Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fifa or pro Evo?

Comments

• Options
    Ive ordered it but cant wait to play as South East London Reds and storm Division 1.The demo was brilliant.
    I've signed up for PES Universe, £10 for the year and they guarantee to provide all kits and updates. There is also PES World who I believe provide free updates, but they havent released anything yet.

I couldn't wait, plus I'm happy to contribute £10 to somebodys' hard work, especially if I'm also benefitting from it.

They've already brought out the championship, PL, La Liga and a few others.

Just waiting on them to do the data update tonight (as Charlton still has Aribo playing for them lol WTF), and then I can get proper up and running. It really looks a great game, and like you I was thoroughly impressed with the demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhgkgFrBGps

I don't know how to embed the video in here, so provided the link to show you guys the example :)
    How does that work? Do you have to do any messing about or does it automatically configure it for you?
  • Options
    ads said:
    Ive ordered it but cant wait to play as South East London Reds and storm Division 1.The demo was brilliant.
    I've signed up for PES Universe, £10 for the year and they guarantee to provide all kits and updates. There is also PES World who I believe provide free updates, but they havent released anything yet.

I couldn't wait, plus I'm happy to contribute £10 to somebodys' hard work, especially if I'm also benefitting from it.

Just waiting on them to do the data update tonight (as Charlton still has Aribo playing for them lol WTF), and then I can get proper up and running. It really looks a great game, and like you I was thoroughly impressed with the demo.

I don't know how to embed the video in here, so provided the link to show you guys the example :)
    How does that work? Do you have to do any messing about or does it automatically configure it for you?
    It is quite simple mate, you download the file from their members hub onto a USB.

Once you downloaded it, you can then plug it into your ps4 and update the files with quite simply a click of a button.

Check this video out mate, maybe this will give you an idea. I know its a 20min video but it can mostly be skipped. Good to watch and get a full insight though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciTSBzsTR3g

Bear in mind this is for ps4 only, not sure about PC but no doubt theres video's for that too. :)

• Options
    ads said:

It is quite simple mate, you download the file from their members hub onto a USB.

Once you downloaded it, you can then plug it into your ps4 and update the files with quite simply a click of a button.

Check this video out mate, maybe this will give you an idea. I know its a 20min video but it can mostly be skipped. Good to watch and get a full insight though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciTSBzsTR3g

Bear in mind this is for ps4 only, not sure about PC but no doubt theres video's for that too. :)

That's great, thanks. Did it a few years ago with another provider for PS4 but took ages, this looks better. Cheers
  • Options
    PES for absolute sure... the last few years have been great but this year it's gone to another level... PESUniverse is definitely the way to go for all the proper kits your get the full gear all three on the option file... 

And we get all the updated transfers...

I beefed up the stats a bit for a couple of the players to give myself a chance on MasterLEague but still lost 2 games out of the first 5 ... I cannot get a win away for love nor money... 

It's seriously good this year ... you've got to go deep tactically this year for sure... 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    They completely nerfed crossing and headers in PES 2019, how are they looking in 2020 now?
  • Options
    I’ve downloaded both demos. I know they’re not a he finished article yet, but for once I’m edging ever so slightly towards PES. Always been a FIFA man. Don’t know. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    James86 said:
    I’ve downloaded both demos. I know they’re not a he finished article yet, but for once I’m edging ever so slightly towards PES. Always been a FIFA man. Don’t know. 
    I played the fifa demo last night, found it basically the same as '19, but gameplay was considerably slower? Only played 2 games and saw a complete blunder from Courtois in goal so I guess the GK's havent improved that much.

PES absolutely trumped it for me this year on the gameplay front.
  • Options
    @DoctorCharlton I struggled to score last night on FIFA. You’re right with the keepers. Lloris made a hash of an easy shot. The play is slower. Control seems better. More silky flicks etc. I’ll stick my PS4 on now have a couple more games of both and then see. I’m usually buzzing for release day but this year no. Same old EA Sports really. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I might have to download both tonight, generally I am Fifa. Don't spend a penny on FUT and usually can build up a team, just depends whether I get much chance to play it. Only game I really play, I had Pro Evo and Fifa early doors but I thought Fifa was the clear winner, not really tried in the last 5-6 years
  • Options
    I don’t play either religiously, but when I have mates over for a poker night we always play PES before as the gameplay, especially multiplayer, is so much better. Feels much more ‘real’.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    After all these years of being a FIFA and Ultimate Team addict, the shoddy gameplay and money grabbing Ultimate Team has made me convert to PES for the first time since PES6.

Anybody else picked up PES yet?
    Just interested to know why u think FUT has become money grabbing mate?

I actually think with the SBCs, last season u could get whatever team u wanted without spending any real coin. Easy to amass in game currency. 

I spent more time playing PES in the 90s than any other activity including sleeping probably! But until they sort out the ball dynamics (rolls like on glass) fifa still streets ahead for me
    In div 1 and Elite 2+ on FUT you basically had to have icons or all the META players otherwise you couldnt compete. you'd get blown away. I would regularly get elite 3 with around a 3m coin team, but that just isnt good enough at the highest level.

You do an SBC to get a player, and a month or so down the line they'd bring another card out who is slightly higher, sinking another 500k into another untradeable, and when the next best card comes out, you have to sink another 500k to get the card.

Every week its promo after promo after promo. Constantly trying to get me to spend money, which at my level basically is required to compete. I did however join a discord with a FUT trader and made coins from that, but it takes a lot of time and time I'm not willing to commit to this season.

