Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morgan Fox

Comments

• masicat said:

Unfortunately Fox spends too much time covering for a player not playing well in front of him and not tracking back. Would never happen under Curbs who was the best manager we have had for making sure full backs had cover. Fox is a better player than the whingers would understand.

As you say Fox shows how well he can play when he has proper protection.

No further proof is required when you watch Saturdays performance, for the majority of the match he had Jackson in front of him and because Jacko has played Left-Back himself he dropped back countless times to protect and also allow Morgan to get forward a few times... When Jackson went off he was supported by Lookman and Botaka who are both more attack minded and again that showed
  • edited November 2016

masicat said:

Unfortunately Fox spends too much time covering for a player not playing well in front of him and not tracking back. Would never happen under Curbs who was the best manager we have had for making sure full backs had cover. Fox is a better player than the whingers would understand.

No further proof is required when you watch Saturdays performance, for the majority of the match he had Jackson in front of him and because Jacko has played Left-Back himself he dropped back countless times to protect and also allow Morgan to get forward a few times... When Jackson went off he was supported by Lookman and Botaka who are both more attack minded and again that showed
    It's not all about how attack minded the winger it but simply their discipline and commitment to get back. Harriot was certainly an attacking winger but he was good at getting back and making sure he covered his man. Bulot was the same. Wagsaff and Wilson were also good at this but less effective going forwards.

I don't blame lookman as he has always been a striker and isn't the sort of player who can run all day as Waggy did. But if he is to stay as as winger he needs to work on it.

Another factor is the CDM, Poyet was very good as the dropping in and covering the full back or allowing the CB to move out wide. Crofts does a shielding the back 4 job but doesn't drop in anywhere near as much. I don't know if that's down to tactics or the type of player.
  • masicat said:

It's not all about how attack minded the winger it but simply their discipline and commitment to get back. Harriot was certainly an attacking winger but he was good at getting back and making sure he covered his man. Bulot was the same. Wagsaff and Wilson were also good at this but less effective going forwards.

I don't blame lookman as he has always been a striker and isn't the sort of player who can run all day as Waggy did. But if he is to stay as as winger he needs to work on it.

Another factor is the CDM, Poyet was very good as the dropping in and covering the full back or allowing the CB to move out wide. Crofts does a shielding the back 4 job but doesn't drop in anywhere near as much. I don't know if that's down to tactics or the type of player.
    There's a player i'd bring back, for this level of course.
  • Dazzler21 said:

masicat said:

Waggy played right back for Gillingham in their 2-1 win at Walsall on Saturday and was singled out for praise by Justin Edinburgh.

He'd be invaluable to us now both on and off the field.
  • Dazzler21 said:

masicat said:

Has had a really slow start @ Gillingham due to injury but has two goals for them this term.

Would have been a great "option" for us
  • LenGlover said:

Dazzler21 said:

masicat said:

Waggy played right back for Gillingham in their 2-1 win at Walsall on Saturday and was singled out for praise by Justin Edinburgh.

He'd be invaluable to us now both on and off the field.
    Always been my way of thinking. We have missed players like Waggy.
  • Well done Morgan.

Did something tonight not enough Charlton players ever do.
  • He likes an assist against Millwall.
  • Not as good as Jay though, is he
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

Not as good as Jay though, is he

Irrelevant, as Jay is not our player and is unlikely to ever be so.
  • wmcf123 said:

Not as good as Jay though, is he

Irrelevant, as Jay is not our player and is unlikely to ever be so.
    Much like Fox
  • Was it on TV? Because if I'd have caught it I'd have crushed my glass at all the mistakes he made for Chelsea. Was really elegant when he started for us, but then I'm sure the fact we failed and couldn't defend or score was down to him.

Go for it Morgan... I hope you hold it down.
  • Has he played much this year?
  • Are we seriously singling out a player who left us almost a year ago for praise for making an ASSIST in a game?
  • Are we seriously singling out a player who left us almost a year ago for praise for making an ASSIST in a game?

Seeing it took until April to seriously replace him though, when according to many he was rubbish when with us

Who was the assist against?

Well done Morgan.

Did something tonight not enough Charlton players ever do.

For the sake of balance I would point out that Fox did what a lot of Charlton players do last night too though - committed a "nothing" challenge to allow Millwall to score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think he was thrown in early and that damaged him in the eyes of some boo boys, a lot like KAG got played too early imo and now everyone jumps on him, despite the fact he’s still just a kid.
  • seth plum said:

Wiggins got injured and one of our own stepped up.
    Personally I have never had issues with Fox and wish him well.

I'd be staggered if anyone didn't wish him well. We all acknowledge a committed, home grown player, who tried his best. I just didn't think he was very good
  • wmcf123 said:

seth plum said:

I'd be staggered if anyone didn't wish him well. We all acknowledge a committed, home grown player, who tried his best. I just didn't think he was very good
    Fair comment, although you judgement is questionable
  • wmcf123 said:

seth plum said:

Fair comment, although you judgement is questionable
    Which bit ?
  • I wish any player well. My opinion was always the same, I did not think he was good enough. I always felt he was a rabbit in the headlights type of player. He got the ball and did not know what to do with it and panicked. My view was he was never comfortable with the ball.
  • Morgan with the ball, strolling down the touchline unmarked and just let the ball run out of play !
  • Morgan with the ball, strolling down the touchline unmarked and just let the ball run out of play !

Pigott v Millwall all over again.