Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane

Comments

• Options
    just googled ronaldo and..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44717014

I can definitely see real madrid splashing out if ronaldo goes.
  • Options
    Real looking to bring in Mbappe, would be a class signing for them.
  • Options
    If they sell Ronaldo they can finally pay us the £25m they still owe us for Gareth Bale which has been outstanding for a while now.
    All the rumours are they are after Mbappe anyway.
  • Options
    Imagine if in 3-4 years time Madrid's front 3 is Neymar, Kane and Mbappe.
  • Options

£88 million for a 33 year old is ridiculous

He's not a normal 33 year old though, the blokes in such peak condition i reckon he's got another 4 years top performance in him.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

£88 million for a 33 year old is ridiculous

How much money can a club make from friendlies/sponsorship/prize money because they have Ronaldo in the he team? Even newly promoted premier league teams would probably pay that much for him to guarantee a couple more years happily sucking on the sky teat.
  • Options
    Juve are cash rich, have been collecting huge amounts of Champions League cash in recent years, and are desperate to win it. Worth the expense for a bloke who is at the top of his game still, and getting better in his new position
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Don't Italian clubs market their TV rights individually? The subscriptions/ppv's Juventus would sell because of the Ronaldo signing would be astronomical.
  • Options
    Strong rumours that Juve will sell Higuain for around 60m to help fund the Ronaldo move.

As mentioned above, Juve aren't exactly strapped for cash although they have already spent 80m this summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kane is doing ok - which is the pinnacle of achievement for ex Millwall.
  • Options
    There doesn't seem to be as much interest in Real Madrid signing Kane now as there was before the World Cup, surprisingly despite almost certainly winning the Golden Boot. His performance (probably injured) in the games since the group stage have been quite criticised here and there doesn't seem as much appetite for him to come to Real Madrid now, so good news for Spurs fans.
  • Options
    Probably because I don’t think they were ever actually in for him, but it was a case of people just assuming they would be considering how they tend to operate when it comes to World Cup stars.
  • Options
    I am talking about interest from Real Madrid fans - they seem to have really cooled on him and are now more interested in Mbappe and Hazard as their traditional post World Cup star signing.
  • Options
    Kane was injured round about Easter time .. I am guessing that he came back a few weeks too soon, probably to ensure a Euro spot for Spurs and a decisive WC spot for England ..
    sometime players are too brave/foolhardy for their own good, or club officials are too keen to get stars back on the pitch when they are not physically ready ..
    Kane never looked fit after the Panama game .. I hope he suffers no long term Ill effects, gets some expert treatment and gets a good pre season rest (slim hopes of that)
  • Options

World Cup Golden Boot winner, fantastic achievement

I’d have stayed out there for the ceremony if it was me.
  • Options

World Cup Golden Boot winner, fantastic achievement

I’d have stayed out there for the ceremony if it was me.
    If Mbappe had got a hat-trick it would have been pretty miserable!
  • Options
    Spurs players are going to be knackered next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    cafctom said:

I reckon they will choke next season.
    Much like they do every season.
    I, for one, hope they don’t.

Actually - I would love to see the likes of Kane, Alli, Rose, Trippier, Winks etc have a couple of great seasons for the benefit of our national team. Of the elite Premier League sides, they are the one putting their faith in English talent and we should be rooting for them for that very reason.
    I guess that's something to do with Pochettino who seems to like giving the young or homegrown players opportunities to develop. IIRC during his time at Southampton, Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana and Ricky Lambert all received call-ups to the England squad. Now similar things are happening at Spurs.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Actually - I would love to see the likes of Kane, Alli, Rose, Trippier, Winks etc have a couple of great seasons for the benefit of our national team. Of the elite Premier League sides, they are the one putting their faith in English talent and we should be rooting for them for that very reason.
    Wash your mouth out with soap , I’d like Spurs to get relegated .
    Obviously without this affecting the England boys form for their country with them all moving off to other clubs maybe another London club on the way up with new Australian owners .
    Spurs are the last team (who could realistically win it ) i’d like to see win the Prem / Champions League .
    You can’t know too many Spurs fans , the thought of them crowing on about winning anything is too painful , I mean the year ends in one waffle is bad enough .
    Fuck Spurs , Come on England !
  • Options
    Struggled last couple of games so think he was not fully fit. He’s a good finisher but to be honest he is not the quickest or technically talented for the likes of Real Madrid
  • Options
    Not bad considering he missed every chance he had, and spent the last few games trotting around the pitch like a haggard beach donkey.

cafctom said:

Wash your mouth out with soap , I’d like Spurs to get relegated .
    Obviously without this affecting the England boys form for their country with them all moving off to other clubs maybe another London club on the way up with new Australian owners .
    Spurs are the last team (who could realistically win it ) i’d like to see win the Prem / Champions League .
    You can’t know too many Spurs fans , the thought of them crowing on about winning anything is too painful , I mean the year ends in one waffle is bad enough .
    Fuck Spurs , Come on England !
    This 1,000,0000000%. Had the displeasure of watching the Croatia game with a Spurs fan. He would pipe up every time someone around him would say something about a Spurs player on the pitch. Even if he didn't know the person talking.

"Come on Kane, should've done better there."
    "Nah mate, was down by his shoulder, can't head it."

(Croatia player goes past Alli and Tripper)
    "Come on that's too easy!"
    "Nah mate, that's good skill."

Did my nut in. As their fans often do.
  • Options

Kane was injured round about Easter time .. I am guessing that he came back a few weeks too soon, probably to ensure a Euro spot for Spurs and a decisive WC spot for England ..
    sometime players are too brave/foolhardy for their own good, or club officials are too keen to get stars back on the pitch when they are not physically ready ..
    Kane never looked fit after the Panama game .. I hope he suffers no long term Ill effects, gets some expert treatment and gets a good pre season rest (slim hopes of that)

Yeah agree with that, although i think it was the Colombia game that did him. He was everywhere in that game but i wouldn't be surprised to hear that he got a knock in that game that Southgate wanted to keep quiet, as he was almost anonymous in the 3 games after it.

Spurs players definitely need a long rest, they could struggle early season as i don't see how they'll be fit when the premier league starts in less than a month. Also seen they have friendlies against Roma And Barcelona in 10 and 13 days time, can't imagine they'll have many players left for that.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Struggled last couple of games so think he was not fully fit. He’s a good finisher but to be honest he is not the quickest or technically talented for the likes of Real Madrid

Agreed - he looked off the pace to me since the Colombia game, where I thought he was excellent for 70 mins and then faded badly.

I thought that he must be injured, but if he was then surely he wouldn't have played against Belgium in a meaningless game?

The thing with Madrid is that without Ronaldo, they are going to have to find another fifty goals a season from somewhere, and for all of his shortfalls, you would back Kane to get you closer to that, than a combination of Hazard and Mbappe.

Hazard is top quality, but doesn't really get into the box without the ball, and Mbappe has bundles of pace and tricks, but again how often does he get in the six yard box?

• Options
    Didn’t Mbappe score 13 last season? (for all I know, he could have been injured)
  • Options

Didn’t Mbappe score 13 last season? (for all I know, he could have been injured)

13 in the league, 21 in all comps but............he plays wider and i guess it's harder to score when you've got Cavani in the team and Neymar crying if he doesn't get to take all the free kicks and penalties.

21 goals at 19 years of age is not exactly bad. When he's 23-24 and the focal point of the attack he could easily be getting 40 goals.