Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Church watch tonight!

Thought it deserved it's own thread. I've just started watching the Wales Bosnia game. We're 13 mins into the 2nd half and he's yet to touch the ball (in this half). Has put his hand up to claim a throw in though. Stay with me for more

Comments

• Don't think he touched the ball all game
  • More international caps than league caps this season?
  • Church hate is getting boring now. Up front alone he will never be a threat but put someone alongside like Igor and he causes problems see Brighton away...

So, going by your statement, you're saying that BP is a bad judge of a player, as he's obviously over looking Church in favour of Ahearne-Grant?
  • 'Ol Spongefoot ought to be careful. All these appearances for Wales are just raising public awareness of him.....and opening himself up to being sued under the trade descriptions act....
  • Sponsored links:

• Churchy will come good....
  • The constant references to 'Brighton away' are tedious when you consider all he did was help make one goal. The FORTY plus awful games clearly are irrelevant....

And it's not 'Church hate'....the original poster kindly volunteered himself for Spongewatch, and subsequently nothing happened.
  • Haven't seen him have 40 plus awful games!
  • Haven't seen him have 40 plus awful games!

Can you tell me how many good games he has had?
  • What is the point of this and all the other Church threads

He tries his best but isn't good enough and we now have better players keeping him out of the team

I have seen a lot worse over the years and some that have cost us a lot more money

The constant digging at the bloke is tedious

This!
    He has eight months left on his contract and a 0% chance of staying beyond that.
    In this case I'm going to move on before the player does!

• cafctom said:

Haven't seen him have 40 plus awful games!

Can you tell me how many good games he has had?

Five times placed in the top three marks last season and once MOM

• What were those games out of curiosity? I'm going to guess Birmingham away, Doncaster at home and Barnsley away were three of them. Maybe Oxford in the League Cup if we are counting that.

So a player who plays in a gamechanging position, who we rely on to swing results in our favour by scoring goals had 5 games where he was OK/decent and one where he stood out? That is out of 39 league games.

Maybe my earlier statement was harsh. Lets call it 30 awful games.
  • Sponsored links:

• With Church about to be shipped out on loan and then sold it's probably a good time for the persistent whingers on here to start looking for their next target? The Site itself is becoming a bit depressing with the 'anti' threads on Keane, Pietersen, Rooney, Terry et al. Even the good news/neutral threads seem to go to poo with people's negative comments. Just saying..................
  • My money's on Wilson again (for some reason). Baaaa....
  • From a playing aspect I would say that aside from Kermo and Igor, extremely few forwards have shone in a Charlton shirt in recent years due mainly to a lack of service and poor attacking football. I would like to see how he performs in a good side. My Reading pal liked him a lot.
    As for the constant taking the p*ss out of the guy (I'm not entirely innocent myself), enough's enough. I hope he has a strong mental character, because he is obviously very professional, a trier and is conscientious about his work.
    I know that if I were to read this crap about myself on a public forum it would make me extremely depressed. There has been enough publicity recently about depression in football to make people think twice about posting such stuff, but obviously some people are either oblivious or just don't care.
  • We will get rid of him and he will start scoring goals for a league 2 team and then everyone will go crazy that we let him go.
  • Huskaris said:

We will get rid of him and he will start scoring goals for a league 2 team and then everyone will go crazy that we let him go.

No they wont, trust me....

• Huskaris said:

We will get rid of him and he will start scoring goals for a league 2 team and then everyone will go crazy that we let him go.

No they wont, trust me....

Some people are saying he should be in the team now and we haven't even lost a game.
  • I like Church tries hard and shows potential at times. Shame it hasn't really worked for him.
  • For some reason my i-phone just kept freezing every time I tried to update this thread on Friday evening. Basically, after my first comment, he held Gareth Bale's wrist whilst Johnny Williams was down injured, chased a ball into the corner and then almost got on the end of a Bale cross. He then got subbed.

I didn't see starting this thread as having another dig at him personally. Was just interested to see how he performed for Wales. Granted it was a slightly sarcastic opening post and with everything else that has been written about him on here maybe I should've thought about how it might come across.

• Oh dear, he may have a dislocated shoulder.