Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox

Comments

• Options

14 full appearances for Charlton and age 21.
    I hope some on here weren't judged as harshly at age 21, after being in their 1st job for 3 weeks.

After years of training and conditioning.

Anyone can undertake years of training yet at the end of the day it wont prepare you for the real world like first hand experience.

At least with a Footballer your taught how to play the game whereas in the real world your taught how to pass the exam not the common sense
    So if you are stranded in a burning building, and the Fireman can't aim his hose correctly, you will let him off as, despite his training, he is not fully prepared and he has only attended 20 odd fires previously
    You're right, that's exactly the same as a football hitting you on the leg and totally comparable.
  • Options

I hope some on here weren't judged as harshly at age 21, after being in their 1st job for 3 weeks.

Anyone can undertake years of training yet at the end of the day it wont prepare you for the real world like first hand experience.

At least with a Footballer your taught how to play the game whereas in the real world your taught how to pass the exam not the common sense
    So if you are stranded in a burning building, and the Fireman can't aim his hose correctly, you will let him off as, despite his training, he is not fully prepared and he has only attended 20 odd fires previously
    You're right, that's exactly the same as a football hitting you on the leg and totally comparable.
    If a footballer is letting a 'football hit his leg', he might want to consider a career change.
  • Options
    How would people feel if we sold fox and got next to nothing for him?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

If that's all you could get for him mate you'd just let his contract run down surely. Bit like an old banger is worth more to you than it's scrap value. Just an analogy not saying he is useless.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

If that's all you could get for him mate you'd just let his contract run down surely. Bit like an old banger is worth more to you than it's scrap value.
    Precisely, Next to nothing is better than nothing.

• Options

If a footballer is letting a 'football hit his leg', he might want to consider a career change.
    Maybe he should become a fireman. It's exactly the same after all.
  • Options

Maybe he should become a fireman. It's exactly the same after all.

Don't be such a div. Of course they are different jobs, although both require job specific training before you get let loose at the real thing.

If training doesn't prepare you for your job, then what is the point of it?

A professional footballer letting the ball hit his leg, is like a fireman going out with a bucket of water and a super soaker
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

A job that he's been doing for most of his life at a junior level, and has been training day in day out for... You'd think people were protecting their baby the way they are bubble-wrapping Fox. He's 21, he's a full grown man and he's had 21 professional appearances... that's half a season of games..
    not like there was a report done into youth coaching and young english players saying they are judged too harshly and too early...

oh wait.
    Yeah yeah, another case of bubble wrapping young men, Mike Tyson was World Heavy Champion by the time he was 21. He was smashing the crap out of blokes 10 years older than him.
    comparing the average sportsman to one of the best ever? right great arguement :/
    Yes I am, 'cos it kicks your age argument into touch. Er 'right' whatever that means.
    ah you're right, wayne rooney scored for england at 17, Why can't joe gomez get TBH and bikey out of the team?! Why isn't he playing for england? What about archie edwards? He should be at left back instead of fox right now as well.
  • Options

In any line of business (or sport) there is a minimum level of competence but beyond that some people are better than others.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Just thought I'd look in on this thread this morning - and see how the Fox bashing is getting on

Wayne Rooney playing for England at 17. Why doesn't the Senior England team comprise only 17 year olds, then ? Ah ..... silly me, of course they already do. For the England U-18 team.

"A professional footballer letting the ball hit his leg, is like a fireman going out with a bucket of water and a super soaker". I get it, Fox is a rubbish Fireman .....WTF?

Keep 'em coming, lads.

they should be playing for the full england team, since wayne rooney could do it, why isn't morgan fox in the full england team?
  • Options
    Fox baiting and hunting .. it really is a cruel blood sport .. but does the fox give a 4X about your chickens ? .. (thought I'd add to the cryptic/metaphoric theme that's started around matters Foxy)
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Fox baiting and hunting .. it really is a cruel blood sport .. but does the fox give a 4X about your chickens ? .. (thought I'd add to the cryptic/metaphoric theme that's started around matters Foxy)

But the HUNT has been banned (except at Christmas it seems)....
  • Options
    This thread is for 2014 what every Lawrie Wilson thread was to 2013.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Sadly, the Hunt got the Fox on Saturday, as you suggest Len.

And now the hounds of Charlton Life are tearing the Fox to pieces.

• Options
    This thread is priceless.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

LenGlover said:

Sadly, the Hunt got the Fox on Saturday, as you suggest Len.

And now the hounds of Charlton Life are tearing the Fox to pieces.

Oh, Andy Hunt!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Just thought I'd look in on this thread this morning - and see how the Fox bashing is getting on

Wayne Rooney playing for England at 17. Why doesn't the Senior England team comprise only 17 year olds, then ? Ah ..... silly me, of course they already do. For the England U-18 team.

"A professional footballer letting the ball hit his leg, is like a fireman going out with a bucket of water and a super soaker". I get it, Fox is a rubbish Fireman .....WTF?

Keep 'em coming, lads.

they should be playing for the full england team, since wayne rooney could do it, why isn't morgan fox in the full england team?
    Dont you read the thread?

Morgan Fox is not in the full England team because he's a rubbish Fireman.

Or just maybe that he's already a regular for Wales U-21.

rubbish. Carl Jenkinson played for finland u21s, why can't he play for england as well???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What the fox say
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Keep 'em coming, lads.

rubbish. Carl Jenkinson played for finland u21s, why can't he play for england as well???
    Yeah but how many world boxing titles has he won? And can he put out a fire with a supersoaker? If not then I don't want him near our first team.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Keep 'em coming, lads.

Yeah but how many world boxing titles has he won? And can he put out a fire with a supersoaker? If not then I don't want him near our first team.
    i knew it, we should never have released wagstaff. Bloody diego poyet!
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Keep 'em coming, lads.

Rubbish Fireman, you should have said. I know that's what you mean.

I was just being flip, as our American cousins like to say.

All right, if we're being serious - yeah, I know there's apparently some clause that says you can be picked to play for another country if you haven't already played at senior competitive level.

There's a few examples around, but it's not generally the norm, is it?

• Options
    That picture should be on the dressing room wall at Sparrows Lane, Tom.

Don't let Jacko see it ....... haha.

• Options
    As a reserve in a lightweight squad I think Fox is adequate, unfortunately the loss of Wiggins exposes a weak link in our squad depth and the management deem that he is the best we have got.

I have little doubt that Fox is playing to the best of his ability, maybe he could improve a little with more games but more importantly with more confidence. Given that most here accept he is of limited ability, bit vary on his actual performances, it seems pointless castigating the player. If he were a player such as Poyet and we felt he was under performing then he would justifiably be castigated, but Fox is an honest pro who may just not be good enough and no amount of slagging off will help (if it were at him on the field then it would be negatives on him and the team). Blame the management, blame the youth set up, blame RD but lets give Fox a break, if he is going to improve it will not be because he s being slated on social media or from the stands.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

In any line of business (or sport) there is a minimum level of competence but beyond that some people are better than others.

Exactly my point, and if you do not meet that level of competence - you should not do that job
  • Options
    agim said:

I'm not 'anti fox' by the way

where do you stand on the badger issue? ;-)