Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox

Comments

• Options
    The game was not lost by a young inexperienced defender making a poor clearance, it was lost by a set of more experienced players failing to score even one of several chances created with the end result that one young man's misfortune resulted in one goal deciding the entire game. There was more than a little bad luck besides - yes it was a bad clearance but it was unfortunate that it went straight to the feet of Hunt, who struck it very well and in just the right place to beat Pope (also blameless). Seen better players miss better chances than that before.
  • Options

Player makes mistake, other team scores shocker. Every goal starts with a mistake somewhere. A player scores a worldy from 30 yards and the keeper doesn't have a chance to get it but 20 seconds before the same keepers clearance was miscontrolled by his striker who lost it to a centre half who then passed it to the player who scored a worldy. If there were no mistakes they'd be no goals. Football is a team game. Yes Fox made an error and was punished. Bikey made a couple and wasnt. Gudmonssson and Igor could have done better in a couple of instances but didn't. Harriott had an air shot in the box. All contributed to us losing. If we'd been 2-0 up we wouldn't even be discussing it. But hey let's blame it on an inexperienced player still learning his trade. The key is him learning from it.

Get out of here with your sense talking.
  • Options
    Bobs thoughts on the last few minutes

"“You can play good football and be pleasing the fans, but if you think in the 94th minute you can start dribbling as a centre back – especially one of my most experienced players – then it’s unforgivable.”
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/bob-peeters-ipswich-town-charlton-2111366.aspx#0mE4fwslUQuzEEAg.99
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Kap10 said:

Just caught this thread, so young inexperienced defender makes error and gets pages of abuse, but TBH was hardly touched for losing three points up at Rotherham.

Fox is what we have got, back him and build his confidence or we'll have a a nervous insecure defender till after christmas.

Actually TBH did get the finger pointed at him after the Rotherham game, his performance was rated second worst at 5.92 in the respective Players Marks stats thread. He did however have many plus points in hand from very good performances week after week up to that game. Interestingly Bob blamed TBH in the post match interview today for losing the ball upfield prior the goal and not Fox.

Unfortunately for young Fox, he doesn't have the luxury of several man of the match performances behind him. Feelings will always run high when you get beat in the last minute and provided this does not develop into him being pilloried by the fans in future games then no lasting damage should be done to his confidence.
  • Options
    Is Gomez fit at the moment ? Just wondering what options we have in defence (not saying TBH or Fox should definitely be dropped).
  • Options
    Prefer a heralded but untried talent (THD, Edwards) than a steady Eddie.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    se9addick said:

Is Gomez fit at the moment ? Just wondering what options we have in defence (not saying TBH or Fox should definitely be dropped).

Gomez was on the bench today. Personally I would prefer either Gomez or Wilson at right back and switch Solly to left back but to do this won't help Fox's development one bit so don't expect Bob to go down that route as he regards him as his reserve LB.
  • Options
    I thought Wiggins was our weakest link for most of the early season and the oppositions all knew it, we got caned down that flank early doors. Whilst not saying he's the answer, I actually think Fox has been better than Wiggins when he's come in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014

I thought Wiggins was our weakest link for most of the early season and the oppositions all knew it, we got caned down that flank early doors. Whilst not saying he's the answer, I actually think Fox has been better than Wiggins when he's come in.

Disagree. You don't realise what you have until it is gone. :-0
  • Options
    Part of his football education. Did well up to that stage of the game. We had plenty of goal scoring chances but defensive faults show up loads more.
  • Options
    Wiggins always was the better player. Some posters on here had it in for him, crazy.

Fox made a mistake, it was a shame, but generally he had a decent game and as others have said, Vetekele, JBG, Harriot etc all had chances and we could/should have been a couple to the good.

Fox is a kid, learning his trade and will go on to have a reasonable career in footy, whether with us not.
  • Options
    Having seen several U21 games over the last 3 seasons ,i did feel that Holmes-Dennis is the one who will push
    Wiggins for the LB position more than Fox, but having said that Morgan deserves our support and encouragement if he gets picked. Harry Lennon is a decent CB but any one at the U21 match against Cardiff knows that LB is not his position.
  • Options

Having seen several U21 games over the last 3 seasons ,i did feel that Holmes-Dennis is the one who will push
    Wiggins for the LB position more than Fox, but having said that Morgan deserves our support and encouragement if he gets picked. Harry Lennon is a decent CB but any one at the U21 match against Cardiff knows that LB is not his position.

What position is Holmes-Dennis ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

What position is Holmes-Dennis ?
    LB at Oxford
  • Options
    I have seen Holmes Dennis play midfield several times. I confess to being unsure of his best position, but he is a good competitive player whenever I've seen him.
  • Options
    A lot of posts imo were on emotion, a last injury time minGoal

• Sponsored links:

• Options

It doesn't matter though, cos he came through our academy. Bollocks. Fuck him off

You don't half talk some bollox mate.
  • Options

Just caught up with this thread.

Really disappointing reading it that it mirrors a lot you hear at the ground.

Sadly all you hear copping the "for f*** sake" abuse is Fox, Cousins, Harriott. Young local lads coming through the academy finding their way in the professional game.

They may well go on and 'not make it' it at this level, but what a shame it won't be because they simply aren't up to it and not because some irate 'fan' is spitting fury calling you a c***.

So disappointing. Greenie, ya boy and othersm you really need a good look at yourselves if you don't mind me saying

Have to agree, if they don't make it in the end it won't be because they don't care, or don't want to, but because they ultimately aren't good enough. Those who think that swearing at them and hurling abuse will somehow make them better or improve the situation in any way really need to stop and think. We and they are better served by backing them to perform to the very best of their ability instead of holding them to standards young men with little practical experience should not be expected to meet every game, because that won't happen. It's not a criticism and it's no-one's fault, merely the nature of the game and of human beings.
  • Options
    Player makes a poor clearence, solely his fault, not the multiple others out of position or losing the ball earlier. Halfwhits without any perspective. In your useless lives making a multitude of mistakes, but you have to murder other's mistakes.
  • Options

Full back baiting in a sport in it's own at Charlton

Wisdom
  • Options
    I apologise big morg
  • Options
    He's playing at a level I very much doubt he'll be playing regularly in in two years time
    he's not anywhere near Wiggins level and he won't ever be
    Good luck to him here and anywhere else he ends up playing
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Just caught up with this thread.

Really disappointing reading it that it mirrors a lot you hear at the ground.

Sadly all you hear copping the "for f*** sake" abuse is Fox, Cousins, Harriott. Young local lads coming through the academy finding their way in the professional game.

They may well go on and 'not make it' it at this level, but what a shame it won't be because they simply aren't up to it and not because some irate 'fan' is spitting fury calling you a c***.

So disappointing. Greenie, ya boy and othersm you really need a good look at yourselves if you don't mind me saying

Bit strong AFKA never called Fox a ****. So I do mind you saying.
  • Options
    Was disappointed to hear some of the abuse Fox got from a few in West lower yesterday. He is very young, and not alone in making a mistake, however costly. Basically, just a boy being asked to do a man's job, mainly due to our very small squad. Not his fault and we should not get on at him, it won't help at all.
  • Options
    Wiggy is still out for a few weeks and if Morgan gets injured himself or suspended we don't really have much more cover at LB.
  • Options
    I didn't realise that he's older than Cousins