Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morrison on loan to Birmingham until 31st Dec

edited October 2014 in General Charlton

Would leave us very short of cover at the back!

Comments

• Can't blame him for going IF he goes .. a stalwart for 3 years and now confined to the bench .. I would hope that this will only be temporary
  • edited October 2014
    Blimey, paper thin squad as it is...let's all keep everything crossed we don't get any injuries or suspensions or anything that normally happens to centre halves in the course of a season...

Can't criticise Morro, though - pretty clear Bob does not fancy him...(unlike @Curb_It‌)
  • Frankly, after that ridiculously inept bit of defending against Rodellaga Bob could be forgiven for thinking he doesn't want his place back.
    We need the numbers though
  • Morrison is too good to continously sit on the bench. But he doesn't seem to be likely to dislodge bikey or ben haim any time soon. I don't like not having strong cover but I wouldn't begrudge him wanting 1st team football. Just hope our youth are good enough for temp cover if needed and we have a good recall clause in the deal
  • bet poor Michael didn't see that coming a year ago
  • Don't think any of us did.

Big Bob must have some other irons in the fire.
  • If it pays for a loan inwards, I wouldn't mind it.
  • Addickted said:

Don't think any of us did.

Big Bob must have some other irons in the fire.

I wonder...

Or is this an opportunity to blood another Charlton youngster ?

• Sponsored links:

• Good for Morro, bad for us
  • Maybe we're hoping Gomez can do a job at centre back
  • Let's hope Bikey and Tal Ben Haim are basically indestructible.
  • Step up Terrell Thomas. Can learn loads from TBH. Doubt Morro can.
  • Stupid in my opinion. We 've just seen what happens when you get a few injuries upfront - what would happen if Bikey got sent off (3 match ban) or injured.
  • Pointless and stupid if we let him go.
  • Curb-it will be devistated!
  • When is Gomez back from injury?
  • Seems odd but expect the unexpected with Roland.

Bumpy ride
  • Sponsored links:

• gomez and thomas must be seen as "good enough" then
  • If we are going to keep Gomez long term then he needs to be involved. Sending Morrison out on loan ensures that he is on the bench week in and week out if fit. As a long term prospect Gomez could and should be a lot better than Morrison.

It also frees up wages for a possible incoming. We were linked with Nick Kuipers recently, could this free up wages for a possible Jan bid?
  • Would be strange (especially while Gomez is injured) but I doubt Morrison is in Peeters long term plans. He's also someone that wants regular football and has proven he can play at this level for us and Leicester.
  • One in one out
  • Wasted sitting on our bench.
  • Odd but I hope that Morro stays happy, he deserves that.
  • Bob is obviously not keen on Morrison so no problem for me that he furthers his career elsewhere. He deserves that. I suspect we already have the cover for Bikey and TBH at the club and Morrisons wages will free up some money for January aquisitions.

The transformation continues.
  • Gomez easily able to step in, Big Bob must see something in Thomas or one of the other youngsters
  • Was at the training ground yesterday and had a chat with Morro. Obviously disappointed not being in the 1st team, but no inkling that he was off to Brum! Doesn't seem sensible as not sure why we would want to strengthen rivals
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!