Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tucudean interview after Bolton game

Comments

• Really like how George comes across in interviews. Always on about winning, working hard and praising the fans. Considering he's another bod sent over from Standard you would expect him to possibly have less of a connection with the club but he seems like he really wants to be a part of it. Good lad
  • Stay at home and watch us on telly?? Its not just the rules he doesnt understand! Fair play to him though.. great goal!
  • Looking at the goal celebration last night, and generally, it is very noticeable to me the spirit of unity that exists within the squad, and indeed with the management. We keep talking about not always playing well, but being hard to beat. There is obviously a connection, a big well done to all concerned.
  • Aww bless him well he didn't know that rule!!
  • Never heard a footballer say if he was a fan he would stay at home and watch tv.What programme ?as he wouldnt be watching charlton as we are hardly ever on.
  • Really like how George comes across in interviews. Always on about winning, working hard and praising the fans. Considering he's another bod sent over from Standard you would expect him to possibly have less of a connection with the club but he seems like he really wants to be a part of it. Good lad

I agree, but I think a lot of credit has to go to Big Bob too. Given the club as a whole is transitioning to a new way of operating it is very important that the players don't get sucked into the big picture stuff - focus on the game, play as a team, get the results. Many posters praised CP's getting a squad of decent if not spectacular players to achieve more than the sum of their parts (and quite rightly) and Bobby P seems to be following that grand tradition. Given his relative newness to the English league makes it only more impressive frankly.
  • “I wanted to share it with the fans because they are coming out in this weather, and if I was a supporter I would stay at home at watch TV. "

Blimey, he's gonna enjoy December to February!