Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morgan Fox

Comments

• In fairness he's been ok apart from that.
  • He has been poor so far. Letting the ball run out of play with no one around him
  • He has been poor so far. Letting the ball run out of play with no one around him

Doh :smile:
  • Morgan with the ball, strolling down the touchline unmarked and just let the ball run out of play !

The one saving grace of this season is that we have JDS.. only for this season, granted
  • He allowed Baldock in behind him twice in the first half-once on a free kick and once in open play. Let's see how he goes in the second half. He needs to track Baldock's runs.
  • In fairness he's been ok apart from that.

Ok, I didn't want to be accused of picking on him, but he has been shite. He's even throwing the ball to them now.
  • Bet he wishes he had stayed with us.
  • Just missed a sitter from 2 yardss and gave away a pen in first 10 mins of Sheffield derby
  • Their fans rate him about as much as we did
  • Ha. I wanted to post the same but couldn't be bothered to search.
    Fox really is a poor player.
    Good luck to him, mind you.
  • Sponsored links:

• It annoyed me when he was abused. Not saying he is ammune from critism but there is critism and there is abuse. Personally he didn't develop in the way I would have liked but he did give 110% every time he played. But I don't think he was going to cut it with us sadly.
  • didnt we get a million for him?
  • Great game though.
  • Great game though.

Sheff U are impressive. Obviously have a good manager !
  • didnt we get a million for him?

I believe it was 250K plus add ons, I may be wrong though.
  • Great game though.

Sheff U are impressive. Obviously have a good manager !
    Roland knew he was good, we ruined it for him.
    Roland has always had a good track record in picking managers.

Karel fudging Fraeye
  • Leon Clarke is playing for Sheff Utd???? he was awful for us
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Leon Clarke is playing for Sheff Utd???? he was awful for us

Not just playing for them either - 30 goals in 62 starts
  • as i said, Sheff U were very impressive, they ran out of steam a bit in the second half, but pulverised Wednesday without getting the result. The best 0-0 i've seen for a while.
    Wilder has assembled the side essentially from free signings and cast offs, with most of his players coming from lower leagues but they play very good football, including a system where the centre backs double up as wingers !
    After his first 10, Morgan played a reasonable game, including one delcious cross in 2nd half which nearly gave Wednesday one of their very few opportunities on goal.
  • Just missed a sitter from 2 yardss and gave away a pen in first 10 mins of Sheffield derby

I like your analysis above and I have never been Fox's biggest fan .. BUT .. the 'sitter' ? .. the ball came at him very quickly as did the Blades defenders, NOT a sitter .. I'm still convinced the ball came of a Blades defender and it shoulda been a corner .. and that cross from Fox .. delicious as you wrote, deserved a goal

the pen ? .. Duffy very cleverly moved towards Fox's trailing leg and then did a bit of a swallow dive .. it was a 50/50 call .. if it was one of ours who fell over, I'd be screaming for a pen .. if it was given against us, I'd be very annoyed ..
    as you write it was an all action VERY clean and sporting game .. almost an oxymoron .. an end to end, pulsating 0-0 .. very enjoyable

• Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

I prefer every left back we’ve had since, including Sarr and Solly

Yep
  • Former Charlton Athletic defender Morgan Fox has joined QPR on a two-year deal after leaving Stoke City.
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/former-charlton-defender-makes-qpr-move/
  • Steady Eddy but not a wing back. Glad he’s done well. I always thought him a bit of a plodder.
  • Championship Purrington. Not the type of FB/WB Holden wants.
  • Didn't he move to left of a back 3 for quite a while?
  • clive said:
    Former Charlton Athletic defender Morgan Fox has joined QPR on a two-year deal after leaving Stoke City.
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/former-charlton-defender-makes-qpr-move/

Another player that wasn't rated by Charlton "experts" but moves again to a Championship club.

The big problem with Cafc fans/critic is if our left backs don't play like *Wiggins and Dasilva and bomb forward, complaints are voiced especially with the slower type LB's like Fox and Purrington. They did get forward but took too long to get back !

We know the RB at LB never works other than against poor opposition. I want my LB to go past on the out side not cut in every time.

Morgan Fox has benefited from being a bona fide Left footer which are less than the majority of Right footers and being tall can play LCB. 

*Of course a young fit Wiggins type would be my LB of choice ! 

• sam3110 said:
    Didn't he move to left of a back 3 for quite a while?
    he did and that could well be his best position in future ..