Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK - Norwich 0-1 Charlton

Many thanks to the 22 Lifers who gave their marks, averages as follows:

Bikey----------- 8.91 MoM
Ben Haim-------- 8.55
Henderson------- 8.34
Wiggins--------- 7.91
Wilson---------- 7.45
Gomez---------- 7.36
Jackson--------- 7.20
Cousins--------- 6.89
Vetokele-------- 6.68
Bulot----------- 6.50
Buyens--------- 6.39
Team--7.47

additional information is here: https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/bf/0e377f1b227f127a5bb44d933b4f30.pdf
this includes extra stats on each of our players who has received a mark in the Championship this season, I shall update this list after 5 more games

Please note that I have spelt Bikey's name wrong in the attachment and the system won't let me delete the file.

Comments

• Options
    Bikey really is a BEAST
  • Options
    Is Bikey's 8.91 a record?
  • Options
    surprised, we went away to the team top of the table won and got a clean sheet, yet the team as a whole never ever got 7.5
  • Options
    Only fitting that all of the top marks are with the defence!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Only fitting that all of the top marks are with the defence!

Yep and that while everyone is convinced about Vetokele, they are unsure about the midfield...Bulot only played a couple and I hope he fits in quickly...Buyens not as good as when he started according to some.
  • Options
    Buyens bottom, never would have thought that two weeks ago.
  • Options

Almost, but not quite:

9.17 Lee Martin - Peterborough Away 2010-11
    9.00 Rhoys Wiggins - Barnsley Away 2012-13
    8.96 Yann Kermorgant - Bristol City Away 2012-13
    8.95 Chris Solly - Chesterfield Away 2011-12
    8.91 Ben Hamer - Leeds Away 2013-14

Interesting that the top six player performances according to Statbank have all come away from home. Are we better away, or are our travelling fans more appreciative?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Almost, but not quite:

9.17 Lee Martin - Peterborough Away 2010-11
    9.00 Rhoys Wiggins - Barnsley Away 2012-13
    8.96 Yann Kermorgant - Bristol City Away 2012-13
    8.95 Chris Solly - Chesterfield Away 2011-12
    8.91 Ben Hamer - Leeds Away 2013-14

Interesting that the top six player performances according to Statbank have all come away from home. Are we better away, or are our travelling fans more appreciative?
    and you can add to that
    9.10 Lloyd Sam - Tranmere away 2009-10

with the exception of Peterborough and Bristol all other games are long distance matches where we tend to receive far fewer marks which can make a difference to the overall average
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The OPTA Mark puts the players in a similar order of merit to Lifers' marks, with one huge discrepancy: JJ, 15th of 18 in the Lifers' ranking, but third highest OPTA mark behind the very busy centre backs. It looks like JJ gets a high OPTA mark for doing a lot of hard work at both ends of the field that isn't fully appreciated by all fans. It's weird how high his OPTA mark is compared to Buyens (228 vs 80).

(No offence, but the 228 isn't a typo, is it?)
  • Options
    Mountsfield Park

no offence taken as I do make the occasional mistake :)

the figures are correct as taken from the Squawka web site.

I'm glad that you picked this up as I try not to comment on the stats but I did find this one surprising, but then again JJ was quite low in our marking last season but all 3 managers/coaches continually picked him, so perhaps they see something that we fans don't?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Managers and coaches see a prozone presentation complete with stats and action clips about two hours after a game. So they have the real thing to hand to influence their planning for the next training session.
    It's great that the average scores are roughly in line with the stats as it shows that 100 fans give a decent view of reality!
    I've not looked at the detail so far this season...I think the marks and stats against lower half teams will tell a story.
  • Options
    Just read Charlton have conceded 78% of thier goals in the second half.