Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Is he on leave?
  • Options
    Badger said:

Is he on leave?

he bloody well should be. the guy has obviously lost it.
  • Options
    Oh dear. Trying (and failing) to be normal. Takes me back to William Hague at Thorpe Park in a baseball cap.
  • Options
    This has cost the Tories credibility and a few more votes .. what a desperate man he must be .. as Callum put it .. w t f
  • Options

The man is a moron and to think that that idiot was put in charge if our children's education makes me really angry.

He's not a teacher is he?
  • Options
    Was that some kind of cgi mock up or something? Surreal.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Was that some kind of cgi mock up or something? Surreal.

the Muppets meet Spitting Image
  • Options
    What a plum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah cos if I saw a creepy old pervert in my garden the first thing I would do is find out his favourite Game Of Thrones character.
  • Options
    Well he will certainly get my vote.
  • Options

The man is a moron and to think that that idiot was put in charge if our children's education makes me really angry.

He thinks he is.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Michael Gove falls on his brain.

http://youtu.be/HAqyf7a4xFM
  • Options

He thinks he is.
    Listen, I have seen Waterloo Road, Bad Education and Big School, I know my education and he is nowhere near crazy enough to be an educator, is he?
  • Options
    clearly a couple of mates who've made this video and posted it on youtube, nothing that doesn't happen across the world. The only thing is, this one's in our government.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    "What's that over there? I don't remember planting any vegetables."
  • Options
    Ed Miliband memorising Eastenders facts and then regurgitating them to Danny Dyer without ever watching Eastenders. What planet are these people from?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Dannyaddick
    Really?
    You are a primary school teacher.
    A flag?
    Has there been a sense of humour by-pass?
  • Options

Dannyaddick
    Really?
    A flag?
    Has there been a sense of humour by-pass?

Wear it with honour Arthur. Like an ASBO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought you meant the garden of England, Kent. He and his mates are all over Rochester at the moment promising wondrous things to try and win the election there. As usual they think we are mugs, but I suspect that their behaviour is likely to drive even more people towards UKIP.
  • Options
    As far as I can tell it is a member of the ruling class rubbing it in that I can't afford SKY but he can. He is considerably richer than me!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    seth plum said:

As far as I can tell it is a member of the ruling class rubbing it in that I can't afford SKY but he can. He is considerably richer than me!

Is that a joke without a smiley or a serious comment ?
  • Options
    Pretty surreal stuff there.
  • Options

Except he managed to raise standards further than at any time in 20 years.
    And I hate the man

Bizarre suggestion, with no evidence.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Is that a joke without a smiley or a serious comment ?
    Forgot the smiley.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Uboat said:

Except he managed to raise standards further than at any time in 20 years.
    And I hate the man

Bizarre suggestion, with no evidence.
    Have you been delivering the new GCSE English syllabus then?
    Or understood why the amount of coursework that has been removed from courses?
    Or the increase in BTEC options and the real drive to increase apprenticeship uptake?
    OK then, it may be an arguable statement (rather than bizarre), but even the most rabid anti gove teacher - and I have to listen to a couple of them every weekend, accept that there has been incresased rigour in the nature of exam courses and more options for those who are less academic and more practical.

Can't recall hearing about any other drive since the mid 1990's, can you?
  • Options
    If you've found an English teacher who rates Gove, then that is an impressive achievement.
    His goal of getting teenage boys to appreciate Jane Austin hasn't gone down that well, generally.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Fairyn Nuff - but according to my hugely anti Gove source, Jane Austen has been on the GCSE radar non stop since they were first created.....
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    From the BBC today
    "Fewer pupils got five go
    od GCSEs, including English and maths, this year than last year, amid major changes to the exams system.

Some 52.6% of pupils in England reached the government's new five A*-C benchmark, official statistics show.

When a bigger range of vocational exams and all GCSE entries were included in this measure of school accountability, 59.2% of pupils made the grade in 2013.

Officials said major reforms made it hard to compare results year on year.

These include a move to cut thousands of vocational qualifications from school performance measures and the decision that only a student's first attempt at a GCSE will count in the league tables.

This last move was aimed at reducing the number of pupils repeatedly taking GCSEs when they were not ready."

Also, I see that they claim to have created 1.8 million extra apprenticeships during this parliament the biggest expansion in apprentices since the 1950s.