Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Bournemouth vs Charlton Ath | Sat 18th October 2014 | Match Preview and Predictions

AFC Ballmouth vs Charlton Athletic
3pm Kick-Off
Referee – James Linington

INTRODUCTION

England’s rather flat performances against San Marino and Estonia, could also be used as an example for Charlton’s recent showings- not pretty, but effective.

However, a point against Birmingham just before the international break could be a game that is looked back on at the end of the season as dropped points.

Despite that, the Addicks are still unbeaten in the league and will hope to continue this run on Saturday.

Bournemouth will be without a certain Yann Kermorgant, who is suspended following a red-card against Bolton. Having said that, they are more than capable of getting a good result without the inspirational Frenchman.

THE OPPOSITION

Eddie Howe’s side have had a solid start to their season and currently see themselves in 11th place and only four points adrift from the play-off spots.

The Cherries defeated Bolton Wanderers 2-1 at the Macron stadium, in their last match before the international break, thanks to a brace from summer signing Callum Wilson.

Wilson is not the only Bournemouth player that Charlton should be wary of.

In goal, Artur Boruc, on loan from Southampton, will be between the sticks and at right-back, Simon Francis should face his old side.

Another ex-Addick that may start is Harry Arter, and if so, he’ll occupy the middle of midfield.

ONE TO WATCH – CALLUM WILSON

My player to watch this week is 22-year-old striker: Callum Wilson.

The young English forward joined Bournemouth from Coventry in the summer, on a four-year-deal for an estimated fee of around £3 million.

Despite the hefty price tag, Wilson has excelled in the opening few months at the Goldsands Stadium and has already scored six league goals this season – joint with a certain Igor Vetokele…

Wilson’s pace and strength as well as his finishing ability will mean that Bikey and Ben Haim will have to be on top form to stop him.

LINE-UP

Well the international break would have given Bob Peeters a lot to think about heading into this fixture.

A back-five of: Henderson in goal, Solly, Bikey, Ben Haim and Wiggins in defence, is likely to return following Ben Haim’s absence in the Birmingham fixture to observe Yom Kippur.

In midfield, Johann Gudmundsson may be fit to start again after a knee injury which ruled him out of action for Iceland last week.

If Gudmundsson does return, then Frederic Bulot may be dropped while Jordan Cousins could be drifted back out to the left to accommodate Buyens and Jackson in the middle.

However, if Peeters opts for a 4-5-1, then Bulot may take a wing-spot ahead of Lawrie Wilson, and Igor Vetokele will be up-front.

Alternatively, the Belgian boss could select a strike partner for Vetokele. If so, one of George Tucudean or Karlan Ahearne-Grant could start or Franck Moussa could be played just behind the main striker.

Charlton - Football tactics and formations

PREDICTION

It’s a tough one to call. Bournemouth isn’t an easy place to go to, but, I can see us grabbing a point at the Goldsands Stadium.

AFC Bournemouth 1-1 Charlton Athletic.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Prefered Nialls if im honest
  • Options

Must...not...bite......
  • Options

Must...not...bite......
    only joking fella. I reckon 1-1.
  • Options

Must...not...bite......
    only joking fella. I reckon 1-1.
    Phew. Saved yourself a flag there pal! Haha
  • Options
    radical changes (by Bob's standards) result in 4 - 3 defeat.

Entertainment v results war breaks out on CL.

Henderson

Solly Ben Haim Bikey Fox

Bulot Jackson Cousins Gudmunssen

Moussa

Vetokele
  • Options
    1 - 0
  • Options
    Back on the road again .. a point at least .. (sigh) ,, IF only our attack was as efficient as our defence
  • Options
    0-3 to BP's Red and too much White Army
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I don't want to see Simon Francis, the best attacking right back in the championship, (all true)
    I want to see Simon Francis replicate his CAFC defending. ( Solly's a much better defender)

I don't want to see Harry Arter run us ragged like last August.
    I want to see the lad that was released from CAFC because he was not good enough. (maybe a mistake)

We had no legs in midfield last season at Dean court, Gower and Hughes, with Pritchard stuck out on wing.

The last two seasons we've had so many worldy scored against us, that i lost count.

This season the opposition has been more, couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo,

High scoring draw If they score first 3-3

Low scoring draw if we score first 1-1

We have more draws than M + S
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well Saturday is my birthday so we'll lose 3-0. Sorry to anyone going.
  • Options
    Can't see us winning this one, 2-0 to them.
  • Options
    Can't see beyond etc etc
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Options
    Think we will win narrowly
  • Options
    Was thinking the time to stick a few quid on a defeat had arrived, only to find Sky Bet has Bournemouth to win as the shortest odds in the entire division. WTF? Don't they know we are unbeaten and Bournemouth are bottom third? They actually fancy Blackpool to win at Huddersfield more than us to win. So let's stick one up 'em Mr Mainwaring and win this one.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    1-1 . usual story. we take the lead early on then pass it around the back four for an hour then eventually we capitulate.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options

The powers that be have deemed Niall's excellent preview was not up to standard and have probably told Stubley to rectify it immediately:)

Re the game, after seeing the dismissive odds we've been given above, let's do 'em. 2-0 us. Vetokele and Bulot
  • Options
    Haven't got a score prediction right all season, 1-2 charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1 for me, but would love all 3 points........match thread from 2 pm
  • Options
    Gonna be my Birthday this Saturday (Still never seen us play on my Birthday @ the Valley) but reckon it'll be a 1-1 draw.

Bikey and Ben-Haim to struggle against a Pacey Strike Force (Kinda like Wolves again)
  • Options

Gonna be my Birthday this Saturday (Still never seen us play on my Birthday @ the Valley) but reckon it'll be a 1-1 draw.

Bikey and Ben-Haim to struggle against a Pacey Strike Force (Kinda like Wolves again)

If it's anything like the home game I saw on my birthday it'll be worth the wait.

19th November 2001. 4-4 with West Ham.

Happy Birthday for Saturday.
  • Options

Blimey! I knew you were alright. ;-)
  • Options
    After 2 correct scores in a row I will play Match Day Live on Fifa tonight and put my score on here, see if I can make it 3 out of 3
  • Options

After 2 correct scores in a row I will play Match Day Live on Fifa tonight and put my score on here, see if I can make it 3 out of 3

What difficulty are you playing on..?
  • Options
    why does Henry think Fox will start?

For me - a back's to the wall, smash and grab 2-1 away win.
  • Options
    1-0 to the Arsenal Charlton
    Igor "Killer" to the rescue
  • Options
    First loss of the season, 2-1.