Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham vs Charlton Ath. | Fri 24th Oct 2014 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Fulham v Charlton Athletic
7:45pm Kick-Off
Referee… TBC

INTRODUCTION
For the first time since September 2013 the Addicks find themselves returning to the big screen in league action as they make the short hop across London for yet another London Derby of ours to be screened by Sky Sports where they face the second of the relegated teams from last season Fulham.

Teaser Question… Which team is the odd one out… Crystal Palace, Millwall or Notts County… In fact none of them are really the odd ones out… Crystal Palace and Notts County were out last two fixtures to be screened on a Friday night, whilst Crystal Palace and Millwall were (like Fulham this Friday) London Derbies, the results, we lost them all 1-0…. Time to stop the rot!!

THE OPPOSITION
Relegated from the Premier League last season after a 13 year stay, Fulham have struggled to adapt to life in the Championship as they currently sit in the final relegation spot (courtesy of Goal Difference)… Felix Magath the Manager has been replaced and in his spot sits Caretaker-Manager: Kit Symons.

Eight games have passed since Symons was put in charge and a slight revival has taken place at Craven Cottage, after losing his first two games (only one of those at home against Blackburn Rovers), Fulham have won the rest par two… a 2-0 defeat away at Middlesbrough and a 3-3 draw last night at Rotherham United which saw the hosts lead three times only to be constantly pegged back.

They might be in danger but Fulham should not be underestimated there is a team there gathering pace.

ONE TO WATCH – PATRICK ROBERTS

Of course you could say that ex-Charlton Midfielder: Scott Parker is the one most Addicks fans will be watching this Weekend, yet this season I’ve concentrated on the youth players in a team and today is no different.

Like many fans this summer there was huge disappointment for England fans as we once again crashed out of the World Cup yet in the U17 European Championships there was history being made as a young England team (which involved our own Joe Gomez) took the crown.

Also involved in that competition was a Midfielder by the name of Patrick Roberts, named in the team of the tournament, Roberts really caught my eye and for me is going to be a star of the future… Making his debut for Fulham in the Premier League last season he’s gone on to appear on nine occasions for the first team this year.

Although on the bench last night against Rotherham he again could be kept in reserve against the Addicks and as a 17-year old could be a little too soon for him to completely stand out, but given time… he could be

LINE-UP
Following the 2-1 win against Bolton last night it’ll be interesting to see if Bob Peeters changes the squad too much, Chris Solly should return to the starting eleven following his standard midweek rest, whilst Yoni Buyens will be suspended for one match following his fifth yellow card of the season.

Henderson
Solly – Ben-Haim – Bikey – Wiggins
Wilson – Cousins – Jackson – Bulot
Tucudean – Moussa

Substitutes Bench: Pope – Morrison – Fox – Munns – Harriott – Ansah – Ahearne-Grant

PREDICTION
Charlton to break the Sky jinx and carry three points back to the Valley… 1-0 (Moussa)

Comments

• Surely you mean Jackson for Buyens?
  • we have to win 2-0 at some point - my will hill account is taking a hiding with all these 50p bets!
  • Pedro45 said:

Surely you mean Jackson for Buyens?

Dont know what you mean ;)

Gargh... too used to reading that people think it should Cousins and Buyens in the middle :P
  • 7-7
    Bore draw.
  • 0-0

Its on SKY so we definitely wont win.
  • Is this the first time Parker has played against us?

I think the record for one team's possession stats will be broken in this game as without JBG,Buyens or Vet we really have nobody who can hold the ball. Charlton 9% and Fulham 91%, but we may still get a point.
  • edited October 2014
    Southbank said:

Is this the first time Parker has played against us?

Played and scored against us when we beat Newcastle 3-1 in our final Premier League season

Kinda respected him that day as it was a class goal and despite the stick we'd been giving him, he just ignored us and sprinted down the other end to celebrate with the Newcastle fans (As scored at the Covered End)
  • Loved watching Parker play, whoever for. Even though it was shit he left I always saw him as a CAFC player.

