Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shocking Performance

I thought this place would be in meltdown yesterday as we do tend to go overboard sometimes when we lose.
I think the team have been brilliant at times this season, mixed with some just doing enough to get something out of the game, but yesterday we were 2 notches below where I expected us to be ( which is a good sign I suppose, and shows a raised level of expectancy).

The games gone now, and in true charlton life, we 'move on' to the next game, but Henderson apart , who kept the scoreline down and made it look respectable, we were shocking and not at the races, despite a 2 week international break, it seems to have worked against us.

So was it the fact we looked like a team of RAC recovery men, or are the team all on the lemsips at the moment, as our household are, I don't know what it was , and I know it's virtually impossible to keep up the levels of performance and results we have been getting, but have we hit a wall, and how does Big Bob, ensure that is not repeated, because if it was a home performance the crowd would be going potty.

Comments

• That's a test of a good manager, by the sounds of things yesterday we are hard to beat (which we have been from the start of the season)

Don't think a melt down is required yet as the points tally and position in the league look respectable

Now on to the next 11 games unbeaten
  • You almost seem disappointed people here are not losing there shit. Maybe this could have gone on the Post match thread or just 'move on' to the next game like you mentioned
  • The word 'shocking' is overused and misused these days but it's entirely appropriate to describe our performance yesterday. It shocked me how many misplaced passes there were. It shocked me how easily they passed it around us. It shocked me how few clear cut chances we had. It truly was shocking.
  • The price of the pies was quite shocking to.
  • I wouldn't know as there was no cash machine around the ground or card payment inside it.
  • edited October 2014
    First defeat in 12. 19 points and eighth in the league.

Last season. 11 points from the first 12 games.

• edited October 2014
    It was the 4th time I'd been to see Charlton play Bournemouth, and this time we walked a different way round the ground to get in , I liked the fact that had a wall with pictures of former Bournemouth teams and players, thought that was a nice touch of remembering the past.

Really? I got in the ground at 2.20 and my boy was gutted to find only veggie pies left!! He had to break his tradition of pre match 'pie eating' and do a hot dog instead!!

Really? I got in the ground at 2.20 and my boy was gutted to find only veggie pies left!! He had to break his tradition of pre match 'pie eating' and do a hot dog instead!!
    So that's why we lost.........
  • edited October 2014
    Never liked it down in bournmouth for some reason?
  • Sponsored links:

Veggie pies....................