Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corners

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but why is that the corner taker raises either one or two arms before booting it over? Is it to say that I'm ready or something more tactical like...near/far post? as it does seem like they kick and hope for the best.

Comments

• Options
    i don't want to sound rude but how old are you and how long have you been watching football. and have you ever played at any level at all before ?
    it indicates what type of corner they are going to take as sonic says.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Solidgone said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but why is that the corner taker raises either one or two arms before booting it over? Is it to say that I'm ready or something more tactical like...near/far post? as it does seem like they kick and hope for the best.

I've studied this over a number of years, having watched numerous different players taking corners for us.

One arm raised = This won't clear the first defender, make sure you retreat quickly to cover the oppositions counter attack

Two arms raised = This is going straight over everyone and out for a throw-in on the other side. Leisurely stroll back to our own half.
    hahahah .. harsh .. but all too often ... true
  • Options
    I can't remember the signal Scott Parker gave at Bradford City before he kicked it straight out for a goal-kick. This wasn't an over-hit corner...this was straight out. The only time the ball was in play was when it was in the quadrangle thingy!
  • Options
    no idea.....we never get enough corners to notice.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I can't remember the signal Scott Parker gave at Bradford City before he kicked it straight out for a goal-kick. This wasn't an over-hit corner...this was straight out. The only time the ball was in play was when it was in the quadrangle thingy!

did he do a Cousins (see sonic's post) and tap his chest 3 times before the kick ?
  • Options
    Pat Nevin analysis: Why have corners got worse?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29634200