Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stag-do advice

I know we have done this to death on the forum but considering time and posters change I thought i'd give it another go:

Looking at my stag-do being Spring 2016.

I follow England so have done a fair few places down the years which helps with deciding but makes it harder getting somewhere new/different.

Group will be about 12 to 15 - we all like football (some normal lads, some plastics), all like a good drink/laugh and the ususal extras. I'd be happy to just drink but might need to throw in an activity or two to keep the people who get bored doing one thing happy. No stupid fancy dress etc. Basically want an England away trip without loads of England numpties everywhere.

The initial shortlist consists of:

Hamburg - I've never been, always hear good reviews, close and cheap, could take in a game.
Dusseldorf - As above but been before - great for a drinking sesh but does it offer more?
Belfast - Never been and always wanted to. Maybe a bit too 'normal' - likely shit weather!
Prague - A usual suspect, never been, hear it's no longer cheap unsurprisingly. Worthwhile or over-rated??
Bucharest - One of the best old towns for drinking i've ever been, cheap once there / amazing women / much else to do?
Krakow - Been before and loved it, would probably offer some decent activities too / Interesting
Lisbon - Never been, heard decent reviews, probably some nice weather, close, Any advice?
Belgrade - Never been - Seems to be the place that's still 'undiscovered' by the masses / decent nightlife I hear / Would a group of English lads go down well? Any other advice?
Riga - Going next week before Estonia away so will scout it then.
Tel-Aviv - Gutted I missed the England game there in 05 - Meant to be the nuts but doubt any of the other halves would agree to it (or most of us lads but can't admit that).

Done Munich, Amsterdam and Barcelona (and various citys in England) for stag's before - all decent but would like somewhere different.

Any advice on any of the above would be helpful or any other additions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Huddersfield or Swansea obviously
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    sorry didn't see you said Amsterdam, ignore me
  • Options
    Always enjoyed Belfast. Most locals really friendly, great pubs, fit women etc etc.

Hamburg and Krakow quite different but very good shouts also.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Huddersfield or Swansea obviously

Well yeah of course but when I tried getting a hotel room - sold out years in advance mate ;)
  • Options
    Prague is decent. Typical stag destination - Goldfingers is the best night out you'll ever have...
  • Options
    Yes Prague is a quality stag do place and as Tom says goldfingers is worth a visit , birds are unbo , but there are better places than that I reckon .K5 for one

Lisbon is great too but more bars/club than anything else , did n't you go in 2004 ?

i recommend going somewhere you have nt been to as well . Enjoy
  • Options
    Lisbon is a cracking city, with cool bars and restaurants. Went with the Mrs, so don't know if it would suit really lairy types, but I really liked it there.

Riga is a nice, pretty city and not as dirt cheap as you'd hope (but still pretty cheap) though I think the locals are a bit fed up of Stag dos. I went on one there, and we had trouble getting into some places, even though we were well behaved. I got to shoot a Magnum though! Prague is a great city and so is Krackow, you know the score. Consider Budapest as well.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Prague is decent. Typical stag destination - Goldfingers is the best night out you'll ever have...

Is that the place with the 'cat walk'? And the menus of what you want on the tables?
  • Options
    went Goldfingers back in about 2002.
    Picture sign on the door stating No Cameras, No Guns !!!

Seem to remember theme from ferris Bueller blaring out in there.

• Options
    Done a lot of research into Tel Aviv and also Beirut. Both sound fantastic, but apparently takes a lot of time clearing security coming in and going out. Out of 12 to 15 blokes there's bound to be at least one of you that has a stamp in his passport that the customs blokes aren't keen on. Plus if you book it a few months in advance anything could have happened by the time you're due to travel. Not practical for a stag do.

What about Istanbul or Zagreb?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Done a lot of research into Tel Aviv and also Beirut. Both sound fantastic, but apparently takes a lot of time clearing security coming in and going out. Out of 12 to 15 blokes there's bound to be at least one of you that has a stamp in his passport that the customs blokes aren't keen on. Plus if you book it a few months in advance anything could have happened by the time you're due to travel. Not practical for a stag do.

What about Istanbul or Zagreb?

