Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Francis Coquelin - pg11 - returned to Arsenal?***

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2014

My old boss is an Arsenal season ticket holder. Asked him for an opinion and got the following:

"Very decent, hard working, strong tackler, quite quick and plays midfield or fullback. Bit injury prone, but who isn't at AFC. He isn't going to skip past tackles and stick it in the top corner from 30 yards, but will add energy and bite"

Sounds good. In my opinion, and it has to be said its based on watching highlights and internet feeds, we have lacked a bit of bite post Poyet who, along with being a very tidy technical player, didn't mind a tackle. Having someone who can cover the ground a bit faster in central midfield won't be a bad thing either and he should be more than capable of playing the short passing game having grown up at Arsenal.

I imagine he's been signed to play, will be interesting to se at who's expense. JJ, Buyens and Cousins have all had good games and bad games so I don't think there is a clear cut favourite to stay in the team.
  • Options
    I have it on good authority (a top Fifa player!) that he is a better version of Poyet. Make of that what you will in terms of who is fighting for what places... Or just chill and wait for Saturday's line up to be announced :)
  • Options

I have it on good authority (a top Fifa player!)

Erm.. What?
  • Options

I have it on good authority (a top Fifa player!) that he is a better version of Poyet. Make of that what you will in terms of who is fighting for what places... Or just chill and wait for Saturday's line up to be announced :)

Was it Paulie?
  • Options
    I think he means he's been looking on FIFA. Mind you, it makes a change from transfermarket :-) Wibble.
  • Options
    As an aside point what is his transfer market valuation??
  • Options
    Cant see us getting him long term. If he has played a few 1st team games for Arsenal he'll go to a Prem team.
  • Options
    I think this shows intent that Bob and RD are looking for better quality players because that's how we'll get to the next level. That was why Morro has not been used because he just doesn't have that quality. I think with our current starters and fringe starters, players like JJ, Cousins, Moussa and Wilson could be classified in the same way but Jordan, being a young 'gun', may be given more time.

I think Bob has already made his mind up with Harriott.

• Options
    Eh? I really, really rate Coquelin. Class signing
  • Options
    Don't see where Jacko fits in anymore though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One month loans tend to turn into 3 which then turn Into year loans. Depends on how he plays
  • Options
    I think because it's just a month Bob will try to use him as much as he can. Hopefully he'll be used enough that Bob will want to extend and Coquelin will want to stay.
  • Options
    Rob said:

I think this shows intent that Bob and RD are looking for better quality players because that's how we'll get to the next level. That was why Morro has not been used because he just doesn't have that quality. I think with our current starters and fringe starters, players like JJ, Cousins, Moussa and Wilson could be classified in the same way but Jordan, being a young 'gun', may be given more time.

I think Bob has already made his mind up with Harriott.

You are joking about Cousins? I just hope we can keep him.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Good piece of business this. I too have an arsenal season ticket holding mate and his summary was very similar to that given to #ClemSnide. He is actually quite disapponted that arsenal are letting him out on loan but the fact is he has about ten midfielders in front of him in the queue. This feels a bit like a "try before you buy" arrangement. The player probably won't need to live in a hotel for a month given that he will live on the outskirts of London so it won't be too unsettling. And as #Rob has said, I think this is part of a general overhaul of the remnants if our pre-Roly squad. Expect to see the gradual replacement of Wilson, Jackson, Harriott et al. And yes, Cousins could be in that number if he does not develop quickly.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Frimpong was nowhere near as bad as some make out. He was pretty average, but gets more stick just because he is a high profile name. No worse than many other loan players we have had in the past 5 years.

Go on, I'll buy the first part. But he also set himself up for criticism by seemingly being more interested in rapping, flogging clothes that your average football fan wouldn't be seen dead in and inventing poxy meaningless words like you might expect from an eight year old. There was always far too much effort (or at least attention) on his extra-curricular activities for a player that wasn't performing on the pitch. I expect the main reason he has had to play his football in Russia is to get away from these distractions.
  • Options
    I think long term, we'll see Coquelin play central midfield but tonight I expect him to play at right back.
  • Options
    Stig said:

cafctom said:

Frimpong was nowhere near as bad as some make out. He was pretty average, but gets more stick just because he is a high profile name. No worse than many other loan players we have had in the past 5 years.

Go on, I'll buy the first part. But he also set himself up for criticism by seemingly being more interested in rapping, flogging clothes that your average football fan wouldn't be seen dead in and inventing poxy meaningless words like you might expect from an eight year old. There was always far too much effort (or at least attention) on his extra-curricular activities for a player that wasn't performing on the pitch. I expect the main reason he has had to play his football in Russia is to get away from these distractions.
    Perfect place for him and his extra-curricular though Stig. Have you seen the clobber that the CAFC Moscow lot wear??? ;-)
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

One month loans tend to turn into 3 which then turn Into year loans. Depends on how he plays

Don't think it can ever become a year loan can it? Maximum of 3 months as far as I'm aware.
  • Options
    Will be dissapointed if he plays cm ahead of Cousins.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Rossman92 said:

Don't think it can ever become a year loan can it? Maximum of 3 months as far as I'm aware.
    You can have season-long loans. Yoni Buyens is one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

Talal said:

Rossman92 said:

Ha I'm aware of that! But one month loans can't turn into season long ones.
  • Options
    Talal said:

TelMc32 said:

Talal said:

Rossman92 said:

Ha I'm aware of that! But one month loans can't turn into season long ones.
    Ah, right :)

Sounds right. Suspect the season-long loans have to be done at start of season & this loan window may have the three month restriction.
  • Options

Or tonights
  • Options
    Seems to me that we're not crying out for a CM, RB or LM (unless Bob doesnt fancy Cousins, Wilson, Harriot) so a short loan like this cant be just for cover. There must be more to it.

Hopefully we impress him as a club and fans as he's the sort of quality that if he signed permanently could form part of a squad that gets promoted in the next couple of years.
  • Options
    When does his contract at Arsenal run out? At 23, this must be a make or break season for him. Could Bob, Roland and Katrien be using this loan spell as a possible trial period to see if he'd fit in for next season or maybe even a permanent move in January?
  • Options
    I'm gonna be boring and reserve judgement until i've seen him play..... on Football Manager.
  • Options
    Surprised with this signing, very pleased.
  • Options
    Move over Jacko. I'm sorry to say that.
    Coquelin cousins buyens Wilson and the moose. With igor up top. Gorgeous and Jacko as impact subs. Solly (when fit) and a resurgent wiggy bombing forward. The beast and Tal holding the fort. Henderson between the sticks. Hey presto.
  • Options
    Stig said:

cafctom said:

Flogging clothes and poxy meaningless words has got him a part share of a 7 figure brand company. Not bad ey....