Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Gerard, Ollie Muldoon

Never hear much about either of these and assume if they were going to make it they would be looking to get out on loan or make an appearance in the squad. Anyone who watches the Young Guns have any thoughts on either?

Comments

• Options
    Well Ollie Muldoon has been out in a few of the warm-ups at the last few home games so may not be completely out of Bob's mind
  • Options
    Did Harry Gerard not just sign a 1 year contract,

maybe he is being given that year to prove himself
  • Options
    Both have a chance of a football career either here or elsewhere. They are still young, and both are 'intelligent' footballers who have more of an all round game rather than one speciality.
    Mind you Muldoon takes a good free kick.
  • Options
    good news

I hope this is the first of many such announcements over the next two or three months.
  • Options
    Gillingham have added to their midfield options with the capture of Oliver Muldoon from Charlton Athletic

I'm pleased to have Oliver on board, he will give us another option in the centre of midfield and has a good range of passing"
    Justin Edinburgh

Gillingham have completed the signing of midfielder Oliver Muldoon from Charlton Athletic on a youth loan deal until the end of the season.

The 20-year-old has come through the club's academy programme and has featured for the Addicks U21 side.

He has yet to make a first team appearance for Charlton but adds options to the Gills midfield following the departure of Amine Linganzi on Tuesday morning.

Oliver goes straight into the squad for Saturday's league game against Bristol City at Ashton Gate.

Manager Justin Edinburgh said: "I'm pleased to have Oliver on board, he will give us another option in the centre of midfield and has a good range of passing.

"I am looking forward to working with him."

Read more at http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/article/gillingham-sign-charlton-midfielder-oliver-muldoon-on-youth-loan-deal-
  • Options

good news

I hope this is the first of many such announcements over the next two or three months.

He can only sign once I thought :-)
  • Options
    Encouraging that a club at Gillingham's level wants him. Maybe he does have a future at a higher level with us after all.
  • Options
    iainment said:

good news

He can only sign once I thought :-)
    Signed for us and now Gillingham so you're wrong, he can sign more than once. : - )
  • Options
    It'll be good if he gets some 1st team action there, Gillingham still have a chance of the playoffs, only 4 points behind 6th. And the chance to swap divisions with Millwall is a good incentive...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have been singing his praises for a number of years, but he has not kicked on as quickly as I thought he would. I hear that as well as Munns, Cumberbatch, Browne and Daniel will be released.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I have been singing his praises for a number of years, but he has not kicked on as quickly as I thought he would. I hear that as well as Munns, Cumberbatch, Browne and Daniel will be released.

Daniel hasnt progressed at al and it would suggest neither has cumberbatch... Munns was trying to get a deal away from cafc in January
  • Options
    Unfortunately there will an element of signing some players so we'll have enough players to run an U21 squad.

Cumberbatch, Munns and Daniel had been released by Watford, Spurs and Palace so did at least have a decent pedigree.

Maybe they could have made it, maybe not. Players do develop at different times and not always in a steady progression year on year. Muldoon could be an example of this. KAG and Ansah, due to injuries, others.

But if Dick has heard right can only wish them good luck.
  • Options
    Might be a (relatively) late developer. Certainly worth a 2 year deal, from what I've seen
  • Options
    When I first saw Bradley Jordan play I thought he had a lot of ability and he would push on. But he seemed to hover at the same level. He captained the U21 team, but that seemed to be his limit. I agree with Henry that players progress at a different rate. But the bottom line is some players are just not good enough, or have good ability but a lousy attitude.
    I was really pleased when we signed Zak Ansah as he came with a big rep. But I hope he proves me wrong, I can only give my opinion in what I have seen of him.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I haven't watched the youngsters as much as some especially Dick however I'm not a bad judge of footballing ability if I do say so myself even allowing for Henners differing rates of development. Ansah has been disappointing to say the least, Munns does not offer enough to make up for his lack of physical presence but Muldoon is worth a punt IMO.
  • Options
    Ollie Muldoon impressed me the first time i saw him which is normally a good sign two years ago.
    Plus 3 times this season of which 2 of the games were at the valley.
    Unsure now, but feel the loan move to the Gills will be good plus easier for family and friends to support. Ollie looks strong enough at U21 level, but now he will come up against senior pros. make or break time.
  • Options
    Great news , well done Ollie! And a good loan move to Gills too
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I haven't watched the youngsters as much as some especially Dick however I'm not a bad judge of footballing ability if I do say so myself even allowing for Henners differing rates of development. Ansah has been disappointing to say the least, Munns does not offer enough to make up for his lack of physical presence but Muldoon is worth a punt IMO.

Agree with that, RC.

We've watched Olly play in quite a few games and he's always totally committed and attack minded.

You invariably see full bloodied tackles from the lad too...sometimes ill chosen ones but his energy and drive are never in doubt.

Good luck in deepest, darkest Kent, Olly !
  • Options
    Muldoon made his League debut for Gillingham today, starting before being subbed in the 67th minute.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Muldoon made his League debut for Gillingham today, starting before being subbed in the 67th minute.

A good 0-0 against Bristol City
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Oggy Red said:

A good 0-0 against Bristol City
    Quite. Tough debut away against the runaway leaders.

• Options
    Justin Edinburgh spoke highly of Ollie's league debut during his Radio Kent interview.

He had an excellent game and was only substituted because he understandably tired having never previously played at that level.
  • Options
    Muldoon started again for Gillingham - but subbed off in the 55th minute injured.