Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An Unexpected Visitor

Not sure if this deserves space on here but wanted to share. I was at work in my Sainsbury's store, scanning items for a customer and guess who walked by? None other than Sir Chris Powell! I made a complete fool of myself. I shouted "Super Chrissy!" Super Chrissy? Really? He chuckled as he scanned his goods at the self checkout as I continued to blabber like an idiot about how much of a fan I am. When he left he must have looked at my badge because he took the time to stop and say "Take care, Eugene (my name)" before heading off. Still kicking myself that I didn't go Ohhhhhhhhh to see if he would do the tunnel jump as he left the store.

Comments

• Options
    One of my middle names is Eugene. I've never admitted that in public before.
  • Options

And the others?
  • Options

And the others?

Just the one, plain old Edward.
  • Options
    What did he buy ?
  • Options

What did he buy ?

Was just wondering that. No idea as I was too busy focussing on the customer that I was serving.
  • Options
    Get a life
  • Options

I honestly didn't think anyone was called Eugene. Except for that Princess bird of course.

And the mullet bloke out of the Walking Dead.

• Options
    edited October 2014

Not sure if this deserves space on here but wanted to share. I was at work in my Sainsbury's store, scanning items for a customer and guess who walked by? None other than Sir Chris Powell! I made a complete fool of myself. I shouted "Super Chrissy!" Super Chrissy? Really? He chuckled as he scanned his goods at the self checkout as I continued to blabber like an idiot about how much of a fan I am. When he left he must have looked at my badge because he took the time to stop and say "Take care, Eugene (my name)" before heading off. Still kicking myself that I didn't go Ohhhhhhhhh to see if he would do the tunnel jump as he left the store.

I did similar. A couple of years ago, I was walking down Sidcup High Street and Powell is coming towards me.

I let out a rather loud, involuntary "Chrissy Powell" shout. The wife thought I was raving. Powell probably did as well.
    Although he did laugh & smile. He remembered it as well, because I asked him about 6 months ago & he described the incident & where we were.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put Powell in the subject header I am sure that Greenie and Scabbyhorse amongst others will be delighted in your experience SW
  • Options

What did he buy ?

Tottenham shirt.
  • Options

Are the others Quentin Farguahar?
  • Options
    Oh Chris Powell....he works in huddersfield but still time for us all where every once in a while he enters what is most likely a local Sainsburys.

For me it only enhances his Charlton legend status....
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options

What did he buy ?

He used the self service so probably didn't want Eugene to know SO I'm guessing 14 bottles of strawberry flavoured lube and an assortment of large vegetables.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's funny how no one seems to slag RD basket or choice of food off anymore
  • Options
    Nah Stig, Huddersfield have already bought him one of those
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

It's funny how no one seems to slag RD basket or choice of food off anymore

Get a life. : - )
  • Options
    edited October 2014

MrOneLung said:

What did he buy ?

Nothing, Roland just threw some sub standard stuff into his basket and asked him to make something good with it.

But he couldn't so left, somebody else walked in and picked the basket up though and managed something half decent with the same ingredients :)

He didn't leave of his own free will - Lord Sainsbury himself told him to jog on.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

What did he buy ?

Nothing, Roland just threw some sub standard stuff into his basket and asked him to make something good with it.

But he couldn't so left, somebody else walked in and picked the basket up though and managed something half decent with the same ingredients :)

But the second guy has been told he can shop at Waitrose instead. :-)
  • Options

I honestly didn't think anyone was called Eugene. Except for that Princess bird of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDwD8GDvrBE
  • Options
    My missus for her sins was shopping at Asda in Beddington Lane, not far from Addick in SW16, when who should walk past her but Mr Christopher Powell, who was still playing for us at the time. This is what she told me she said to him, 'Hey, how are you doing? I haven't seen you since Dunraven School. You used to go out with my friend Jane. Do you remember Alan? I'm still in contact with him.' He assured her politely that she must be mistaken, as he didn't go to Dunraven School, to which she replied, 'OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! YOU PLAY FOR CHARLTON! MY HUSBAND'S A CHARLTON FAN!

He laughed and said to say hello to me. The thing that always struck me as odd though, was that I, and most of the male population of the country, was at home watching an England Euro qualifier. I've always imagined his missus saying, 'Listen, mate, I don't see you from one Saturday to the next. I don't care if England are on the telly, you bloody well do the shopping!