Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parker-'I love everything about that club'

Comments

• Still hope he gets the "Danny Murphy" treatment tonight.

• Some decent comments from Parker.

On balance, his contribution to Charlton (years playing for the team & transfer fee) is positive, but it's hard for even the most fair minded of fans to overlook the manner & timing of his departure.
  • he'll get a clap from me.

I'd rather someone gave him THE clap.....
  • "They were a stepping stone" pretty much highlights how Scotty treated us when he left.

It could've been so different Scotty. I do remember him thanking the charlton fans after his move and said he owed us a lot... Obvious not that much!
  • Wow... Never thought I'd hear that from him, the moment he left us I always thought he was doing a Robert Lee / Paul Walsh who pretend their careers begin @ Newcastle and Liverpool.

Fair play to him, will still always boo him when he touches the ball but I lost my hatred for him when he became England Captain that time and won the PFA Player of the Year (As Parker states in the article, even he says it was us to started that for him)... You'd certainly never see Judas Defoe say something like that
  • He'll get booed every time he touches the ball and will score the winner against us. Nailed on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Woke this morning from a dream that we were playing Millwall in a country mansion estate somewhere and Parker and Robert Lee were on the opposition. Weird.

Couldn't give a toss about his close family, I give a toss about Charlton and he'll be getting pelters from myself and many others this evening.
  • edited October 2014
    boggzy said:

Woke this morning from a dream that we were playing Millwall in a country mansion estate somewhere and Parker and Robert Lee were on the opposition. Weird.

Couldn't give a toss about his close family, I give a toss about Charlton and he'll be getting pelters from myself and many others this evening.

Charming, on your heads be it.
  • There are 10 million reasons why it was good for our club that he left.
  • He was a prick for the timing of his departure, but I'd much prefer that than the way Poyet left us. £10m is a lot of money for a player, especially in 2004.
  • We could have got in Europe :(:(:(
  • Gutted when he left but his head was turned by money which had cost us and him better things, I think he knows that and knows his career could have been even better if he had stuck and not twist.

I never boo Parker, every game he gave everything for us and he knows what we did for him.

Will have a good game tonight no doubt.

Does he deserve the Murphy treatment? No, he was a different colour of raw.
  • errrrm.....move on?
  • A 22-year-old boy was offered the move of a lifetime and he wanted to make it happen. The fact that people are still angry over this and want to boo him his weird.

Fantastic professional who gets glowing reports as a man from everyone inside and outside the game. It was 2004, get over it.

Could not agree more with the above comment. Scotty P will get a clap from me tonight was gutted when he left but can see why he did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Forgiven at that Newcastle game at the Valley
  • It was the way he left and circumstances surrounding it that will leave a bitter taste in my mouth. He refused to play for the club again until he got his move. One of the best youngster's to come through our academy system but I will remember him for all the wrong reasons. The last 4 months of his time at Charlton he was up there with the best midfielders in the country/premier league and that is saying something when you had players in there prime such as Scholes, Gerrard, Vieira, Lampard etc
  • he was so damn good. Parker and Jensen. oh my
  • No problem with him, some players ie Bob Curtis stayed too long and never achieved there true potential, at the end of the day we all have to look out for ourselves the same applies to all players.
  • Hinton said:

No problem with him, some players ie Bob Curtis stayed too long and never achieved there true potential, at the end of the day we all have to look out for ourselves the same applies to all players.

spot on.
  • Yeah I'm not booing him later, I know the move on earlier in the thread was a joke but it's not wrong. I would have done the same thing for that much money and he has proven to be about as classy a professional as you can be since.
  • Comparing him and Murphy is nonsense. The timing and manner in which he left will always leave a bit of a sore taste in the mouth but he was a very good servant to the club over the previous few years
  • A 22-year-old boy was offered the move of a lifetime and he wanted to make it happen. The fact that people are still angry over this and want to boo him his weird.

Fantastic professional who gets glowing reports as a man from everyone inside and outside the game. It was 2004, get over it.

Could not agree more with the above comment. Scotty P will get a clap from me tonight was gutted when he left but can see why he did.

Well said. Spot on