Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth v Charlton - Post match views

Unbeaten run finally gone, and sounded disappointing.

Grateful for views of those there or who watched online.

Comments

• Options
    Ugh.
  • Options
    Apologies for the late beginning to meetings of the suicide squad this season. Let's get off to a good start now though!
  • Options
    Watched on the feed, and we looked very poor. Hendo our MOM which says it all. We really need someone who can hold up the play when it is pinged forward, but all round our touch and passing was terrible. 3-0 would have been a fair result
  • Options
    Watching on line, we looked out classed most of the time, I cannot remember any decent attacks, I hope Vetokele is not seriously hurt
  • Options
    Very poor.
    Weak all over. Did we have any chances? Other than Wilsons header?
  • Options
    Poor Huddersfield. Now I know what it must have felt like. How we laughed.
  • Options
    Reality check.
  • Options
    Second best all over the park sadly. Jackos free kick aside we never looked like scoring. Bad day at the office, well played Cherries and we move on.

Thought Wilson for them was excellent.
  • Options
    Lightweight attack needs sorting a s a p .. defence is superb but we will win nothing without goals (sorry to state the obvious)
  • Options
    Just a meh performance in general, other then a few bright moments in the first half involving Ahearne-grant, potential there for sure.

Hopefully losing our unbeaten streak gives us a kick up the ass that we can play a lot better then we have today & in some previous games.

Still 8th and solid mid-table season is nothing to moan about this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Performances haven't been living up to the results for a while but still 8th in a very tight league. 8 points cover the top 13 sides.

There will be doom and gloom and finger ponting at the poster's own scapegoat but we had to lose eventually.

The squad remains too thin and lacking goals.

Great that KAG is given a chance but it is as much a reflection of the lack of other options as his undoubted talent.

Up the Addicks.
  • Options
    Watched on a sticky feed , pretty dull from the binary bores , 2 goals in 5 games very zzzzz

Scum pulling 3 back hurts

we're still top 8

win against Bolton and we continue to look up rather than down and still a much better start than I expected

0% top two ......... 2% 3rd-6th .........48% 7th-12th ......50% 13th-21st...... 0% Relegation
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Watched on the stream. We've been due a defeat on recent performances,it doesn't look like we have a team who can dominate a game. In the whole 90minutes we hardly got the ball in their box while every Bournemouth attack ended with a shot or a block in the box.

JJ looked like he was going to be sent off so many mistimed tackles. Grant up front looked promising but as with Igor he is not going to win much against two centre backs,desperately need a target man up top.

First defeat of the season I'm hoping we can rediscover the passing game we had in the early parts of the season.
  • Options
    A little worried that now the bubble has burst we're going to lose quite a few. Desperately need a couple of additions to squad. Too many similar type of players, moussa, bulot, Harriot etc. Thought Ritchie for Bournemouth was a very good player
  • Options
    Wouldn't be suprised to see us lose a few on the bounce now
  • Options

Lightweight attack needs sorting a s a p .. defence is superb but we will win nothing without goals (sorry to state the obvious)

It is stating the obvious. As is the fact that we have, bar penalties, only one player who has scored more than a single League goal this season. As is that we haven't scored more than one goal in a game since August.

Do we think that RD is prepared to do anything to rectify the obvious?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Always going to lose eventually especially the way we have been playing in reality, so result not major surprise. Not much difference from other recent performances if we're honest Just without a few short periods of playing well, taking an odd chance and having the luck. Poor first touch and passing as usual and mostly second best to the loose ball. Be interesting to see what BP chooses to go with and how we react on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Watched this on the stream. First time I've seen us this season and I wasn't impressed. Was it just a bad day at the office or is this how we've been playing the last few games?

I thought the defence was ok but the rest was pretty bad especially in the second half when Igor and Gud were off. I didn't think KAG had a good game but he's only young and will improve with the right players around him. We would never have scored in a month of sundays with him and Harriot up front. I'm not a Calum fan I'm afraid.

I thought the whole game was pretty disjointed, especially in the second half and maybe BB is relying too much on the 'young guns'. Maybe George would have been better coming on?

A bit of work to do I think but do we have the players? I would say no.
  • Options
    Goals have been drying up and performances dropping for the past few weeks. Perhaps the fear of losing our record was stopping us from playing the football we were at the start of the season. Hopefully we may now start being more adventurous again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bolton at home on Tuesday is a big test now to see if we can bounce back. It will be tough after their win today!
  • Options
    We need to find some creativity before Tuesday night, as Bolton will come to the Valley to defend and nick a goal.

Still lacking that playmaker in midfield & target man, so frustrating.
  • Options
    Not great today by the sound of it,the problems that have been highlighted in the last few games need to be addressed asap. Think the unbeaten record was definitely a bit of a millstone as the players seemed a bit scared to make the mistake that would lead to us losing. Maybe now the record has gone they can relax a bit and get back to playing as they did early season :)
  • Options
    Let's hope the reaction is Tuesday versus Bolton! (-;
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2014

Apologies for the late beginning to meetings of the suicide squad this season. Let's get off to a good start now though!

I hate that bloody phrase 'suicide squad' and 'razor blades' for anyone who is not bitingly happy about defeat.
  • Options
    We've been found out and don't seem to have a plan B. Teams are all pushing up on us and pressing us high up the pitch stopping our passing game. No one to hold the ball up in attack is a major problem!
  • Options

We need to find some creativity before Tuesday night, as Bolton will come to the Valley to defend and nick a goal.

Still lacking that playmaker in midfield & target man, so frustrating.

If Bolton have done their homework on us to the most basic level they won't come to defend. We concede possession to most teams and are nothing to fear; Especially in recent games.

• Options
    Still sat in car park waiting to get away from ground - very poor performance all round - our central midfield were completely overrun - no fight in the team - clueless going forward - wasteful in possession - Bournemouth stopped us playing out from the back and every long ball was a gift to the opposition - this was as bad as last season.
  • Options
    I'm confident Bob knows what to do. Whether or not he can do it is another thing. We need reinforcements. Pity Roland doesn't see what we see.