Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Full Time Music

edited October 2014 in General Charlton
What was all that about - I want to hear our lot singing and the drummer at the end, not some winkle playing that noise, we're not norverners ya knas. ;o)

I know that the music bloke posts on here, so kindly pack it in mate.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations by Cliff Richard. Worked in the 80's after a home win at the Valley. Bring it back
  • Options
    I'm more concerned about the music at the start of the 2nd half..............the bartender & the thief !!! was is that all about
  • Options

I'm more concerned about the music at the start of the 2nd half..............the bartender & the thief !!! was is that all about

That's the background music to be played on the Belgian equivalent of Crimewatch after Monday's armed robbery in liege.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

What was all that about - I want to hear our lot singing and the drummer at the end, not some winkle playing that noise, we're not norverners ya knas. ;o)

Cheers

They've been doing it for years now. I know we don't win very often but surely you've heard it before?
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I'm more concerned about that song in the upper north today, could not quite understand the first 2 lines
    it sounded like we was singing about Adebayor

the CAFC, Red and White Army I understood it was just the first part
  • Options

Greenie said:

Cheers

They've been doing it for years now. I know we don't win very often but surely you've heard it before?
    Yes I know Callum.
    They don't play it every time and it shouldn't be played at all,.surely.
  • Options
    Leonard Cohen is far to cheerful.
    How about Gloomy Sunday - Billie Holiday ?
  • Options
    Is it 'The Liquidator' .. Harry J All Stars? .. I was listening on talksport .. sounded like it to me
  • Options

Is it 'The Liquidator' .. Harry J All Stars? .. I was listening on talksport .. sounded like it to me

Christ maybe a big hint to the fans, part of ground closed, Roland over here oh my God we are going bust let's panic :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, what was the tune in question?
  • Options
    Dunno what its called, but it goes...de der der der, de der der der, der de der der, de der der der etc
    Its all a bit Blackpool/Bolton/ Wigan TBH, it shouldn't annoy me but it does.
  • Options
    It's always going to be difficult (if not impossible) trying to figure out a music selection that suits 20,000 (or should that be 10,000) fans from a very broad demographic. I like that the club keep experimenting until they get it right - as long as we never have music after a goal !
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    se9addick said:

It's always going to be difficult (if not impossible) trying to figure out a music selection that suits 20,000 (or should that be 10,000) fans from a very broad demographic. I like that the club keep experimenting until they get it right - as long as we never have music after a goal !

No its not, at the final whistle I want to hear the crowd cheer and clap, esp after a win, not some bright spark playing music.
    Also, if we dont stamp it out now, there will be after goal music, its the end I tell you.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

se9addick said:

No its not, at the final whistle I want to hear the crowd cheer and clap, esp after a win, not some bright spark playing music.
    Also, if we dont stamp it out now, there will be after goal music, its the end I tell you.
    Exactly the point I was making !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Greenie said:

se9addick said:

Exactly the point I was making !
    OK, and every one who was around me then....
  • Options
    Can charlton fans go one day with out moaning?
  • Options
    I agree with Greenie. Surely hearing the crowds reaction is good for the players and other fans. I know we have the strangest fans in the country at times but im pretty sure most can wait till they turn on the car radio to hear some music.
  • Options

What do you reckon mate? If you can't beat 'em join 'em. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Some have low standard some don't I guess.
  • Options

That is the tune Chelsea run out to isn't it ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Leonard Cohen is far to cheerful.
    How about Gloomy Sunday - Billie Holiday ?

If that song was played at the end of a Charlton game the consequences would be unthinkable.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

That is the tune Chelsea run out to isn't it ?
    I've heard it at Chelsea and at quite a few other grounds .. it's (to me anyway) a cheery, inoffensive piece and reminds me of myself dancing about like a loon in Wardour Street clubs and points south of the Thames in my misspent youth .. what would be a good un is another reggae retro piece: 'Double Barrel' by Dave and Ansell Collins .. all together now 'I am the magnificent .. w o o o o o'
  • Options

Are you moaning about moaning Dave?
  • Options

So, what was the tune in question?

If you've got Google on your iphone, you can hold it up to this thread and it will tell you what the tune is.

I've seen it done on the telly.
    Maybe.

• Options
    It does seem sometimes that the crowd is drowned out by the music after the FT whistle.
    Perhaps an alternative could be to leave it a bit longer before playing any music?
  • Options
    It's Tom Hark and we've been playing it after a win for at least 12 years.

....and that bloke @Greenie is @Glovepup, also answers to Paul, Pups or Cupcake ;-)

(and yes it sounded louder than usual last night).
  • Options
    Featuring who though BDL? And never want to hear the magnificent Theme From Great Cities again - you only play it when we don't win:)