Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morgan Fox

Comments

• Only last week

Didn't cost us though because we still got a point and didn't lose.
  • An Academy player is like your own kid though.

i.e. If your kid is a sweet natured child when your around your going to think he's an angel, if he's a little bastard when you dont see and he gets accused of bullying at school.

When your told of the bullying how many would go... "Im gonna kill the little shit"... instead most am sure would go "Nah not my lil billy he wouldnt hurt a fly"
  • I'm willing to give younger players time but I just don't think he's good enough going forward where he will ever improve enough for us. He will learn to stop making mistakes like that but ultimately he just isn't good enough technically or physically to be a starting left back for us. Solly fits what we do perfectly as he's solid at the back but also has a good first touch and can get a cross in but Fox just can't. He might be ok if Harriot was on the left as a more traditional winger but with Cousins cutting in we need some sort of outlet there.
  • how many good chances did we miss ? twice Igor miscontroled a ball when he could have been clean through---which might have WON us the game but slag off a kid for a f--k up which lost us 1 point---twats

Yup, Igor and Jo-Berg far more culpable today for wasted opportunities, but the knuckle draggers have already decided they like those two and don't like Fox, so regardless of what actually happened it's clear who they're going to blame.
    Knuckle draggers for having a different opinion to you? what a muggy comment exiled Addick
  • He offers nothing going forward and looks a nervous wreck defensively. Poor positional sense, lacking physically, no pace - really hasn't got much going for him. As for the "clearance" at the end........
  • As Ive already asked... People are so quick to slag Morgan Fox off but Ive yet to hear a realistic alternative to Left-Back..

Other than playing Solly (which would be playing one of our best players out of position)

Weve so many Football Managers on here who like to state who shouldnt be playing but dont have a scooby about alternative options?
  • Fox needs to work on his concentration in games in the last quarter. Not at fault for the defeat today. It was the loss of shape of the midfield after Jackson went off. The appalling inability to keep hold of the ball and constant throwing away of possession in the last 20 minutes is what has cost Charlton. That is a team responsibility.
  • Watched on TV. He did ok until the error. Much like Basey he looks fairly solid most of the time but he lack of pace does limit what he can offer going forward. When a full back doesn't offer much going forward they need to be even more solid defensively.

As Ive already asked... People are so quick to slag Morgan Fox off but Ive yet to hear a realistic alternative to Left-Back..

Other than playing Solly (which would be playing one of our best players out of position)

Weve so many Football Managers on here who like to state who shouldnt be playing but dont have a scooby about alternative options?

Holmes-Dennis once he returns from his loan? From the bits I've seen of him and Fox he's got potential to go further.

Lack of experience isn't an issue for me if he's good enough. Gomez is a couple of years younger and has done a good job in Solly's absence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Post match, Bob Peeters is blaming Ben Haim not Foxy.
  • Only last week

Tucudean cost us 2 points, as we drew rather than won.

Fox (if you blame him for the goal) cost us 1 point, as we lost rather than drew.

Fox is not the main problem in this side. He's not as good as Wiggins by any means, but whilst he's out he's our best option at LB.
  • You see a different game live granted, but from the tv he wasn't great but I have seen better players in that position play a lot worse

His clearance at the end was poor and very costly, but he wasn't the only reason we lost

Igor not unfit but certainly not 100%, JBG was not in the game at all woefully poor delivery and decisions

• how many good chances did we miss ? twice Igor miscontroled a ball when he could have been clean through---which might have WON us the game but slag off a kid for a f--k up which lost us 1 point---twats

THIS 100%

• masicat said:

Our failure is not scoring goals. Not a young and inexperienced fullback learning his trade. But then people need to blame someone so why not Fox? The whingers will always find a scapegoat.

Then you need to understand what scapegoat means.

It was Foxes crap clearance that cost us the goal, that is fact, it was his fault, no ones else that they scored.
    Pony footballer.

Yup, Igor and Jo-Berg far more culpable today for wasted opportunities, but the knuckle draggers have already decided they like those two and don't like Fox, so regardless of what actually happened it's clear who they're going to blame.
    Knuckle draggers for having a different opinion to you? what a muggy comment exiled Addick
    Not got a problem with different opinions, got an issue with OTT, aggressive criticism of a young lad with limited experience who pretty much has to play right now, at the very least in midweek games when Solly is unavailable.

No ones pretending he's a superstar, but what I see is a young lad doing some decent stuff as well as making mistakes but he's putting in the effort and working within his current limitations, which I'm sure he and the club are trying to improve on. That may never happen but it certainly won't be overnight and don't see what comments like "Fuck him off" are going to do to help anyone. Your criticism of Fox is coming across as very one eyed.

Yet to see anthing as OTT as you labelling a load of people knuckle draggers. Fox wasn't terrible today, but he wasn't very good either. You'll have to accept that he will come under some criticism just like any other player in the squad.

• Only last week

Tucudean cost us 2 points, as we drew rather than won.

Fox (if you blame him for the goal) cost us 1 point, as we lost rather than drew.

