Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charltonlife works in mysterious ways

And brings humour to the most saddest of occasions, let me explain..... Having my Mother pass away recently today was the day we had to organise the service and as well as the relive my childhood as it gives the reader of the service ( humanitarian) a background into our family. Going through the "normal family" business I told the gentleman conducting the service we had a troubled past and only recently had settled our differences and for the first time ever I had kissed my mum at the age of 50 and some years later, I would have around 56 ish when she said said the words "you've made me proud" and this was after trust did a lovely write up on my dogs work with the Upbeats which I printed off and gave to her, she would show anyone who would listen and some that wouldn't. Relaying all this to the the gentleman concerned, I was asked varying questions, if mum had met our dogs how he qualified and was trained etc. I was then asked the name of this dog, obviously my reply was Bailey"............ This was responded to with "Bailey!! Bailey and the Upbeats, Bailey?? Bailey from Charltonlife, Bailey?? I have read all about him on Charltonlife and those wonderful stories of his work, my daughter who was present said later, how surreal it was that a football forum can help bring laughter to possibly the saddest day of her young life and she asked me to pass on her thanks. I now know that gentleman reads this forum as do some of the names we mentioned, including the name of the author of that piece that made my Mum proud of me! So that gentleman thank you for making Mum proud. I know the day is in good hands its in Charlton hands. This a special place with some special people, those asking if some things are relevant to a football forum, hang around a while you'll see a whole spectrum of life, its Charltonlife its a bit special.......

Ray

Comments

• Firstly Ray, may I offer my condolences.

Secondly, what a wonderful post.
  • Good post Ray.

May your Mum RIP.
  • Condolences Ray.

This can be a strange and frustrating place but its virtues far outweigh its vices.
  • Ray, now that's weird!! I sent you a pm on FB, lets meet up soon mate. Take care and please accept mine and Angie's condolences.
  • Ray, so sorry to hear about your mum.
  • RIP TCE's mum - wishing you and the family all the best.

I wonder if the lovely gentleman you are referring to is @Pico? I know he leads funeral services, but is rather shy about mentioning it on here, even though he can offer great support to fellow Addicks at a difficult time. I promised him that I would mention it on his behalf if an appropriate opportunity arose, and I think this is it - hope TCE and Pico and the powers that be at CL think that's OK.
  • Sad news indeed, Ray. Our thoughts are with you .

So pleased to hear that your day was given a much needed lift though from a seemingly unusual source.

We had a lovely Humanitarian reader at Richard's Mum's funeral a few weeks ago & bearing in mind her taste in music and the era she lived in we chose "Stardust" ( Nat King Cole) on entry, " Somewhere over the Rainbow" ( Eva Cassidy ) for a period of reflection and " We'll meet again" ( Vera Lynn) at the end. All in all, it was a lovely service.
  • Sorry to hear about your loss. Must admit I never knew your name but knew of Bailey too !
  • Condolences to you Ray.
    That was a nice post.
  • My condolences to you and your family. Your post is a lovely one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very nice and touching post Ray. As an old'un, one thing I always tell my friends and family is, ' if there is someone who you love, make sure you tell them now, it will hurt you if you lose them before you tell them. '
  • Here's thinking of you Ray. Lovely post.
  • Thanks ladies and of course gentlemen, yes Kimbo...... I answer to Ray, Baileys Dad all sorts of names. ;) @ Weegie, I'm not sure of his name on here and if I did know it I'm not sure I would name him on here without his permission, but Mum is good hands of that I'm am sure.
  • Thoughts with you mate
  • Terrific post
  • Choked up on reading this, a truly beautiful post. Peace at last for many it would seem x
  • That truly brought tears to my eyes for more reasons than one. Condolences to you and your family Ray, what a wonderful post, I hope the service is fitting and goes well, God bless you. X
  • Condolences mate. Touching story. Hope all goes well.
  • Sorry to hear about your Mum Ray. Thoughts are with you and the family.
  • Very moving and uplifting post Ray my thoughts are with you and your family
  • Sponsored links:

• Truly uplifting post, Ray. My thoughts are with you.
  • edited October 2014
    Sorry to hear that Ray, and believe me its our pleasure to shout about the selfless gift people like you give to those kids.
  • You made your mum proud of you, Ray - as we are all proud of you. A truly moving post and my sincere condolences to you and your family.
  • Thanks again folks for your comments, I'll be there tomorrow without this fella.......image