Icon SBCs were released and people did them, then they brought out prime moment icons and screwed everyone over. Yes you could submit your icon into the prime moment icon but it still cost another mil to get the prime icon.

Also if a player is a high dribbler, like Neymar for example. You can tackle him but the ball just bounces around and ends up back at his feet again lol like wtf is that.

If you have time, take a look at Kurt0411 on youtube. He attends the pro events so he knows his stuff, I think his outlook on the game sums up how a lot of people feel about FIFA at the moment.

Thanks for the response mate

Sorry, my comment is not relevant to you cause u must be CLASS

Elite 1 - sure different gravy. A shit player cant beat a good one no matter the team but if it's even-ish, i agree, you have no chance if your team is unbalanced.

I definitely will give u a game. You will destroy me but I might learn something!

One bit of background - there was all sorts of scandal at Pro level this year as someone found a hack which meant he spent 600 quid but got the equivalent of 10K. For me, at that level, its not a computer game it Esports.
  • Options
    I might have to download both tonight, generally I am Fifa. Don't spend a penny on FUT and usually can build up a team, just depends whether I get much chance to play it. Only game I really play, I had Pro Evo and Fifa early doors but I thought Fifa was the clear winner, not really tried in the last 5-6 years
    I was Konami from 1994-2011, with a few FIFAs in the early 2000s when Konami abandoned the Nintendo platform. ISS98 is, to me, the greatest football game of all time. 

Last year I bought PES but ended up asking for a refund because it was just not good enough. As lazy as EA have been with career mode, they’ve tweaked the game engine so much that it’s miles ahead of Konami’s, even if it is a bit too arcadey. And I so badly want to like PES. I’ll try again this year but I don’t hold out much hope. 
  • Options
    Gonna download both demos to give them a whirl, had no idea about this options file stuff as last time I played PES was probably 15 years ago!

What's the main benefits of gold over silver? It's not very clear on the site. Gold just looks like you get it earlier??
  • Options

I downloaded both demos, really not impressed with Pro Evo at all...

Not overly going to be rushing out to get fifa either but still feels like pro evo is miles behind. Really basic and seems like its still playing catch up.

Fifa looks ok, doubt much different than normal, but after playing both demos I know which I would rather. Probably buy next month or whenever as I don't play as much now

• Options
    Mates got PES, he's downloaded all the add-ons so its basically now fully licensed. Its so much better than FIFA.
  • Options
    Mates got PES, he's downloaded all the add-ons so its basically now fully licensed. Its so much better than FIFA.

How? Graphics looks poor, the general set up looks so basic too. So enlighten me please VG

I know sometimes its always going to be fifa/pro evo fan but based on the demos I have given them equal chance and still don't see me going Pro evo

• Options

How? Graphics looks poor, the general set up looks so basic too. So enlighten me please VG

I know sometimes its always going to be fifa/pro evo fan but based on the demos I have given them equal chance and still don't see me going Pro evo

The graphics aren't poor!?! Gameplay is what i want from a football game, especially multiplayer with mates.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fifa 20 is the most realistic version of the game I have played to date. Passing capability and pace are so important as the players that have poor pass ratings genuinely can pass too short, long, or make passes difficult to control. Was frustrated first few games I played as was used to last year’s but already much prefer its realistic gameplay. Goalkeeper spills are a bit annoying though as you have no real control over it. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I’m not smart enough with programming to know what they’ve done, but there’s something about the ball physics on FIFA this year that remind me of the ISS days. 
  • Options
    Last best Pro Evo was 4, Fifa surpassed it since which pains me to say as pro Evo 1 to 4 were just brilliant. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Pavo said:
    Fifa 20 is the most realistic version of the game I have played to date.  
    https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1174291986666283013?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    Fifa still going for realism then.
  • Options
    Reading comments.

PES has since been patched and many say it plays nothing like the demo, the feedback on Fifa appears to be hit and miss. EA have announced a release day patch already, many fearing it will make the game worse.

We shall see.
  • Options
    PES just isn’t on the same level as fifa, looks and plays like an old arcade game. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    PES just isn’t on the same level as fifa, looks and plays like an old arcade game. 
    You can't have played the latest one if you think that, even last years was more realistic, but each to their own. Look at the tweet above, if thats not 'arcade' i dunno what is.
  • Options
    You can't have played the latest one if you think that, even last years was more realistic, but each to their own. Look at the tweet above, if thats not 'arcade' i dunno what is.

You seem quite blinded , so I will not accept your arguments as valid.

I too agree it played like an arcade game and felt Fifa was more realistic, however we all know demos are not very accurate. It might be wait until both are released and have a game of both, but I also disagree with the gameplay better on Pro evo, that is the main reason I would buy it to play with my mates, each to their own I guess its about opinions and that's why still people buy both.

Any more good arguments for Fifa vs Pro? (bias aside ideally)

• Options
    edited September 2019

You seem quite blinded , so I will not accept your arguments as valid.

I too agree it played like an arcade game and felt Fifa was more realistic, however we all know demos are not very accurate. It might be wait until both are released and have a game of both, but I also disagree with the gameplay better on Pro evo, that is the main reason I would buy it to play with my mates, each to their own I guess its about opinions and that's why still people buy both.

Any more good arguments for Fifa vs Pro? (bias aside ideally)

You haven’t played past the demo but you’re not willing to accept my argument, lovely.