Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs For fulham!

edited October 2014 in General Charlton
Come on then you lot :) big Game and a bigger night.

Wheres everyone drinking?

Before match suggestions would be:

Eight Bells
Crabtree

After the match Suggestions:

Abbey bar - Tower hill
Waxy O Connors - Leicester Square.
Porterhouse - Covent Garden

Any other ideas?

COYR!

Comments

• Options
    Are we playing Fulham soon then? Are they in the championship now then? Or cup game?
  • Options
    Not going to have time for Bodeans before, is it worth going to Fulham Broadway or heading straight to pubs near Putney/on the Thames?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    What the hell is this "London's original football club" nonsense about? Also, why is Craven Cottage labelled as "Atmospheric Riverside Football Club" on Google Maps. Is someone taking the piss?

I'll be finishing work at about 5:30/6 at Waterloo, so apart from a couple of cheeky "desk beers" and a lunchtime drink, I don't expect I'll be getting much beer time. I'll probably walk over to Westminster and catch the District Line to Putney Bridge.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Had a cracking night in the Octoberfest pub on Fulham Road on my stag do, was a night with the oompah band on though which I don't think that Fridays are.

The other night we went to The Lazy Fox over by Fulham Broadway tube stop - has a beer wall with loads of good ales you help yourself too with a card that you settle at the end of the night - lovely place.

The Cock Inn was a nice pub too, despite the name!!
  • Options
    Bodeans - Pub crawl around Tower Hill - Away pub for about 6ish
    After, not sure yet.
  • Options
    OctoberFest pub from around 2 until 6ish then into the away pub... Though I'm struggling to think where that will be...
  • Options

Not going to have time for Bodeans before, is it worth going to Fulham Broadway or heading straight to pubs near Putney/on the Thames?

Long old walk from Fulham Broadway, not too many decent pubs that route either.

Anyone heading there via Hammersmith there are a few decent ones down Fulham Palace Road these days.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    colthe3rd said:

Anyone heading there via Hammersmith there are a few decent ones down Fulham Palace Road these days.
    The Southern Belle is decent these days, as are a few slightly closer to Hammersmith Station.

Still absolutely gutted I cant make this one. Can literally throw a stone to Craven Cottage and this is the one game I cant attend!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colthe3rd said:

The Southern Belle is decent these days, as are a few slightly closer to Hammersmith Station.

Still absolutely gutted I cant make this one. Can literally throw a stone to Craven Cottage and this is the one game I cant attend!!
    Hooligan ;0)
  • Options
    Not too sure if there is another thread, but, for those not going Cottaging, The Holly Tree in Dermody Road, Hither green / Lewisham is showing the game.
  • Options
    Finish at 12.30, meeting locally for a bite to eat and a few pints. Train up down to The Griffin for some afternoon entertainment and drinks, probably go towards Fulham around 6 before going to the game and out up town, work next day means I'm restricted to catching last train home.
  • Options

Finish at 12.30, meeting locally for a bite to eat and a few pints. Train up down to The Griffin for some afternoon entertainment and drinks, probably go towards Fulham around 6 before going to the game and out up town, work next day means I'm restricted to catching last train home.

Very similar to my plans. Where you heading in the afternoon for entertainment?
  • Options
    German pub
  • Options
    On Google maps the walk time from the German pub to the ground looks fairly far. Is it only really on option for those that are finishing work early ?
  • Options
    im going from central london to hammersmith then walking to the old suffolk punch, which is on the way to the ground.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

On Google maps the walk time from the German pub to the ground looks fairly far. Is it only really on option for those that are finishing work early ?

15 mins or so - problem is no tube stations close to it
  • Options
    Going to just do the two in the opening post I think, go to Eight Bells near Putney Tube for one then head up to the Crabtree so we're nearer the ground
  • Options
    White horse. Parsons green. First port of call.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eight Bells for me aswell I think
  • Options

Going to just do the two in the opening post I think, go to Eight Bells near Putney Tube for one then head up to the Crabtree so we're nearer the ground

From Putney you have to walk past the ground to get the Crabtree and then of course back again for the game
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

White horse. Parsons green. First port of call.

Sloaney Poney - watch out for the posh ladies
  • Options
    Oh, by the way, The Oktoberfest place has a private party / band / ticket only thing from 730 onwards so will not be an option for afterwards - fine for before though.
  • Options
    Turkish restaurant off the new kings road. And they're off.
  • Options
    Student union in Barnes then railway station.
    Be at one for some cocktails and then the eight bells.
    Good mixture of places for us.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

From Putney you have to walk past the ground to get the Crabtree and then of course back again for the game
    Yeah I thought it was a bit nearer to the ground than it actually is, not sure then.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Oh, by the way, The Oktoberfest place has a private party / band / ticket only thing from 730 onwards so will not be an option for afterwards - fine for before though.

Gatecrash!
  • Options
    Definitely the Eight Bells next to Putney Bridge tube.