Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Bolton - post match views

edited October 2014 in General Charlton
Hmmmm thoughts?

Wasn't convincing for me personally but considering we were missing two of our most dangerous players, the three points are welcome however they come.

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately I was not there, so cannot comment on our performance. Sounds like we were dominated once again however, and worryingly this time by the team that is second bottom.

However, another win so we must be doing something right!
  • Options
    I'm interested to hear from those there. Listening to it, it sounded like we were pretty overwhelmed in the second half and were lucky to come away with anything. But, perhaps 'in the flesh' it was different.
  • Options
    A win is a win is a win, 3 points, Vetokele and JBG back for Friday, it's mostly positives other than the fact we allowed so much possession, again.

Onwards and ideally upwards.
  • Options
    5th yellow for Buyens tonight.

Suspended for Fulham game. Cousins will play CM (at last).
  • Options
    Yes I'm happy we won but so unconvincing. Embarassing to be hanging on for half an hour against Bolton. I don't understand what's changed. The misplaced passes, lack of urgency, poor decision making, alarming number of corners being conceded - where the hell has it all come from?
  • Options
    Grim but we won Bolton completely outplayed us. Oh how we need their no 27 totally bossed midfield.

Tucdean took his goal superbly and unselfishly made the 2nd. We can't keep playing like this. We never strung more than 2 passes together all night. Wiggins was awful.
  • Options
    Buyens now suspended on Friday.

Considering we were missing 3 key players a good result.

Whilst we do surrender lots of possession and territory it didn't feel like we were under the cosh.

How many saves did Henderson make?
  • Options
    Pete and Terry are suggesting that despite the lack of possession we weren't that troubled most of the time. Two good goals to win, when many of us wondered how we would score without Igor, seems to me like a good night's work. Sounds like Buyens had a good game, but is suspended for Friday after a questionable booking.

The other thing that I'd like to ask those there, because it always winds me up. From where did the officials produce 5 minutes of injury time which then turned into 6 ? I don't recall any significant injury stoppage being mentioned.
  • Options
    We needed to respond after Saturday`s game and we have. The 3 points are very important in what is a tight division. Hopefully we will have a couple of players back for Friday evening. Great to see George on the score-sheet again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a good job Bolton were poor because a good side would have ripped us apart tonight.
    Mussa and Bulot were anonymous and we looked very nervy once Bolton got their goal.
    3 points.is 3 points though.

• Options
    I'm glad for George. Maybe he and Igor should be the starting front two pairing when both fit. We did seem to be playing better earlier in the season with George in there.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Yes I'm happy we won but so unconvincing. Embarassing to be hanging on for half an hour against Bolton. I don't understand what's changed. The misplaced passes, lack of urgency, poor decision making, alarming number of corners being conceded - where the hell has it all come from?

From the opposition pressing the Charlton team. Restricting time and space to try and stop the Charlton passing game to get going ?
  • Options
    I thought Birmingham were better than bolton even though the stats say that bolton dominated us.we started wasting time as soon as we went 2-0 and we dont seem very good at keeping the ball.Up until tonight I thought George was worse than church.I was wrong .He played well but does like falling over.we will finish 10th.
  • Options

Unfortunately I was not there, so cannot comment on our performance. Sounds like we were dominated once again however, and worryingly this time by the team that is second bottom.

However, another win so we must be doing something right!

2nd bottom but against a side with a new manager and won their last game

3 pts massive result
  • Options
    Not much quality from either side other than the goals.
  • Options
    vff said:

JaShea99 said:

From the opposition pressing the Charlton team. Restricting time and space to try and stop the Charlton passing game to get going ?
    What so no opposition did that for the first 8 games?
  • Options
    Two good goals but nothing else to shout about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pete and Terry are suggesting that despite the lack of possession we weren't that troubled most of the time. Two good goals to win, when many of us wondered how we would score without Igor, seems to me like a good night's work. Sounds like Buyens had a good game, but is suspended for Friday after a questionable booking.

The other thing that I'd like to ask those there, because it always winds me up. From where did the officials produce 5 minutes of injury time which then turned into 6 ? I don't recall any significant injury stoppage being mentioned.

I wondered where the added time came from but my mate said there were lots of little stoppages.
  • Options
    Wins a win. Drink. #MoveOn
  • Options
    Two good goals by us, a poor one conceded, and a lot of huffing and puffing to little effect.
  • Options
    Ugly win, 3 Points will do
  • Options
    They were better than us but didn't create much. Was quite comfortable in defence for the amount of play they had.

We played good stuff at times esp in first half. Bulot was poor(anonymous), everyone else decent n above imo. They controlled the middle but have livermore and chung yong who are both quality and probably prem players so you would expect them to. They had few (none apart from goal line clearance?) real chances as their goal was poor from our perspective, however we did have to clear one from a scramble off the line.

Think draw probably fair but cos of their lack of chances we were good value for the win with two good goals.
  • Options
    Just in. Scored 2 good goals - especially the second one which was well worked - according to the BBC only 2 shots on target and 2 goals! Thought their goal was a bit on the lucky side through a crowd of players. We tended to sit back a bit again after our second goal (but not the first). Was pretty much end-2-end. Thought we soaked up their pressure fairly well. Glad George scored (so was he!) but not sure why he seemed to be going down so easily. Enjoyed it - except for the usual nail biting end to the game and with 5 mins added...not sure why.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm glad someone still knows how to enjoy Charlton winning. It's great result, even if they are bottom 3. They've got a decent squad and won't be there long.
  • Options
    Reading without posting.

Odd performance as at times we played some fantastic, incisive passing football.

Usually Moussa was heavily involved in this but when he wasn't or his touch let him down/he was closed down we were far less effective or fluid.

At times we were all over the place and couldn't win a header.

But we scored two good goals (one from the player who is well passed it and shouldn't be playing) and so deserved the win.

Another booking for Buyens means a ban.

Bulot well off the pace.

Moussa very good in patches, ditto Yoni.

The skipper led by example. Not his best game but always involved and he scored the winner.

Cousins seemed to be carrying an injury most of the 2nd half.

Lovely goal from George. Hope he kicks on but he seems to be struggling with the physical defenders.

A win is a win and were right in the fight.

The worry is no yoni and possibly no Igor, JBG, Gomez or JC v Fulham but that is for Friday. Right now happy with the win.