I don't think Tel Aviv was ever realistic tbh - should have done it in 05 really. Shame as my mates said it was the best England away trip they've done.
    Vowed i'd never go to Turkey after Leeds in 2000 - Ignorant/stupid etc? Maybe but i intend to stick by my principles.
    Did Zagreb very briefy in 06 with England. Didn't see enough of the place to judge but worth looking into now you mention it.

Cheers,
  • Options

cafctom said:

Is that the place with the 'cat walk'? And the menus of what you want on the tables?
    You've got it.
  • Options
    Shag said:

Yes Prague is a quality stag do place and as Tom says goldfingers is worth a visit , birds are unbo , but there are better places than that I reckon .K5 for one

Lisbon is great too but more bars/club than anything else , did n't you go in 2004 ?

i recommend going somewhere you have nt been to as well . Enjoy

I didn't Shag - blasted ACCA exams at the time!! Just wondered if it's stag territory or not - sounds like it could be. i like the appeal of some nice warm weather too for outdoor drinking etc.
  • Options
    Bucharest is probably the best stag do I've been on. Ridiculously cheap food and beer and beautiful women. All you need.
  • Options
    Interesting Colthe3rd - I had two nights there either side of Moldova away and had probably the best two nights (Mon & Wed too) out ever! My England mates are begging me to go there! Amazing old town. Wondered if we were just lucky at the time so keen to hear of others who have been.

When did you go? And who did you fly with? Sure our flights were expensive but probably cos lots of England were flying there.
    Was there anything to do other than drinking/partying? Did you stay in the Old town? How many of you?

Sorry for all the questions!!
  • Options
    Don't do it. It will only end in tears - and that's before the wedding let alone the divorce.
  • Options
    That's the spirit
  • Options

Interesting Colthe3rd - I had two nights there either side of Moldova away and had probably the best two nights (Mon & Wed too) out ever! My England mates are begging me to go there! Amazing old town. Wondered if we were just lucky at the time so keen to hear of others who have been.

When did you go? And who did you fly with? Sure our flights were expensive but probably cos lots of England were flying there.
    Was there anything to do other than drinking/partying? Did you stay in the Old town? How many of you?

Sorry for all the questions!!

No problem.

Went 4 years ago i think. Flew with Lufthansa which meant a change in Germany but the unlimited free Warsteiners helped. Think it cost £150 for two nights, flights and hotel. A guy that went did a fair bit of work over there and new some locals who showed us some great places to go at night (sorry but I can't remember the names). Ate at a place that was like a themed medieval castle, sounds terrible but was brilliant. Basically they bring you out these long wooden boards filled with meat and you drink out of tankards. Went to a great rooftop bar as well, seemed like it was a studenty place but again great fun.

During the day we mainly just explored the city. Hired a couple of rowing boats and peddleos and went round a lake in a park (with a few beers of course). Went up to the people's palace which is just mind bogglingly massive but it's a little dull. Think there were 6 went then a few Romanian people joined us.
  • Options
    You know 3 of your party are gonna miss out as they are not members of Stag Gold and have not been on 3 previous stags that year.
  • Options

Don't do it. It will only end in tears - and that's before the wedding let alone the divorce.

I was once given some very heart-felt advice by a colleague.

"Instead of getting married, then divorced, just find a woman you don't like and buy her a house, it's cheaper".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    VEGAS!!!!!
  • Options
    Benidorm
  • Options
    DO NOT listen to anything cafc1263 says
  • Options
    Blimey, things have moved on from my day when it was a choice of the 3B's

Blackpool
    Bournemouth
    Brighton
  • Options
    Just take all your mates up the oxo tower.
  • Options
    Honestly, bugger it all and go Vegas, you wont regret it if you haven't been.
    Just did it for mine and it was everything and a little bit more.
  • Options
    Re Vegas - got a trip planned there with mates for our 30ths.

Plus the cost and distance would rule people out of the stag and it's more Important everyone can make it than where we go.
  • Options
    I am off to Prague tomorrow for my mates stag so i will report back on Tuesday.... my stag is in March next year and we are off to Vegas!
  • Options
    Ljubljana, Slovenia?

Or, are you going there, next June for the qualifier?
  • Options
    Good shout Hornchurch!
    I probably won't do the qualifiers due to stag/wedding costs etc.
    Have you been? Anyone else? Cheers.