Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v San Marino, 9th October

I have never seen England in the flesh and have been persuaded to go to this. Having not been to Wembley since 1998, I would welcome any advice on a good place to go for a pre-match drink. Also, has anyone ever used the main stadium car-parks and if so, is it more trouble than it's worth? Thanks.

Comments

• I'm going too and wouldn't consider parking unless you don't mind getting home at some stupid hour in the morning.
    Take the tube - it's very well organised when you get there.
  • I'm going too and wouldn't consider parking unless you don't mind getting home at some stupid hour in the morning.

You mean you sit in your car going nowhere for ages?
  • Only been to the new Wembley once - drank in a pub next to Marylebone Station before jumping on the train - worked out fine, although I was crying for a piss on the packed train. The area around Wembley is a bit of a hole, I'd definitely drink in Central London beforehand or get off the tube a couple of stops early, Finchley or West Hampstead would both be ok I would have thought.
  • Uboat said:

I'm going too and wouldn't consider parking unless you don't mind getting home at some stupid hour in the morning.

You mean you sit in your car going nowhere for ages?
    Yep
  • I used to park in Kingsbury, which means you need to get a tube one stop towards London - the opposite way to which most people travel. I seem to recall that there was a half decent (or maybe a quarter decent) pub not too far from that station.
  • Cool. Cheers.
  • Most pubs are half empty these days and will be on that night I guess.

Most popular fans pub (atmosphere wise) round the ground is probably the Green Man - opposite side of the ground to Wembley way so use Wembley stadium (I think) station. Full of non day-trippers and plenty of northerners.Flags up etc etc.

Or Wembley high road (use Wembley Central) has the Bear and JJ Moons - both fine. My choice in recent years.

Wembley park side you have the Torch which is okay - left out the back of the station and few hundred yards up on the right.

There is a hotel ( i think Holiday Inn)under Wembley way to the right If looking at the ground that serves in glasses (rare) and it not too expensive.

Enjoy (I fear you won't!!)
  • Ha ha. We'll see. Cheers.
  • edited October 2014
    Definitely The Green Man, unless you cant walk uphill for 5 mins. As it's up a residential road, which is quite steep.
    It has a big car park, but you'd have to contact them re parking availability & any charge. See the link below.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/60/6056/Green_Man/Wembley
  • Wasn't planing on going to this. However 15 quid ticket and the chance to see Jonjo play for England. Too good to ignore
  • Sponsored links:

• I went to last Eng vs San Marino game. Haven't been back to Wembley since. Horrible experience.
  • The organiser has managed to like and lol above comment.
  • MrOneLung said:

The organiser has managed to like and lol above comment.

That's 'cos he's management... ;-)
  • Powers!!!
    I often do that (I think).