Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things to do in Bexleyheath

Right, I am off out chaps.
I will have to borrow someone's bike though.
Because of my age I might look out of place in Pure. Mind you, I could lend them my Leonard Cohen records. That would get things going.
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/11563970.5_things_to_see_and_do_in___Bexleyheath/?ref=mr

Comments

• Options
    Head says don't open, finger does what it fcking wants.
  • Options
    Missed out the Co-op Funeral Parlour.
  • Options
    get a train somewhere else
  • Options
    Best thing to do in Bexleyheath is to catch a bus to somewhere else.
  • Options
    great minds SHG, great minds
  • Options
    Went to Bexleyheath yesterday. The liveliest place was the cemetery. It is hidden down a narrow road opposite the Wimpey bar on the Broadway, so the journo may have missed it.
  • Options
    All went down hill when Yates and Lloyds Bar closed.
  • Options
    As said elsewhere, I was in Bexleyheath for the first time the other day...for a first date! We went bowling, as the article advises, but then wound up grabbing dinner and a (soft) drink at Spoonies. We'd walked down the whole of the Broadway looking for a decent kebab shop or cafe - it's a bizarre street, in fact, stuffed full of clothes boutiques, some not quite so cheap, but oddly bereft of eating and drinking establishments aside from the usual fast food places; even they seemed small and discreet, as if they didn't want to be there. Broadway has a modern feel - it's clean, fashionably cobbled with a broad and open layout, but also completely deserted and unwelcoming at 9pm on a Monday. It was only as I began to pine for the bustle of Charlton or Woolwich that we stumbled upon the Furze Wren (as I later pointed out to my drop-jawed companion, a Dartford Warbler rather than a wren) and were able to avail ourselves a satisfactory second half to the evening.

So yes - Bexleyheath: ok for going out if you stick to the absolute basics, otherwise a completely soulless commercial wasteland (n.b. this might be harsh as I only really saw Broadway and the bits around the bowling alley)
  • Options
    Fck mine Leuth, first date in Bexleyheath.

You have given it far more credit than it deserves there.

• Options
    " Things to do in Bexleyheath "

Isn't that an oxymoron?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

As said elsewhere, I was in Bexleyheath for the first time the other day...for a first date! We went bowling, as the article advises, but then wound up grabbing dinner and a (soft) drink at Spoonies. We'd walked down the whole of the Broadway looking for a decent kebab shop or cafe - it's a bizarre street, in fact, stuffed full of clothes boutiques, some not quite so cheap, but oddly bereft of eating and drinking establishments aside from the usual fast food places; even they seemed small and discreet, as if they didn't want to be there. Broadway has a modern feel - it's clean, fashionably cobbled with a broad and open layout, but also completely deserted and unwelcoming at 9pm on a Monday. It was only as I began to pine for the bustle of Charlton or Woolwich that we stumbled upon the Furze Wren (as I later pointed out to my drop-jawed companion, a Dartford Warbler rather than a wren) and were able to avail ourselves a satisfactory second half to the evening.

So yes - Bexleyheath: ok for going out if you stick to the absolute basics, otherwise a completely soulless commercial wasteland (n.b. this might be harsh as I only really saw Broadway and the bits around the bowling alley)

Walking through the Broadway at 9pm on a Monday i'm not suprised it was deserted. How many shopping High St's pedestrianised areas are lively then ?? (bustling Charlton??)

Bexleyheath is a great place to live and tremendous value imo. Great access to London by rail, bus network, close to motorways, Bluewater, 20 mins from the countryside, its the perfect family-rasing commuter area that hasn't seen house prices go silly like elsewhere because it is not on the tube / DLR network. Its got good leisure facilities, a decent shopping centre, cinema and a hugely under rated park on its doorstep.

As for nowhere to eat, i could have named 15 places from the top of the Broadway to the bowling alley, from chains such as Zizzi's, Frankie & Benny, Pizza Express and Nando's, to Blend, Zingara, Bank, Pradas, Twin Palace, Cyprus Village, Aligor, Delicio etc

• Options
    About 10 years ago Thursdays/Fridays/Saturdays were absolutely buzzing up Bexleyheath. Loads of birds, quite a few different places to go (OHM, Lloyds, Yates, Drayman, 42nd Street, Zero Degrees)

Now its full of pound shops. A tell tale sign your town is becoming a shit hole.
  • Options
    Nando's was closed and I didn't see any of the others! Probably distracted tbf ;) Will try to be more observant next time. Honestly, the only ones we saw were a Wimpy, a Burger King and a McDonald's
  • Options

Leuth said:

Walking through the Broadway at 9pm on a Monday i'm not suprised it was deserted. How many shopping High St's pedestrianised areas are lively then ?? (bustling Charlton??)

Bexleyheath is a great place to live and tremendous value imo. Great access to London by rail, bus network, close to motorways, Bluewater, 20 mins from the countryside, its the perfect family-rasing commuter area that hasn't seen house prices go silly like elsewhere because it is not on the tube / DLR network. Its got good leisure facilities, a decent shopping centre, cinema and a hugely under rated park on its doorstep.

As for nowhere to eat, i could have named 15 places from the top of the Broadway to the bowling alley, from chains such as Zizzi's, Frankie & Benny, Pizza Express and Nando's, to Blend, Zingara, Bank, Pradas, Twin Palace, Cyprus Village, Aligor, Delicio etc

Banks closed as a restaurant now and tried to be a trendy wine bar. Shame as i ate there in January and it was really nice.
  • Options

Leuth said:

agree with all of that, there are far worse places to live and bring up kids, property is still excellent value.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Nando's was closed and I didn't see any of the others! Probably distracted tbf ;) Will try to be more observant next time. Honestly, the only ones we saw were a Wimpy, a Burger King and a McDonald's

Cant believe you missed the KFC .
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Erith 2nd date?
  • Options
    The first date and not being able to find a cafe or kebab shop done me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robin Hood & Little John. I went there yesterday, excellent pub as always. They even insisted on topping up my Guinness, when it was full to start with. Take a sip & I'll top it up. Great service !
  • Options
    Things to do in Bexleyheath? I think there's a couple of buses that get you of town pretty quick, don't worry.
  • Options
    Can't beat a Furze Friday!
  • Options
    Been away from Bexleyheath for 13 years now, didn't realise it was so quiet now.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

not even kidding, a thamesside walk around erith to see the seals abandoned shopping trolley in the mud has been mooted

• Options
    Things to do in Bexleyheath is one of the world's shortest books. Alongside the "Wit of Margaret Thatcher" and "Great English Lovers"
  • Options

Robin Hood & Little John. I went there yesterday, excellent pub as always. They even insisted on topping up my Guinness, when it was full to start with. Take a sip & I'll top it up. Great service !

Do they still have the framed Charlton top hanging on the back wall?

• Options
    Pettgra - you're not Golfie in disguise are you? In which case can you tell the Mrs that we're going out on both Saturday and Sunday so she's not available ;-)
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Yes and the certificates for Bexley CAMRA pub of the year for 2012 & 2013, together, with previous one's for nearly every year, going back some time.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

did last time I was in there (summer)