Hes a shadow of himself these days though.
  • Ugh, thanks for reminding me of that Notts County game. BWP missed penalty and a goal off Lee Hughes' arse wasn't it?

We tend to be a bit crap on Sky but I'm interested to see how we do without Yoni. Most teams seem to set out to pressure him when he picks up the ball deep, but I imagine Cousins will be providing more steel and hard running and less passing from deep so we may be able to confuse their game plan and strike early. If we have Johann and Vetokele back we'll have to go hard and fast at their backline and really get the shots in as they've found some scoring form. I'm still confident we can get in front and frustrate them though. 2-1 win.
  • Agree with your team F--A--, not really a lot of choice, if we score first 0-1 or 1-1, if they score first, who knows? If we play like we did in the first half against Bolton, we will not lose, second half oh dear. BP moaned his players played too deep second half, it is down to you BP
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2014
    Well I have just decided to definitely go on Friday so am bound to put a kibosh on proceedings. My mate will want to be in the home end, so tips on looking like a Fulham supporter?

Ditch the chimney sweep Sarf London outfit...
    Top hat, tails?
    Assume the look of someone who owns a Bentley and a 2 bed up and down now worth a ridiculously stupid amount of money...

or the "i'd rather be at the rugby" Barbour look?

1-1 I reckon
  • 3-1 win for the Addicks, no idea why i think this, i just do.

Goals for us coming from Tucudean, Wilson & Ahearne-Grant.

We can get back to winning ways on Sky as i remember us winning on TV a few times during the League 1 years, so it can happen.
  • Teaser Question… Which team is the odd one out… Crystal Palace, Millwall or Notts County… In fact none of them are really the odd ones out… Crystal Palace and Notts County were out last two fixtures to be screened on a Friday night, whilst Crystal Palace and Millwall were (like Fulham this Friday) London Derbies, the results, we lost them all 1-0…. Time to stop the rot!!

could add Orient to that, lost 1-0, although it was new years eve
  • Teaser Question… Which team is the odd one out… Crystal Palace, Millwall or Notts County… In fact none of them are really the odd ones out… Crystal Palace and Notts County were out last two fixtures to be screened on a Friday night, whilst Crystal Palace and Millwall were (like Fulham this Friday) London Derbies, the results, we lost them all 1-0…. Time to stop the rot!!

could add Orient to that, lost 1-0, although it was new years eve

Yup that you could actually... Was mainly trying to go for London Derbies or Friday Night matches so long as they finished 1-0 when I thought of that so the fact Orient was on New Years Eve wouldnt matter
  • IS Vetokele definitely out?
  • 0-2 to BP's Red and too much White Army.
  • Can't see past a 5-0 defeat. I mean it's Fulham after all. They are premiership aren't they?
  • Starting at 3pm for this. I suspect I will be too pissed to care by 7.45.

1-1
  • Fulham are bang in form and getting better .. unfortunately .. a loss for us

Fulham 2 v CAFC 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Dansk_Red said:

0-2 to BP's Red and too much White Army.

Or will that be BP's black army
  • BP's Exotic Solero army
  • ross1 said:

Dansk_Red said:

just so long as we neither look nor play like a bunch of lemons
  • Hopefully one or both of berg or vetokele back, 1-1
  • Super George fires us to another win.
  • ross1 said:

Dansk_Red said:

could be BP's tequila sunrise army
  • 0-3 Cousins, The Tuc and Beeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssttttttttttttt
  • A lot of optimism here so far so let's change the mood with a prediction of a 0-2 defeat.

Fulham improving, CAFC struggling with injuries and apparently not playing particularly well, plus a live Sky game that I won't watch partly due to the time but mainly due to the fact I won't have any access, not even internet!
  • 1-1 Cousins