Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Francis Coquelin - pg11 - returned to Arsenal?***

Comments

• cafctom said:

Frimpong was nowhere near as bad as some make out. He was pretty average, but gets more stick just because he is a high profile name. No worse than many other loan players we have had in the past 5 years.

I thought he was superb in his debut against Huddersfield but the lack of match practice showed after that. In that first game though he was tackling and spraying the ball about brilliantly, shame he clearly hadn't fully recovered from a bad injury.
  • What's the betting that he'd be starting in the right back position at Leeds bearing in mind Solly's knee problems and Gomez's injury?

Wilson?

maybe Bob's going to tinker a bit with the midfield formation.
  • Hopefully it is us having a look at him before January with a view to signing him on a permanent deal.
  • Hope he's better than the last Francis we signed from arsenal...
  • Come on lads, this kid has played champions league, France u21 and bundesliga, if you think cousins is better than him at present you need your head checking. For me personally cousins doesn't play in the centre because he is still learning to mix it up when needed and needs to learn when to try and play the killer ball, where this kid will be drilled on the killer ball and keeping possession. Don't get me wrong cousins will be a massive part of charlton in years to come in the centre of the park but the lad from arsenal will have more about him than jordan at present.

Watch him have a stinker now, but I've seen him play a few times for arsenal in some big games " United, city and chelsea " to name a few and hasn't looked out of place. Although that was 2 seasons ago
  • iaitch said:

Arsenal fans see him as a quality youngster, very good in possession but doesnt have much in terms of physical strength for the Prem.

I know he's not a forward but these are they type of players that are good to watch and have in the squad.

I think the same sort of thing was said about Frimpong and we know how that turned out!!
    I hope it is another Song and not a Frimpong. The view is, he is out to find a club permanently in January, if he is as good as others are saying, lets hope it is with us.
  • Maximum of 4 games unless the deal is extended beyond December 1st.
  • shirty5 said:

Maximum of 4 games unless the deal is extended beyond December 1st.

If he plays (which surely he will) and performs well enough then I can't see any reason why it wouldn't get extended, would suit all parties.
  • Come on lads, this kid has played champions league, France u21 and bundesliga, if you think cousins is better than him at present you need your head checking. For me personally cousins doesn't play in the centre because he is still learning to mix it up when needed and needs to learn when to try and play the killer ball, where this kid will be drilled on the killer ball and keeping possession. Don't get me wrong cousins will be a massive part of charlton in years to come in the centre of the park but the lad from arsenal will have more about him than jordan at present.

Watch him have a stinker now, but I've seen him play a few times for arsenal in some big games " United, city and chelsea " to name a few and hasn't looked out of place. Although that was 2 seasons ago

To be fair I doubt anyone would have a problem him playing ahead of Cousins longer term. But if he is only here for a month I don't see the point. May as well let Cousins keep playing, and learning as you say.

Let's just wait and see before we start billing him as a world beater.
  • Sponsored links:

• i know i am going to get a few critics about this ...Jordan played in central midfield for us last year ,hes played out right and left (the latter 2 positions definitely dont suit him ) would you play him infront of jacko and buyens in centre mid? ...i wouldnt, so if this chap fits in as a natural left sided player id take him with a view to something longer term
  • lolwray said:

i know i am going to get a few critics about this ...Jordan played in central midfield for us last year ,hes played out right and left (the latter 2 positions definitely dont suit him ) would you play him infront of jacko and buyens in centre mid? ...i wouldnt, so if this chap fits in as a natural left sided player id take him with a view to something longer term

He isn't a natural left sided player.
  • shirty5 said:

Maximum of 4 games unless the deal is extended beyond December 1st.

And those four games make all the difference to our season. Bob even partially rested Gudmundsson and Vetokele in the build up for Millwall!
  • Happy with this signing, we definitely needed added strength in centre midfield, those games where Buyens and Jacko were tiring, and we needed someone to step into midfield and help close games out. Or where we can shift Buyens forward where his obvious class and passing skill can be utilised better than by getting him to do the donkey work. I hope he is reasonably match fit.
  • DRAddick said:

Come on lads, this kid has played champions league, France u21 and bundesliga, if you think cousins is better than him at present you need your head checking. For me personally cousins doesn't play in the centre because he is still learning to mix it up when needed and needs to learn when to try and play the killer ball, where this kid will be drilled on the killer ball and keeping possession. Don't get me wrong cousins will be a massive part of charlton in years to come in the centre of the park but the lad from arsenal will have more about him than jordan at present.

To be fair I doubt anyone would have a problem him playing ahead of Cousins longer term. But if he is only here for a month I don't see the point. May as well let Cousins keep playing, and learning as you say.
    Maybe jordan can learn something. Off him though, that's what I'm getting. At just in a long winded way. He will be so well drilled on picking the correct pass and when to hold on to the ball it could be just what we are looking for short term and benefit cousins in the long term. Who knows but I think it's a forward thinking signing
  • My arsenal mate who actually goes to games says the best way to play him is as a box to box central midfielder. His best attribute is his passing
  • edited November 2014

sounds more like a trial than a loan.

23 now so most likely needs to move on and get games away from Arsenal.

maybe not good enough for Arsenal but we are slightly behind then right now so could well be a step up.

No doubt Colin will be delighted as he'll see it as the end of Jacko but we shall see.

Welcome and good luck

This, The soundbites coming out i thought was why get a loan in to help progress another teams player. I think it is more than likely if all goes well he is available to be signed and we have that option.

Would make sense, young and can increase in value for a sell on.
  • We definately need more players , midfield included, would still like a striker in on or by the international break , to cope with the workload.
  • Brought in to cover an injury as yet unknown to us? Perhaps Buyens or Jackson?
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope he does well,RD look for another striker please.
  • Er, he has been brought in because we never had enough central midfield players in the first place. The only mystery is why it has taken so long.
  • BP might be thinking that the one game we don't have Buyens we lose 3-0! He may just be back up
  • His best attribute is his passing

Sorry. Passing? Remind what this is again.
  • sounds like a decent player but he is not what we really need .. we need a s t r i k e r
  • @mundell fleming not forgetting we are part of a network and buyens is here on loan/Jacko getting older

I'd rather be doing my January business before January though

more puzzling is the lack of movement on the forwards side of things, I guess that's a bigger challenge

@simplyred veto and Gud were both injured so I suspect resting them if anything for the Leeds match, is more about that than Millwall. Don't disagree we are reaching a critical phase, that bit before the window
  • great that no rumour and no one saw it coming---love it.
    Maybe the injury to Bulot is worse than first thought---if he does as well as Song then its will be all be good.
  • edited November 2014

sounds like a decent player but he is not what we really need .. we need a s t r i k e r

Of course we do Lincs and I was of a similar mind when we were linked with that young CB recently since when Moro has gone out on loan and been replaced short term. However looking at our bench full of relatively inexperienced youth team players at home to Bolton we desperately need more bodies. He's still a welcomed addition for me pending something happening on the striker front.
  • Is his nickname coq if so does he pass the height(size) test
  • Is his nickname coq if so does he pass the height(size) test

It's all about quality. :-)