Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Kane

Comments

• Seen that Spurs are on the TV tonight against Swansea and then again on Thursday against West Ham

I know people wont care about these two but in terms of scheduling what are they doing!! - Fair enough they couldnt have the West Ham v West Brom game yesterday as the latter played on Sunday against Arsenal yet surely they could have put Swansea v Spurs on the TV yesterday with Everton / Man Utd or Brighton / Bournemouth playing this evening!!
  • Perfect time for me to triple captain him for my fantasy team. FFS

Me too!

He's on the bench tonight

Yep. Hence my reaction!

Yep. Hence my reaction!
    Yup... Am officially a little slow tonight!!
  • Seen that Spurs are on the TV tonight against Swansea and then again on Thursday against West Ham

I know people wont care about these two but in terms of scheduling what are they doing!! - Fair enough they couldnt have the West Ham v West Brom game yesterday as the latter played on Sunday against Arsenal yet surely they could have put Swansea v Spurs on the TV yesterday with Everton / Man Utd or Brighton / Bournemouth playing this evening!!

Apparently the game was due to be on Sunday, but the police wouldn’t sanction Wembley to be used on New Years Eve, hence why they moved it.
  • Ross said:

Seen that Spurs are on the TV tonight against Swansea and then again on Thursday against West Ham

Apparently the game was due to be on Sunday, but the police wouldn’t sanction Wembley to be used on New Years Eve, hence why they moved it.
    But it's at Swansea?
  • Riviera said:

Ross said:

Seen that Spurs are on the TV tonight against Swansea and then again on Thursday against West Ham

But it's at Swansea?
    Sorry. The West Ham game. So they moved that to Thursday.
  • He's on now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have a look at that for an assist

Me too!
    Laddick01 said:

Have a look at that for an assist

But they haven't even given him the assist on Fantasy Football - presumably because Alli scored at the second attempt. Daylight robbery that!

Me too!
    Laddick01 said:

But they haven't even given him the assist on Fantasy Football - presumably because Alli scored at the second attempt. Daylight robbery that!
    So does Alli get the assist as well as the goal?

Me too!
    Laddick01 said:

Yes, I'm annoyed at that...but not as annoyed as the people who played their triple captain chip :smile:
  • Riviera said:

Perfect time for me to triple captain him for my fantasy team. FFS

Me too!
    Laddick01 said:

No - in the same way as penalty scorers don't get assists when they are fouled for the penalty even though they would if they weren't the taker.
  • Riviera said:

Perfect time for me to triple captain him for my fantasy team. FFS

Me too!
    Laddick01 said:

No - in the same way as penalty scorers don't get assists when they are fouled for the penalty even though they would if they weren't the taker.
    Or in the same way you're not allowed to "like" your own posts on here....
  • edited January 2018

My friends are long time Spurs season ticket holders and they both say he is world class and they're not the sort to get carried away. It's also his work ethic that impresses. Would love to see him go abroad and be a success
  • Id honestly love to see him stay in England and break Alan Shearer's and Jimmy Greaves' records (If he can with the latter)
  • Stay in England all day long why would I want to see him go a uber rich club like Barca or PSG where v little competitiveness in leagues.
  • eldavide said:

dizzee said:

dizzee said:

So play this little game, take the premiership and match up against another league team versus team in the same league position. Total up the wins for each league. I'm fairly confident the premiership will come out on top.

There may be a couple of teams in Spain, maybe even Germany and Italy, but I'd fancy our bottom half to trounce the bottom halves of those leagues.

Kane may not be playing in "the best league in the world", but on average he will face more difficult opposition every week than he would in any other league.

You really think Brighton, Huddersfield, Everton, West Brom, Swansea are any better than the lower spanish teams? I don’t think so. Atalanta spanked Everton 5-1. The first decent team in the prem in a long long time is Man City and they’ve won the league in December. When Leicester won the league a couple years ago they would never have won the spanish, Herman or Italian league. It’s ridiculously overrated and sky have got to all of your heads. They purposely hype the premier league in every single sentence they say on that show to ensure they’re lining their pockets nicely.
    Then play the game I suggested. If you match the EPL against Serie A, I can't see anything less than at 13-7 win for the EPL possible more (assuming all games have to have a winner). Would be a similar stories against the Bundesliga, probably a bit closer against La Liga.

Regarding your Everton example, do you think it would be 5-1 if they played now? And Atalanta are 2 places above Everton, so in the match up it would be an improved Everton vs Udinese.
    Serie A is very strong this year and apart from Man City no other English team would win it. I genuinely believe that if you played that game then Serie A would win team for team.
    Really? Every team? Even Benevento? Hellas? SPAL? Crotone?
    I think you misunderstood.
  • Sponsored links:

• I swear on my daughter's life... what a bell end!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43693418

That’s what winning golden boot does for you, he desperate to claim everything.
  • edited April 2018

I swear on my daughter's life... what a bell end!

Not sure how a striker claiming a goal makes him a bell end.
    It does in my book as I'm on Salah for top scorer for £250!

I don't get why he wants to take a goal away from a teammate tbh. At best, he got some accidental contact on the ball which in no way affected whether it went in or not. Would he stick his hand up and take the responsibility for an own goal in the same way..?

Not sure how a striker claiming a goal makes him a bell end.
    It’s the “I swear on my daughters life” that makes him a bell end (imho obviously)

hardly... As a striker i would expect them to claim everything and by the sounds of it he is that sure he got a touch doesn't make him a bellend in my eyes.
  • I hope they leave it with Eriksen. I've got Fantasy leagues riding on it!

hardly... As a striker i would expect them to claim everything and by the sounds of it he is that sure he got a touch doesn't make him a bellend in my eyes.
    I'm not sure I fully buy into this thing about it being ok for strikers to claim everything. Has anyone asked Erikson if he's ok with this btw? Maybe he's on a goal related contract and stands to lose out financially? If it were me I tell him to go out and score his own goals!
  • Having seen the two of them interviewed directly after the match I think there is an element of friendly banter over all this.