Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Kane

Comments

• Are Spurs and England in danger of "flogging a dead horse"?

In the 15 months, since the start of last season Kane has played 74 games - by comparison, Messi has, admittedly, in that time, played just one less with Ronaldo (65) and Salah (69).

It is well known that Kane has had to play for both club and country carrying injuries in that time. But, the other biggest factor affecting Kane will be the lack of a meaningful break between the WC and start of this season - 27 days and he probably would have had to have started training some 10 days before his first match. Messi and Ronaldo both had gaps of 42 days with Salah enjoying a 46 day gap.

This is not a sympathy vote for an extremely well paid athlete. However, it is clear that Spurs aren't prepared to rest him all the time they have no viable replacement and playing without time to recuperate and through injury is not the way for Kane to maintain his form for either club or country.
  • And we care, why?
  • JWADDICK said:

And we care, why?

If not for Spurs perhaps for England?
  • TBH unless he signs for us I don't care if he breaks down and never plays again either for Spurs or England. Both are equally important in my eyes.
  • JWADDICK said:

TBH unless he signs for us I don't care if he breaks down and never plays again either for Spurs or England. Both are equally important in my eyes.

wow someone got out the wrong side of the bed.

I feel its a good point made, i was surprised he hasn't been firing yet this season but forget he didnt really have much of a break and gets played when injured. Shame i wouldn't want him to get anything serious as he used to suffer a bit and would be a huge loss for England.
  • JWADDICK said:

TBH unless he signs for us I don't care if he breaks down and never plays again either for Spurs or England. Both are equally important in my eyes.

That's fair enough because it's obvious that you are either not interested in international football or, if you are, you support another country.

Don't quite understand the "we" in "care" though because I'm sure that there any number of England supporters on CL who would have cared had Kane missed the WC through injury. Unless you're royalty, of course, in which case I apologise "your Highness".
  • Apology accepted peasant:)
  • He's in a situation where neither club or country have a decent back up for him. So even in the lesser games they can't rest him as there simply isn't anyone who plays the same position without suffering a dramatic drop in talent.

Probably the only position where that's the case too, certainly to the level of Kane vs a replacement, which highlights the problem even more.
  • Still has 7 goals in 12 games for Spurs, it's hardly affecting his form that much.

I can see this being his last season for Spurs though.
  • I'm not convinced he's fully fit or was fully fit after the group stages of the World Cup. I do rate him but also think he's massively overrated at the same time. I'd still rather have Aguero.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not convinced he's fully fit or was fully fit after the group stages of the World Cup. I do rate him but also think he's massively overrated at the same time. I'd still rather have Lyle Taylor

FYP :smiley:
  • I'm not convinced he's fully fit or was fully fit after the group stages of the World Cup. I do rate him but also think he's massively overrated at the same time. I'd still rather have Aguero.

How is he massively overrated? Scored something like 140 goals in 4 and a bit seasons and top scorer at the world cup.
  • Still has 7 goals in 12 games for Spurs, it's hardly affecting his form that much.

I can see this being his last season for Spurs though.

If he wants to be seen as the best ST in the world he has to get a move to Real. Reckon they’ll try for him in the summer seeing as Lewandowski appears to be off their radar now.

How is he massively overrated? Scored something like 140 goals in 4 and a bit seasons and top scorer at the world cup.
    Just don't think his all round game is as good as other forwards.
  • Will be/is already better than Shearer? Discuss.
    Two years since I posed this question so a good time to re-visit it 

Shearer scored 283 in 559 club games, Kane has 144 in 242 

Shearer scored 30 in 63 games for England, Kane has 28 in 43  

Shearer turned down the opportunity to join Man Utd. The time may be right for Kane to do so now given that Spurs, under Levy, are not going to strengthen sufficiently to challenge the big two whereas United do have the capability to do so 
  • Will be/is already better than Shearer? Discuss.
    Two years since I posed this question so a good time to re-visit it 

Shearer scored 283 in 559 club games, Kane has 144 in 242 

Shearer scored 30 in 63 games for England, Kane has 28 in 43  

Shearer turned down the opportunity to join Man Utd. The time may be right for Kane to do so now given that Spurs, under Levy, are not going to strengthen sufficiently to challenge the big two whereas United do have the capability to do so 
    I don’t agree. United are going nowhere, they are so far behind City and Liverpool. Kane needs to leave to win trophies but going to United wouldn’t provide that in my opinion. Would be better going City as a Aguero replacement. 
  • Sadly, I reluctantly admit that this is likely to be his last season at Spurs.  He deserves to win trophies and he wont be doing that at Spurs anytime soon under Levy.

• I'm convinced he'll move this summer.  No idea where to though 
  • Sponsored links:

• His face will fit in anywhere...
  • How many clubs could realistically afford him? 
  • Real Madrid already said no

not sure how he’ll get on overseas tbh - he’s a very English player...I think City might look for a replacement for Aguero though I think Man U will spend big too

probably one of those two if anyone but it will take a LOT of money
  • Still don’t think he’s all that! Think Shearer, Henry etc not that class 
  • I cannot for the life of me fathom why anyone in his position would go to United. What a waste that would be.
  • JaShea99 said:
    I cannot for the life of me fathom why anyone in his position would go to United. What a waste that would be.
    Money? 
  • Still don’t think he’s all that! Think Shearer, Henry etc not that class 
    Not Henry, he was a class above both. Think Kane is excellent though and would be a great signing for any of the big English clubs.
  • edited April 2020
    Still don’t think he’s all that! Think Shearer, Henry etc not that class 
    Thats a joke right

He is 26 years old and has
    136 goals in 198 games for Spurs
    32 goals in 45 games for England

Thierry Henry finished with
    175 goals in 258 games for Arsenal
    51 goals in 123 games for France

Alan Shearer managed 
    112 goals in 138 games for Blackburn
    148 goals in 303 games for Newcastle 
    30 goals in 63 games for England 

Come the end of his career if he carries on the way he is going he could be one of the best strikers in english football ever
  • Swisdom said:
    Harry Kane is greater than the sum of his parts.
    hes not quick, not great in the air, doesn’t have a trick. But he scores all sorts of goals and shit loads of them and they is something lacking in Manchester - both sides of it really

he is English, special, not a nobhead and therefore worth millions.
    i loved Shearer, adored Henry but Kane deserves to be spoken about in the same breaths. His record speaks for itself
    Exactly by no means was I saying Kane is better than Shearer or Henry, which is why I finished my post by saying Kane will finish his career as one of the best in english football

But he is definitely on the same level as those 2 and unfair to say he is not in their class when you look at his record and his age