Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

who wore this shirt?

Sorting some items today and came across this.

Long sleeve match worn shirt but who wore it?

Shirty5 reckons Balmer and he's usually right but anyone else?

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Steve Brown?
  • Options
    My guess would be Balmer as well but of the top of my head number 6 in that kit was also worn by Chapple, Rufus, Scott, Brown and Youds
  • Options
    Does it smell of sweat?

Then it's Balmer's.
  • Options
    Chapple
  • Options
    Youds
  • Options
    Can't be Balmer, he wore No1...........;-)
  • Options

Anyone remember the time he got injured and refused to come off ? turned out he broke a rib and punctured his lung
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Anyone remember the time he got injured and refused to come off ? turned out he broke a rib and punctured his lung
    Yes it was done by that Italian Grimsby forward if I remember correctly.

• Options
    shine166 said:

The referee didn't allow the physio (Jimmy Hendry I believe) on either. Don't even think he gave a foul.
  • Options
    When is this going for auction? This is the first shirt I got bought and would love to have one I can actually get over my head!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My reaction was Balmer. It's 96/97 and 97/98 so could be a a couple of players, might be worth checking out a highlights video.
  • Options
    Just looked at a couple of videos, looks more like Chapple than Balmer.
  • Options

When is this going for auction? This is the first shirt I got bought and would love to have one I can actually get over my head!

Not for auction but I might have a replica one for sale. What size do you need?
  • Options
    Players who wore the number 6 shirt during a league or cup game in the 96/97 and 97/98 seasons are

Balmer
    Rufus
    Chapple
    Poole
    Brown
    Youds

• Options
    shine166 said:

Against Grimsby Town on 7/10/95 in a one nil home defeat. Balmer suffered a cracked rib and a punctured lung following a collision with Jim Dobbin. Balmer was replaced after 30 minutes by Richard Rufus
  • Options

Cheers Henry, Medium/Large please!
  • Options
    I had that shirt with 6 on the back for Balmer
  • Options

Cheers Henry, Medium/Large please!
    Will have a dig in the box and let you know