Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sons of Anarchy

2»

Comments

• brilliant show, the cover of ruby Tuesday is actually sung by gemma teller real katey sagal, my fave season was 3 in Ireland really enjoyed that. had a great ending aswell.
  • Agreed that the Belfast season was a bit odd, but it only gets better after that so enjoy!

One thing I never realised until I'd finished SoA was that it was created and produced by Kurt Sutter who also plays Otto. And in real life he's married to Katey Segal (Gemma Teller)!
  • Agreed that the Belfast season was a bit odd, but it only gets better after that so enjoy!

One thing I never realised until I'd finished SoA was that it was created and produced by Kurt Sutter who also plays Otto. And in real life he's married to Katey Segal (Gemma Teller)!

He's also behind the recent Southpaw film too which was pretty good - similar themes to SoA (different context of course).
  • se9addick said:

Agreed that the Belfast season was a bit odd, but it only gets better after that so enjoy!

He's also behind the recent Southpaw film too which was pretty good - similar themes to SoA (different context of course).
    Ahhh didn't know that either!

He also created The Shield which is defiunitley worth watching if you haven't done so already. There is some cross-over, e.g. two of the gangs from SoA also appear in The Shield (One-Niners and the Latinos)
  • Yeah the Belfast season was aids. Absolutely brilliant show apart from that.
  • se9addick said:

Agreed that the Belfast season was a bit odd, but it only gets better after that so enjoy!

Ahhh didn't know that either!

He also created The Shield which is defiunitley worth watching if you haven't done so already. There is some cross-over, e.g. two of the gangs from SoA also appear in The Shield (One-Niners and the Latinos)
    And most of the actors.
  • My favourite show of all time. Absolutely loved it, so much that I got the grim reaper tattooed on my arm!
  • Great series. Well worth a watch. On the last series, don't want it to end!!!
  • Great series. Well worth a watch. On the last series, don't want it to end!!!

It's a perfect ending
  • Sponsored links:

• Stopped watching it after the guff that was season 3. Loads of LA luvvies prancing around with the worst 'Oirish' accents I've ever heard. Utterly ridiculous plot which was bordering on farcical.

Went back to it after the box sets appeared on Sky and thankfully it has picked up again. Currently 4 episodes in to season 7.
  • I don't get the hatred for the Irish season, it wasn't amazing but it still had some good moments. One thing that I was a bit surprised at was that with so many British actors on the show you'd think one of them would have pointed out to the director how appalling some of the accents were.
  • mrbligh said:

Great series. Well worth a watch. On the last series, don't want it to end!!!

It's a perfect ending
    It was near perfect. There was just one part I absolutely hated in the last episode.

• Kurt Sutter said:
    eventually on Sons it became, 'How do I make yet another chase scene different and interesting?' You just get a little burned out."
    I wonder if the pun was intended?
  • Just finished it.

Very good television

Some really brutal scenes throughout, I can forgive the dodgy accents
  • i wont deny that i'm enjoying this series, or is it that there's nothing else on?
    but i do say, i'm now on series 6, the story lines are getting pretty hilarious and a little ridiculous.

will this post now mean, they'll pay me a visit or will it be just that bitch gemma, who makes me disappear?
  • Damon Pope will hear about this
  • Enjoyed sons of anarchy.

*Minor Spoilers Alert* (but not really that much)

Quite like the fact that Kurt Sutter openly admitted he purposely used a lot of Hamlet references for the core of the story. Both stories obviously surround a lot of death and tragedy but there are still deeper meanings.

Few interesting facts:

Kurt Sutter (creator) and Katy Sagal (plays Gemma Teller) are husband an wife.

Kurt Sutter plays Otto in the show (who er conclusively has quite a particularly rough time)

Hope they actually do the spin off prequel.

• Carter said:

Damon Pope will hear about this

too late he's been wasted.
  • Sponsored links:

• I notice that the spin off/prequel Mayans MC is on BBC iplayer. Anybody watched the 1st series yet?
  • Its ok.

Not as good as Sons but as a massive SOA fan it was never gonna be as good(without characters like Jax, Clay,Opie,Juice and the other sons).

Great that they got Emilio Rivera to reprise his role from Sons as Marcus Alvarez and a nice cameo from Katey Sagal as well.

• True it has a lot to live up to, im a massive fan of SOA also. Thanks for the info i will give it a try later in the week.
    What sort of time era is it set in compared to SOA? It must be not too long after if Alvarez is in it
  • True it has a lot to live up to, im a massive fan of SOA also. Thanks for the info i will give it a try later in the week.
    What sort of time era is it set in compared to SOA? It must be not too long after if Alvarez is in it

Its not that long after, they do mention Jax and his death, so you wouldnt have thought it was to long after(I read that Kurt Sutter said it was about 2015, so probably under a year from SOA)
  • Thanks for the heads up on the new series. Loved Sons so looking forward to this.
  • Sons of anarchy was brilliant, I'm 1 and a half episodes in. I had no idea bbc2 had picked it up and stumbled upon the first episode after the boxing on Saturday half way through so I know the main character is EZ the prospect and I've worked out who the president is, I know Alvarez and I'm work in out who the others are. I started just as one of the sons of anarchy whom I recognised but couldn't name said goodbye to the Mayans

I'm glad they haven't toned down the visceral violence and I like the main actor, beyond that I haven't been pulled in. Plenty of time yet though