    A dilemma

Looked much more comfortable as the 1 sitting in the 4-1-4-1 after Buyens went off and Cousins looked for comfortable when he moved inside.

But until his injury Buyens had looked good using the space he was given in that role.

Coquelin is only on a short term loan so hard to build a team around him but he was very good.

• Options
    Very impressed. Comfortable on the ball, looks to keep it simple and kept the ball moving. If we have the chance I would get him in on a longer loan period. In spells he was on another level to anyone on the pitch on Saturday.