Fox is not the main problem in this side. He's not as good as Wiggins by any means, but whilst he's out he's our best option at LB.
    Costing us the game is putting us in a we're position than we were before someone made the mistake. We were not in a worst position after tucudean messed up. We just wernt in a better one.

how many good chances did we miss ? twice Igor miscontroled a ball when he could have been clean through---which might have WON us the game but slag off a kid for a f--k up which lost us 1 point---twats

Not got a problem with different opinions, got an issue with OTT, aggressive criticism of a young lad with limited experience who pretty much has to play right now, at the very least in midweek games when Solly is unavailable.

No ones pretending he's a superstar, but what I see is a young lad doing some decent stuff as well as making mistakes but he's putting in the effort and working within his current limitations, which I'm sure he and the club are trying to improve on. That may never happen but it certainly won't be overnight and don't see what comments like "Fuck him off" are going to do to help anyone. Your criticism of Fox is coming across as very one eyed.

Comments like 'fuck him off' is just my opinion it's not 'meant to do' anything. It's not the first time he's been at fault for a goal this season. Let's go back to the Fulham game when he was at fault for one, maybe two of the goals? I personally think he is not good enough.
  • We have had better players play worse than that mate costly mistake but I think there's being a bit of emotions over fact in this case
  • Some of you getting overheated on this. I can't see anyone slagging off Morgan, just noting the mistake at the end and pointing out his current limitations as a player, which all seem valid points. Still back him as decent back-up to Rhoys but also maintain the view that Rhoys is a long way ahead of him both defensively and offensively.
  • We were looking shaky towards the end of the game and I don't think it's fair to blame it all on Fox. It was unfortunate that he didn't manage to clear the ball but it could have happened to the others - it actually reminds me of Liverpool's Moreno making a similar (or even worse) mistake in their game against Newcastle a few weeks ago and Moreno cost Liverpool how much? £12m? Fox will surely have a hard time sleeping tonight but I honestly think he did okay in the whole game. Our major problem obviously wasn't at the back. We just wasted way too many clear cut chances up front and that's why we lost the game today. I just hope Fox's confidence won't be totally knocked down by this unlucky 'error' and pull himself together soon - to be honest we do need him to be in good form, after all, who else is there to fill the vacancy left by Wiggy?
  • Sponsored links:

• We have had better players play worse than that mate costly mistake but I think there's being a bit of emotions over fact in this case

Undoubtedly mate. I'll probably be less annoyed tomorrow. I just think that regardless of emotions that, that is a poor mistake from him
  • Ok we lost today, but I think its a bit harsh blaming MF. He's only playing because of RW's injury for christ sake, I thought he did ok tbh, obviously before "that clearance"!!
    Hopefully this might be the kick up the arse we all need, at times we are playing as good football as I have seen down the valley for a long long time. We are "nearly" a good side in this division imo.
    But going back to MF I hope people dont get on his back too much (Bob will do that I'm sure!)
    Onwards and upwards..............

COYR
  • edited November 2014

• We were looking shaky towards the end of the game and I don't think it's fair to blame it all on Fox. It was unfortunate that he didn't manage to clear the ball but it could have happened to the others - it actually reminds me of Liverpool's Moreno making a similar (or even worse) mistake in their game against Newcastle a few weeks ago and Moreno cost Liverpool how much? £12m? Fox will surely have a hard time sleeping tonight but I honestly think he did okay in the whole game. Our major problem obviously wasn't at the back. We just wasted way too many clear cut chances up front and that's why we lost the game today. I just hope Fox's confidence won't be totally knocked down by this unlucky 'error' and pull himself together soon - to be honest we do need him to be in good form, after all, who else is there to fill the vacancy left by Wiggy?

And another thing, I hate balanced well thought out criticism like this, it has no place on a football forum, when we have just been mugged by a load of inbreds.

You have a lot to learn Jessie ;o)

Agreed. I didn't actually think he was that bad to be honest - made some decent movements up the pitch during the game from the stream I saw.

However, I'm not sure if they were focusing their attacks down our left hand side - the commentator suggested as much anyway. At the end of the day, I think most of us would prefer to go against Fox than Solly; so it's to be expected I guess.

That's based on todays viewing though - I haven't been Fox's biggest fan at all, and after Fulham he's worried me a bit. That said, I felt the same about Pope after his howler against Derby. He's beginning to prove me wrong though..
  • He looks like he's playing with no confidence, as soon as he receives the ball he wants rid of it. He's obviously got ability or Bob wouldn't let him anywhere near the team. I think he needs an experienced player on the left in front of him & time to learn his trade. Not fans on his back saying fuck him off because he miss-hit a clearance
  • Players make errors, players also get injured. To focus all of our bad vibes on Morgan Fox is ridiculous, we lost 0-1 today for a number of reasons, not because Morgan Fox played for an injured Wiggins.
  • ben haim and coq got skinned inside out by the tractors winger. Fox did the best he could and he's getting pelters.

I also heard boos for tucadean, what the fuck people
  • seth plum said:

Players make errors, players also get injured. To focus all of our bad vibes on Morgan Fox is ridiculous, we lost 0-1 today for a number of reasons, not because Morgan Fox played for an injured Wiggins.

Lets do it again, they scored 1 more goal than us, the goal was conceded when Morgan Fox passed the ball to their player who scored, so its Fox'a fault they scored and then we lost,,,,,,,mmmmmm........
  • The clearance was woeful hence the pelters but the fella had a tough day all round