Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We're 5/1 to win today?

I know we've only won four games, but Bournemouth have already lost four times this season. They've also only won 2 of their 5 home games. Meanwhile Blackpool, who are also playing away today, are quite a bit shorter than us at most firms.

How the hell are the bookies working this out? I'll probably look a chump when we end up losing 2-0 but at 5/1 I'll have to have a little bit on.

Comments

• Options
    What are the odds on CAFC double chance?
  • Options

What are the odds on CAFC double chance?

5/4 mate.
  • Options
    Hm not as good as I hoped after reading 5/1 which definitely does look good value!
  • Options
    Just backed us to win the first half at 6.2 (5.2/1)on Betfair.
  • Options
    I honestly though the prices in the Post were a misprint. I know bookies are rarely wrong but on earth have they based those odds on ?!
  • Options
    Charlton +1 is now 6/4
  • Options
    Had a pint on us and spurs today.
  • Options
    Punt
  • Options
    Just backed Charlton at 11/2 with Coral. Good odds.
  • Options
    Had some of this ridiculous odds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pundits and local opposition Journalists can right us off all they want.

We'll just shut them up where it matters... On the Football Pitch :)
  • Options
    1-1 written all over it...........
  • Options

1-1 written all over it...........

If a goal each half that is 16/1 both sides, on will hill
  • Options
    That'll do for me as long as we're leading at half time.
  • Options
    signed up to coral put a fiver on the win 32 returns

free bet of 20 on the +1 charlton, 24 returns (don't get the free bet back)

it's like printing money
  • Options

I honestly though the prices in the Post were a misprint. I know bookies are rarely wrong but on earth have they based those odds on ?!

bookies being rarely wrong is a bit of a myth. that bookies setting the odds so that they don't lose money overall is true, but that is something different. putting us at 5/1 might be a deliberate attempt to get people to bet, but it will based upon past betting patterns and odds elsewhere which will counter any loses if we were to win. so long as there is a profit in the end, they have no particular interest in which team gets which odd.
  • Options
    Bookies don't normally get it wrong, and they certainly didn't get it wrong today.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Bookies don't normally get it wrong, and they certainly didn't get it wrong today.

Someone's on the warpath.
  • Options
    one day i will learn gambling never equates to printing money
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5/1 for a reason
    You never see a poor bookie!