Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U21s v Huddersfield 20 October 2014

Away

No team news

Charlton Athletic FC retweeted
Huddersfield Town ‏@htafcdotcom 5m5 minutes ago
UPDATE 63' #htafc U21s 0-1 #cafc: the visitors have taken the lead just after the hour mark at @htafcCanalside (DTS)

Comments

• No team information? The Comms team have been pretty good with team news these days, so a bit disappointing.
  • Oggy Red said:

No team information? The Comms team have been pretty good with team news these days, so a bit disappointing.

Reliant on the HTFC and they only posted their own team's line up.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    .@jasoneuell's U21 side have won 1-0 at @htafcdotcom this afternoon. That's six unbeaten now for the development squad. #MadeInCharlton
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 11m11 minutes ago
    We're hearing @KadsDaniel hit the winning goal for our U21 side this afternoon. Second goal in as many games. #cafc
  • @KadsDaniel .. get him in the squad for Tuesday !!!
  • edited October 2014
    Ended their unbeaten run:-)

The Terriers have won their last five games including a 4-1 victory over an Ipswich Town team that beat the Addicks at Sparrows Lane in September.
  • I heard that starting line up was Phillips ,Pyke,Edwards,Muldoon,Thomas,Obileye,Cumerbatch,Charles-Cook,Browne,Daniel,Kennedy Subs: Beeney , Konsa,Barnes,Gerard,Umerah.
  • Powell out.
  • Richard J said:

I heard that starting line up was Phillips ,Pyke,Edwards,Muldoon,Thomas,Obileye,Cumerbatch,Charles-Cook,Browne,Daniel,Kennedy Subs: Beeney , Konsa,Barnes,Gerard,Umerah.

Charles- Cook is a 17 year old ( 01.03.1997) midfielder. Not seen him named in the U21s before

• It looks like Ansah could be in the squad for Tuesday. I would get Daniels on the bench too.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2014
    Hmm, no Munns or Ansah who coincidentally both were involved in the warm up before the game on Saturday so might well be in the 18 tomorrow?
  • better dust off the "Valiant 787" thread
  • better dust off the "Valiant 787" thread

Not sure it's been static long enough to get dusty!
  • dickplumb said:

It looks like Ansah could be in the squad for Tuesday. I would get Daniels on the bench too.

I heard he travelled to Bournemouth but didn't make the 18.
  • Richard J said:

dickplumb said:

It looks like Ansah could be in the squad for Tuesday. I would get Daniels on the bench too.

Yes, Ansah, Munns & Phillips were all warming up before the game.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Richard J said:

dickplumb said:

Would think they will all be in the 18 man squad tomorrow
  • ross1 said:

C_A_F_C said:

Richard J said:

dickplumb said:

Would think they will all be in the 18 man squad tomorrow
    Provided Henderson and Pope fit @ross1‌ Phillips won't be included.
  • They always have a 3rd goalkeeper standing by
  • edited October 2014
    ross1 said:

They always have a 3rd goalkeeper standing by

Agreed but not in the actual 11 starters or 7 on the bench.
  • Thanks Red, I remembered they normally have about 21 players with 3 on stand-by
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Beeney with us permanently and was he the keeper we picked up from Chelsea. Why is the Man City CB not in the squad - too young or not been with us long enough.

• Yes Beeney signed permanently from Chelsea and he's only 16 (as is Assiana, the signing from Man City).
  • Thanks Ram... Is Edwards a quick Full-Back or is he about as fast as Solly / Wiggins?
  • Thanks Ram... Is Edwards a quick Full-Back or is he about as fast as Solly / Wiggins?

He is not particularly quick but he has a good left foot and skill on the ball. Like Holmes - Dennis he is a converted midfield player. Edwards is also slight but he doesn't shirk a tackle.

• dickplumb said:

Thanks Ram... Is Edwards a quick Full-Back or is he about as fast as Solly / Wiggins?

He is not particularly quick but he has a good left foot and skill on the ball. Like Holmes - Dennis he is a converted midfield player. Edwards is also slight but he doesn't shirk a tackle.

I know its not a criticism that your making about Edwards' size there @dickplumb but I guess though when you look back over recent years that there arent many stocky Full-Back i.e. the majority of them are some of the smaller players on the pitch i.e. Solly.. Wiggins.. Powell.. Young.. Neville.. Baines.. Cole.. Shaw... none of these guys are built like your Bikey's
  • What a goal!