Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crystal Palace to be fined?

Comments

• Options
    That's true.

However it pains me to say it but I have to applaud Palace fans for being the first to come out publicly and say this. It's too much to expect pathetic journalistic trash like Durham and the paper he works for to actually take a good long look at Abramovic, but its about time the truth came out.
  • Options
    Likewise. Don't have time to read but I am appalled and feel immediate action should be taken to ensure this disease doesn't spread.
  • Options
    What's the story? I refuse to give the mail a hit
  • Options
    We gotta choose their new shirt too?
  • Options
    They have developed a stutter?
  • Options
    If I was in charge of the FA, I would fine them every week for being Palace.
  • Options
    Well done those Palace fans.
  • Options
    I agree with all those sentiments above but at Stamford Bridge they went and unfurled this banner. We all should have been unfurling such banners for years.

I bow to no man in my hatred of the Nigels but if you offered me that Abramovic would be deported, his UK assets having been first distributed equally across all 92 English clubs, in return for Palace's place in the FAPL being guaranteed for another year, I'd accept in a heartbeat. Noen of you will agree but some of you still know that I am right :-)
  • Options

I agree with all those sentiments above but at Stamford Bridge they went and unfurled this banner. We all should have been unfurling such banners for years.

I bow to no man in my hatred of the Nigels but if you offered me that Abramovic would be deported, his UK assets having been first distributed equally across all 92 English clubs, in return for Palace's place in the FAPL being guaranteed for another year, I'd accept in a heartbeat. Noen of you will agree but some of you still know that I am right :-)

They did it at shithurst not Stamford Bridge
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the Daily Mail have slated Palace for having the outrageous temerity to display a banner and, to illustrate the story, they have published a picture of the banner.
  • Options

They did it at shithurst not Stamford Bridge
    My mistake

• Options
    Chizz said:

So the Daily Mail have slated Palace for having the outrageous temerity to display a banner and, to illustrate the story, they have published a picture of the banner.

Reminds me their outrage at Miley Cyrus's inappropriate costumes for a former child-star, replete with dozens of photos of her.

Manufacture outrage -> sell stories
  • Options
    What about swapping it for palace to be champions Prague?
  • Options

What about swapping it for palace to be champions Prague?

now that's not fair :-)

There's a BBC Radio 4 programme called the Moral Maze for such a question
  • Options
    At least RA and Chelsea pay their bills.
  • Options
    Only just seen those stupid cut out fortresses when I clicked on the link, they look like the blown up efforts of a primary school child, you'd think they would make a proper job of it. Pure cringe.
  • Options
    Outrageous. Fancy having a banner displaying the truth. Maybe that's why the Mail have highlighted it as truth is an alien concept to them?
  • Options
    change "romans dirty money" to "children wearing black singing italian songs" and they may have a point
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The idea that Abramovic might sue them is a complete and utter nonsense. If Abramovic was going to sue anyone over allegations like this, he'd have started when Matthew Said said on national TV that RA's money was stolen. It doesn't take a genius to work out why he didn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd rather 19 Romans and Couldmt care where the cash came from and see palace collapse and disappear from the face of the earth

I'll store this one and remind you of it if I catch you on a politics thread banging on about foreign criminals being allowed to roam freely around our green and pleasant land

:-)

• Options
    Some of you hate the Mail more than you hate Palace. Very strange.
  • Options

I'd father 19 Romans and Couldmt care where the cash came from and see palace collapse and disappear from the face of the earth

Fixed it for you.

• Options
    WayneK said:

Not really, they are known as the Daily Hate Mail. Its the way they sell so many papers each day, people love a good dose of hate.
    Can't say I really hate Palarse, I try not to think about them. We have enough worry about at Charlton.
  • Options
    I will happily enjoy the reminder if palace are in the obituaries
  • Options
    That's shocking IMO.

There should definitely be a possessive apostrophe on that banner. Kids eh...
  • Options

I agree 100%. These rich benefactors have ruined our game and fair play to the nigels for highlighting that. There was a time that clubs like Villa, Everton and Ipswich could win the league through nothing other than shrewd management. That can never happen again as long as there are those who throw totally ridiculous sums of money at the persuit of glory.

Players should be financed by a club's genuine commercial revenue and nothing else.
  • Options
    WayneK said:

Not at all, some sensible people can see beyond a little "local difficulty" and look at the bigger picture where millions are fed a daily diet of vitriol and hatred of all things that don't represent the view of the stinking rich owners of a certain newspaper...

For the record, while I applaud the Palace fan's stance, I repeat the opinion I expressed on another thread, that if a billionaire decided to pour his money into Charlton (wherever that money was made) , almost none of you would distance yourself from the club in protest.