Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upbeats training session, Upbeats Party and Dog Show.

edited October 2014 in Not Sports Related
In a bid to make the title more informative, I've mentioned just about everything thats going on at Sparrows Lane on the 11th october between 1.00 and 2.30.
The Upbeats will be training between 1.00 and 2.00, after which they will retire to the Garden Area just outside the enclosed pitches (astroturf) for pizza and drinks etc cooked for them by Fanny and Curb_it
While this is happening Bailey and JJ will give (hopefully!!) a display of agility and obedience, followed by if I can get a big strong volunteer to handle Bailey and JJ a display of bitework. Anyone strong enough/confident enough to hold Baileys lead that can make the day please shout out. You will not come to any harm, purely holding the lead, I promise. Somewhere amongst all that we will no longer have the official opening of the Pierre Bolangi Memorial Garden, which has been lovingly tended by Mr and Mrs FF having seen it a couple of months ago when it looked stunning I can assure you the hard work has paid off. BDL will be there with his camera, I'm not sure he's answering questions ;) so if you can spare an hour or so come along to the training ground and say hello.image

Comments

• This sounds like a wonderful afternoon - those magnificent dogs, the show-stopping Upbeats and the beautiful Memorial Garden (I have seen pictures, including a before - it's an incredible creation).

Regrettably I'm already booked for England duty in Estonia that weekend. It is to be hoped, though, that as many as possible will support this most worthy occasion, which of course also gives the chance of seeing Sparrows Lane.
  • I'm still available for catering duties.
  • Are they in the dome or the outdoor pitch?
  • Astro turf pitches DM. Great stuff B.....
  • There will no longer be any official opening of the gardens due to circumstances beyond our control. :(
  • Sorry mate, would love to come along and meet/handle Bailey but I'll be in Portugal.
  • T.C.E said:

There will no longer be any official opening of the gardens due to circumstances beyond our control. :(

But any fans are welcome to come along to watch the Upbeats, meet Ray & his dogs, BDL , Curb_it & other Lifers whilst having a look/sit in the Memorial Garden whilst it still has some summer colour. We'd love to see you there.

• edited October 2014
    @ Dave Mehmet. Any chance you could help with the dogs this weekend, assuming you are coming of course. ;)
    Just holding onto them and digging your heels in is all that's involved.
  • T.C.E said:

@ Dave Mehmet. Any chance you could help with the dogs this weekend, assuming you are coming of course. ;)
    Just holding onto them and digging your heels in is all that's involved.

Can do mate but will have my little one to deal with too!
  • edited October 2014
    Last plug for this Saturday, come and say hello to the Upbeats. Take part in training with either the Upbeats or Bailey and JJ. Curb_it and Fanny's catering company will serving up some culinary delights and I dare say one or two light ales maybe consumed afterwards, Bailey whose slightly out of condition will be having fitness tests up to the last minute. ;)imageimageimage
  • Sponsored links:

• I dont think ill be having a light ale now sadly. Im driving.

See whoever is coming tomorrow.
  • Curb_It said:

I dont think ill be having a light ale now sadly. Im driving.

See whoever is coming tomorrow.

I'm driving if you want a lift B.
  • Thanks but I'm being good at the moment, boring.
  • See you there, sometime between 12.00 & 12.30
  • Good luck tomorrow TCE, sorry I can't be there to support.
  • Thanks Dan, I hope the Upbeats and their parents will enjoy watching a different side to what I do with my dogs. Yes, Bailey will be doing his normal bits but afterwards they will see some tracking although the weather could decide against that happening, some weave poles which hopefully the Upbeats will help with and lastly some bitework where I have trained both Bailey and JJ to chase the "baddy" (played by myself) and stop him escaping, by biting and holding his (my) arm.
  • edited October 2014
    T.C.E said:

Thanks Dan, I hope the Upbeats and their parents will enjoy watching a different side to what I do with my dogs. Yes, Bailey will be doing his normal bits but afterwards they will see some tracking although the weather could decide against that happening, some weave poles which hopefully the Upbeats will help with and lastly some bitework where I have trained both Bailey and JJ to chase the "baddy" (played by myself) and stop him escaping, by biting and holding his (my) arm.

Might be an idea to wear my nurse's outfit, Ray.....OUCH !

:-)

• T.C.E said:

Thanks Dan, I hope the Upbeats and their parents will enjoy watching a different side to what I do with my dogs. Yes, Bailey will be doing his normal bits but afterwards they will see some tracking although the weather could decide against that happening, some weave poles which hopefully the Upbeats will help with and lastly some bitework where I have trained both Bailey and JJ to chase the "baddy" (played by myself) and stop him escaping, by biting and holding his (my) arm.

Might be an idea to wear my nurse's outfit, Ray.....OUCH !

:-)

If your wearing that FF, I won't have any problems getting a volunteer to see how much pressure a dog exerts when biting. ;)

• Hope you have a great day.
  • Thank you to Terry, Dino and the Upbeats for once again being lovely hosts. Despite the downpour the smiles were out in abundance, nice to see Mr and Mrs FF, Curb_it, DaveMehmet and his lovely daughter and of course BDL taking the photos.
    Ray
  • Sponsored links:

• glad it went well mate
  • Well done all.
  • Pleased to hear it went well and disappointed not to have made it this time. Look forward to the next one. Good work by all involved.
  • Well done everyone. Do hope I've moved nearer before the next one, then will be there.
  • Are there any photos?
  • edited October 2014
    Go for it B. That's what money should be spent on IMHO

Let me know if they are still short and we'll do some auctions or something.
  • Curb_It said:

I'm Fanny! I'll remember that introduction for a while

Certainly made me laugh! (Nice to meet you FF)

Listening to how far parents come from and some of the journeys (3 buses) just goes to show how much the kids get out of it.

I even made it to the 2nd half of the Welling game.
  • But special thanks must go to T.C.E for the REALLY nice pizzas & for bringing his "boys" to delight the Upbeats once again.

Their smiles alone are well worth the effort made by all concerned today.

It's easy for the retired Fanackapans to donate their time but T.C.E, Curb_it and BDL lead busy lives and I'm sure their weekends are precious. Today showed just how much we all love our Club - and that's not just on the field of play.

And last but not least, I met DaveMehmet for the first time (with his delightful daughter ) which was a real pleasure. Maybe next time more Lifers will join the party - it's great to put faces to names !

I thought my ears were playing up when I heard that introduction.