Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away Kit

Apologies if it's been covered before, but I just noticed that Peterborough have the same away kit as us. I thought that when we had the previous discussions about the kit there was something written about us having first dibs in the Nike kit pile, and that once we had chosen it no-one else in the football league could use it?

It's four quid cheaper in their club shop than in our "Nike" shop too...

Comments

• Options
    French te wear it to Lyon I think or Lens
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Apologies if it's been covered before, but I just noticed that Peterborough have the same away kit as us. I thought that when we had the previous discussions about the kit there was something written about us having first dibs in the Nike kit pile, and that once we had chosen it no-one else in the football league could use it?

They have the same home kit as us too, but in blue. IMO the sooner we're away from Nike, the better.

• Options

French te wear it to Lyon I think or Lens

Yes, but they are in a different league.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Why do teams need a Third Kit?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29549474

Glad things like this are finally getting a public airing. He's completely right of course, although it would mean us getting rid of our black away kit and using the orange instead this season, for example. :-)
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Why do teams need a Third Kit?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29549474

Glad things like this are finally getting a public airing. He's completely right of course, although it would mean us getting rid of our black away kit and using the orange instead this season, for example. :-)
    Who plays at home in black? :-D
  • Options
    What are we wearing today?

Bournemouth play in black and red stripes so assume the third kit will be given an airing?

Maybe the Football League should vet teams home and away kits at the start of the season so that there's no need for a third kit.

Its all marketing and money. Why do so many teams play in their change strip at the Valley when there is no clash of kits?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

What are we wearing today?

Bournemouth play in black and red stripes so assume the third kit will be given an airing?

Maybe the Football League should vet teams home and away kits at the start of the season so that there's no need for a third kit.

Its all marketing and money. Why do so many teams play in their change strip at the Valley when there is no clash of kits?

• Options
    that kit is savage
  • Options

They have the same home kit as us too, but in blue. IMO the sooner we're away from Nike, the better.

To be honest we aren't "with" Nike though, our deal is with JustSport and I think they pretty much just but us kits from Nikes catalogue. They could probably just as easily buy us an Joma/Macron kit but I suppose people moaned for so long about us not having a big name kit manufacturer that this is what we ended up with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now I am confused. Who are just sport and why do we have a Nike shop at The Valley if they are not our kit supplier?

The third kit looked as awful as I feared it would this afternoon.
  • Options

Now I am confused. Who are just sport and why do we have a Nike shop at The Valley if they are not our kit supplier?

Just Sport -: We are the Official retailer for Charlton Athletic FC Replica Kits and Merchandise. Replica and Training Wear are provided by Nike with added Training and Leisurewear supplied by Avec part of the Just Sport Group.

• Options
    seriously reckon this was a factor in our performance today lol
  • Options
    Would love to see us with a bespoke kit from a smaller company, Nike, Adidas and Puma just roll out the same template to everybody
  • Options
    Are Peterborough sponsored by Boy George?
  • Options
    No such thing as a bespoke kit nowadays. The last one I can think of was Ipswhich when they had their own shirt supplier called punch.
  • Options
    Our Le Coq Sportif shirts weren't unique either, and many of our Joma designs were used elsewhere, albeit abroad.
  • Options
    The movement towards footballers acting as mere male models/fashion icons for overpriced 'sportswear' needs sorting out .. our third kit is horrible and I'm sue that the players feel embarrassed and uncomfortable wearing it
  • Options
    edited October 2014

The movement towards footballers acting as mere male models/fashion icons for overpriced 'sportswear' needs sorting out .. our third kit is horrible and I'm sue that the players feel embarrassed and uncomfortable wearing it

Thing is Lincs if you are going to wear something like our third kit, you've got to be good, a bit like wearing white boots when we played the game. No good being crap and wearing stand out boots. Having said that..................... we need to move on from yesterday. :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2014

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

That in red would've been quite nice. We got the red and white the wrong way around on the current kit.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Leuth said:

seriously reckon this was a factor in our performance today lol

Look like puddings, play like puddings.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

That in red would've been quite nice. We got the red and white the wrong way around on the current kit.
    Everyone moans that there's too much white on the current kit so if we had it reversed there would be even more white to moan about.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

CAFCTrev said:

Everyone moans that there's too much white on the current kit so if we had it reversed there would be even more white to moan about.
    Couldn't agree more.

Frankly I don't care what combination of colours Southend, Dundee Utd (different league anyway) or Peterborough (home) use in the same rugby league style as ours, it's having EXACTLY the same away kit, and paying more for it that galls me...
  • Options
    I think where we are at the moment that we are not going to get a unique kit. Whatever kit we wear some fans will love it and some will hate it.

Even if there was a poll to decide we would still disagree.

Usual likes/dislikes - round neck/v neck, white trim/no trim, white shorts/red shorts, plain red socks/red socks with white tops/hooped socks etc

If we were running away with the league and playing scintillating football then maybe no one would moan about the kit or maybe not as we all like a moan about something.
  • Options
    I agree with you iaitch, but a crap kit is a crap kit, whichever way you look at it...
  • Options
    I like the Barcelona style kit for it is very different.

In a rank way!
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

So from the back our home kit would be completely white with red sleeves? Have a laugh
  • Options
    I think Southampton have made their own kits this year.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I like the Barcelona style kit for it is very different.

In a rank way!

Except for it being a (nasty) Barcelona kit, that is... ;-)