Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox

Comments

• Options

The other Davies was the one for me,Paul.......But Cyril was just as good.

I tell you what, the buggers moan now, if they had to endure Paul Davies and Barry Endean!
  • Options
    At least Paul scored 9 league goals in about 60 games,where as Barry could only manage ONE in 27GAMES.
  • Options

Is Fox still here. Shit with a capital S. Cost us at least 15 goals last season. Just pay up his contract and get rid. One of the worst players I have seen in my 45 years supporting but to be fair there have been a few of those over the years.

I think someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.
  • Options

Is Fox still here. Shit with a capital S. Cost us at least 15 goals last season. Just pay up his contract and get rid. One of the worst players I have seen in my 45 years supporting but to be fair there have been a few of those over the years.

That's your opinion. I don't recall a 22 year old, playing in a worse Charlton team, in my 51 years of supporting. ..
  • Options

Chris Solly has always had the advantage of being a good Defender, also good at going forwards yet would have the protection of Gudmundsson / Wilson who could put shifts in

Morgan Fox is a good Defender yet often has to deal with both the opposition Winger and Full-Back because the likes of Harriott / Bergdich etc. arent good Defensively... Means that Fox can't get forward often enough because it means our defence is left open and exposed, funnily when he had Bulot in front of him he was at his best because he had that protection himself!!

It's not just about the protection of a midfielder running back. It's also about the ability of the midfielder to get forward, get the team higher up the pitch and shift the balance of play. But the full-back has to show intent to attack as well and there long periods last season when neither Fox or Solly had the legs to get forward enough. Probably the best we looked was when we had Motta playing high, Gudmonsson higher and Fanni covering the right side.
  • Options

Did you just catch him with his trousers down in your bedroom?

The owners cost a hell of a lot more goals than that last season - both in terms of conceding and not scoring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typ
  • Options
    Showed the best piece of skill in the whole of the first half today.

Hard for some of you to believe, I know, but was about 5 yards in front of me...
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Hard for some of you to believe, I know, but was about 5 yards in front of me...

What did he do?

To be fair, he was one of the few players I actually recognised. I know that says more about me, but if I didn't know we were in red I would've been struggling.
  • Options

Are you Steve s son?

Are you actually Cyril Davies ?
    No. I'm just old. He was one of my favourite players..
    He was my teenage crush. Good player too.
  • Options

Running down the left side, stood on the ball, fell over, the ball clipped his right foot and found a red shirt.

Seriously, I know he's not everybodies cup of team, but I want him to stay this season. He can't be that bad if a championship club wants him - managed by a former defender. Perhaps a move is what the player needs in order to progress.
  • Options
    A full season at League 1 level will do Fox a lot of good I think, and it says a lot about him that he improved towards the end of last season in some pretty dire circumstances - and also despite being constantly dug out by the fans all season (not all fans, but a lot of them).
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Chris Solly has always had the advantage of being a good Defender, also good at going forwards yet would have the protection of Gudmundsson / Wilson who could put shifts in

Morgan Fox is a good Defender yet often has to deal with both the opposition Winger and Full-Back because the likes of Harriott / Bergdich etc. arent good Defensively... Means that Fox can't get forward often enough because it means our defence is left open and exposed, funnily when he had Bulot in front of him he was at his best because he had that protection himself!!

It's not just about the protection of a midfielder running back. It's also about the ability of the midfielder to get forward, get the team higher up the pitch and shift the balance of play. But the full-back has to show intent to attack as well and there long periods last season when neither Fox or Solly had the legs to get forward enough. Probably the best we looked was when we had Motta playing high, Gudmonsson higher and Fanni covering the right side.
    People seem to often forget that a player is playing to instructions.

Because of team formations or the roles of others, the manager may well be telling Fox he is the defender to sit and hold, allowing Solly to overlap on the other side or more creative players to get forward.

If that's the case, Fox will get bollocked by his manager if he breaks the game plan and gets forward when told his job is to sit.
    But some fans won't know that and will give Fox dog's abuse when he hasn't overlapped.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Oggy Red said:

Simonsen said:

Because of team formations or the roles of others, the manager may well be telling Fox he is the defender to sit and hold, allowing Solly to overlap on the other side or more creative players to get forward.

If that's the case, Fox will get bollocked by his manager if he breaks the game plan and gets forward when told his job is to sit.
    But some fans won't know that and will give Fox dog's abuse when he hasn't overlapped.

But then shouldn't Fox also be listening to the fan who shouts FORWARDS!!
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Simonsen said:

But then shouldn't Fox also be listening to the fan who shouts FORWARDS!!
    What, when being overrun by our lack of midfielders and anyone tracking back?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still get disappointed every time I open this thread and it's not about Megan..
  • Options

I still get disappointed every time I open this thread and it's not about Megan..

You just need new glasses, Canters.

• Options
    Morgan came into the side when we were crap but well organised under Powell. At first his passing was great he often showed for the ball when no one else did, and hit great diagonals. Later and with other managers and cds who were less organised he suffered. But did he collapse and dtop trying? No. Other players with talent like Simon Francis and Jamie Stuart did: orobably in better teams for the division they were playing in.

I'm hoping he'll have a great season this year. Good luck Morgan.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Thank you!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Sage said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dare I say it, Morgan Fox was better last season than Solly.

Solly was tenacious but he blocks far fewer crosses into the box than Fox.

Solly isn't as good a crosser wither.

Solly however does cause mistakes he closes down better, he nips at the oppositions ankles like a rabid jack russell.

You are joking right?

Firstly, one of Solly's strengths is that he doesn't get beat by the winger, therefore blocking or defending well before he can even put in a cross.

I lost count of the amount of times Fox got beaten by the winger for him not to recover and before you know it, the ball has been crossed, taking him out the game.

Not to mention there would be at least 2/3 times every match where Fox crosses the ball into the stands, Solly is more controlled with his crosses than Fox.

You could argue that statistically, Fox may block more crosses, but that would be because opposition teams target his side more than Solly's, therefore the more crosses they put in the box on his side, the more he should block.

I'm not digging him out, I genuinely believe he could have a very good season in League One, the fact he won't be coming up against many brilliant wingers will help his game develop as he gains confidence.

Just a couple of your points had to be a joke, surely?
    None were a joke.

They may have been over simplified points but Fox had some great games last season.

Granted I didn't get to as many games as most on here, but Fox is definitely put down a lot because he isn't a left footed Solly.

When a winger does pass Solly the block rarely occurs.

Fox does stand off the winger which isn't great but he does get a block in maybe a third to a half of the time when the winger beats him.

You even admit Solly is less tested than Fox :smile:
  • Options
    League one is the right level for him. Not good enough for the championship but he will be solid for us this year
  • Options
    He is going to be under a lot of pressure for his position from Tariq Holmes-Dennis which can only benefit both of their games.