Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KAG

Would have no problem playing this kid from the start. Looks a real talent.

Should have gone down instead of hurdling the tackle but that's youth being honest. I want to see more of him.

Comments

• Options
    I thought he played very well today. Wasn't impressed against Bournemouth though.
  • Options
    Really like him, confident, raw class, does not give up on a lost cause but still think he might be better off as an impact sub this season, lets not burn him out too early considering his age.
  • Options
    Has the same confidence harriot had when he broke into the 1st team
  • Options

And subsequently lost!
  • Options

This. Hopefully gets managed better by peeters.

Him and gudmunsson looked a class above our other players last night
  • Options
    Loved the way his movement stretched their defence. Would like to see him start against Sheffield W preferably with Vetokele (if fit).
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Just my point from post match thread. Ahearne-Grant for me was the high point. He came on and looked like Bambi on acid. If he had come on earlier and a few players around him had matched his enthusiasm, skills and energy, we may have got something from a Fulham team that actually looked to be running out of steam.

Players like this when teams are tiring is crucial and can be a game changer. As other have said, too much too soon / young can cause a player to burn out (especially if they get Charltonised) but this youngster looks quality. If he is brought into a confident team he may just be a real find. However if he is brought into a team that is on a slide, he may just lose the edginess in his game.
  • Options
    Reckon Peeters is blending him into the team well... No plan to play him 90mins unless absolutely neccesary (i.e. Bournemouth) and is slowly getting him used to this level by giving him cameos.

After seeing him last night I bet there are a few League One / Two teams who'd love to have him on loan and I bet they'd love to see us get a few Strikers in January ourselves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peeters made a mistake putting him wide and Bikey central just when he was terrorising their defence. Should have had a pen at 2-0.
  • Options

Really like him, confident, raw class, does not give up on a lost cause but still think he might be better off as an impact sub this season, lets not burn him out too early considering his age.

Agreed, but after just a couple of games, let's not start turning him into a superhero just yet!
  • Options
    I don't expect too much of him this season. Maybe next season when he's developed physically a bit more.
  • Options
    have you seen the size of him? hes a unit? Definitely looks big for 17, makes most other people look lightweight
  • Options
    I didn't go to the Bournemouth game - how did he fare there ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I didn't go to the Bournemouth game - how did he fare there ?

Not bad in the first half, not as good as his cameo on Friday but the second half he was clearly tired.
  • Options
    Gaining game time, but 6 months too early really.
    From little cameo's to a leading role.

Reminds me of a young Clinton morrison:
    Who scored 102 goals from 281 apps in his 2 spells at the club from surrey.

we would take that,
  • Options
    Addick90 said:

have you seen the size of him? hes a unit? Definitely looks big for 17, makes most other people look lightweight

Yes he's grown 2 or 3 inches in the last year, and when he's filled out he'll be a better player.

• Options
    For someone so young and enthusiastic, he seems scared to shoot, needs to let the chains go fully if he is going to play him and let him know to release the shot when he feels it
  • Options

For someone so young and enthusiastic, he seems scared to shoot, needs to let the chains go fully if he is going to play him and let him know to release the shot when he feels it

He's been Chaltonised already then...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep there was a hint of sponge in a couple of his efforts at bournemouth but I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say this kid will make it for us in the Championship at least
  • Options

Weren't his first touches on the ball in the area on Friday night... Involved a neat bit of footwork before getting a shot at goal (Which would have gone in bar a deflection out for another corner).

My sole niggle with him was that I felt at times he'd try to keep the ball for too long instead of passing as you cant win a game on your own... Am sure he'll learn though and am guessing it was partly fuelled by a desire to impress - Would be disappointed if he didnt start on Saturday in place of Moussa.
  • Options
    Looks a prospect but needs nurturing. If he gets forced to play too many games it will hinder his development not enhance it. Bob won't over expose him I'm sure but given our striking options, not getting in a loan in seems an example of the owner not understanding football enough to support his manager in what is looking increasingly to me like a squad crisis.
  • Options
    That's what I mean Fa he had plenty of opportunity to get his shot off but held it to long personally I think he was holding it to bring others into play as he didn't want a bollocking for shooting, when I'd rather he let rip and miss than hold it
  • Options

That's what I mean Fa he had plenty of opportunity to get his shot off but held it to long personally I think he was holding it to bring others into play as he didn't want a bollocking for shooting, when I'd rather he let rip and miss than hold it

Ahh see what you mean... Still looks like he's got the quick feet to cause mayhem in the penalty area.
  • Options

Looks a prospect but needs nurturing. If he gets forced to play too many games it will hinder his development not enhance it. Bob won't over expose him I'm sure but given our striking options, not getting in a loan in seems an example of the owner not understanding football enough to support his manager in what is looking increasingly to me like a squad crisis.

Crisis?
    Buyens back - rested!
    Gudmundsson back and on fire for 1/2 hour
    Vetokele rumoured to be back soon?
    Bulot out for a few weeks...
    That's it!

It's a lost opportunity if we can't win some of our forthcoming games. Not only do we need points but the higher we go the simpler it will be to acquire decent talent in January.

Let's face it who wants to come to a mid table cafc when there are plenty of clubs in the top ten who have real aspirations.

It's a dilemma arising from a really decent start to the season but I wouldn't call it a crisis. If we had landed those two targets on deadline day then we probably wouldn't be talking about Aherne-Grant?!
  • Options

Crisis?
    Buyens back - rested!
    Gudmundsson back and on fire for 1/2 hour
    Vetokele rumoured to be back soon?
    Bulot out for a few weeks...
    That's it!

It's a lost opportunity if we can't win some of our forthcoming games. Not only do we need points but the higher we go the simpler it will be to acquire decent talent in January.

Let's face it who wants to come to a mid table cafc when there are plenty of clubs in the top ten who have real aspirations.

It's a dilemma arising from a really decent start to the season but I wouldn't call it a crisis. If we had landed those two targets on deadline day then we probably wouldn't be talking about Aherne-Grant?!
    I

Thin squad that won't be able to compete as it stands to give us that top six shot come January and therefore the possibility of a couple of signings.

I think Bob would like some loans but must have been told nothing doing. I would still call the ability for Bob to call on only Tucudean and KAG as a strike pair is pretty close to being a crisis. To get those points we needs goals I don't see either of those two solving our problems.

• Options
    14 points is what we need - can we get nine in November? All five games are winnable especially if Vetokele (& Wiggins) back - any news?

Next Saturday becomes our biggest game for a long time - almost massive!

A win and we are back in the top six and on course to stay there until reinforcements arrive in January - I hear rumours of who we have looked at and it's definitely a step up.