Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Standing v Sitting

I know this is often discussed but nothing changes. Last night the persistant standers stopped many fans being able to watch the game which is grossly unfair. Their was a child unable to see and had to stand in the gangway but was told on more than one occasion not to but the stewards did very little to get the said fans sitting down. There was also a few elderly fans unable to see. I don't understand why fans who wish to stand don't specify seats at the back when ordering their tickets. This would enable everyone to be able to see which is only fair.

Comments

• Options
    You can't specify where you want to sit at away games, i believe they have to sell the tickets in order.
  • Options
    angrybird said:

I know this is often discussed but nothing changes. Last night the persistant standers stopped many fans being able to watch the game which is grossly unfair. Their was a child unable to see and had to stand in the gangway but was told on more than one occasion not to but the stewards did very little to get the said fans sitting down. There was also a few elderly fans unable to see. I don't understand why fans who wish to stand don't specify seats at the back when ordering their tickets. This would enable everyone to be able to see which is only fair.

Liven up mate, I'm sure people could move around a little bit in order to see. Standing creates a much better atmosphere and for me anyway it makes the game more enjoyable and feels like you're at a real football match around other passionate supporters.
  • Options
    angrybird said:

Surely your argument works boths ways. Why don't fans who wish to sit specify seats nearer the front.
  • Options
    Great. Best away result for since, well it's too long to remember and in true CL fashion someone starts this old one up again...
  • Options
    It's healthier to stand.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

You can't specify where you want to sit at away games, i believe they have to sell the tickets in order.

That's definitely the case.

We had to stand at times last night due to others standing in the next block & hence obscuring our view of the left hand corner of the pitch. But we remained seated as long as we were able to .

I did see a little girl in the next block at the end of the row and her view of the pitch would have been obscured during the majority of the match.

However, although we were told by stewards to sit in our ticketed seats, there WERE spaces to which she and her Dad( I think) could have moved.

Unfortunately, if the away end is sold out, this is not an option, although a "friendly "steward might be able to help.

If you don't ask....

Hope that helps.

• Options
    Davo55 said:

I don't think anyone felt obliged to sit in their "allocated" seat last night anyway. Me and my mate certainly didn't. There was enough empty seats to move into if anyone was obstructed or felt uncomfortable anyway.

By the way, I'm 59, my mate is 60 (still good looking b*stards tho ;-)) and we had some right noisy and standing gits all around us. Made it a bit of a different night from the usual sedate East Stand experience, and a bit of a laugh too.

There weren't any empty seats left! They got snapped up early by, in the main, the older and younger fans who couldn't see because people were standing!

Not got an issue with it when you are in an away end up north when only a couple of hundred have turned up or when you are at home in the North Upper. But when you are in a small enclosed area of seating that is, in the main, sold out people should be a little more respectful and considerate of the majority! But hey ho, modern attitudes etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014

Davo55 said:

I don't think anyone felt obliged to sit in their "allocated" seat last night anyway. Me and my mate certainly didn't. There was enough empty seats to move into if anyone was obstructed or felt uncomfortable anyway.

By the way, I'm 59, my mate is 60 (still good looking b*stards tho ;-)) and we had some right noisy and standing gits all around us. Made it a bit of a different night from the usual sedate East Stand experience, and a bit of a laugh too.

There weren't any empty seats left! They got snapped up early by, in the main, the older and younger fans who couldn't see because people were standing!

Not got an issue with it when you are in an away end up north when only a couple of hundred have turned up or when you are at home in the North Upper. But when you are in a small enclosed area of seating that is, in the main, sold out people should be a little more respectful and considerate of the majority! But hey ho, modern attitudes etc.
    There were 2 empty seats to my right throughout the whole of the 2nd half and one of them was an aisle seat

edit - and I was sat down for the majority of the game with a great view of the pitch, there were definitely a few empty seats dotted about
  • Options
    How big was the stand and how many did we have there ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

How big was the stand and how many did we have there ?

Big enough to be a snug fit and lots .

:-)

• Options
    masicat said:

Talal said:

It's healthier to stand.

Stand in front of me and I'll prove it isn't.
    Too scared to even go now
  • Options
    Try non-league. Down Margate with Maidstone last week I could not see the goal we were attacking at all 1st half - same for a lot of the crowd.

This always crops up. To the sitters out there - just be thankful you don't follow a club who stand on mass away from home every single game, like loads do.
  • Options
    Exactly they said sit! And yes you stood, at the expense of some fans being unable to see the game. Not exactly fair is it !
  • Options
    To be fair sit where you want ie unallocated is usually code for standing.
  • Options
    lol calm down I was near the back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take it you made that code up yourself !
  • Options
    :) I've never won an award before !
  • Options
    There is not a club in the country that could take 2000 to a local game like Brighton and sit throughout

• Options
    angrybird said:

I take it you made that code up yourself !

How far back did you sit then?
  • Options
    About halfway, could see most of the pitch just a small corner obscured. A lot worse for others around us.
  • Options
    Thought this was another South Eastern Trains thread.....
  • Options
    Talal said:

masicat said:

Talal said:

It's healthier to stand.

So you should be if you look like Ade Edmonson
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Talal said:

masicat said:

Talal said:

It's healthier to stand.

So you should be if you look like Ade Edmonson
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LjfkynJ4hbI