Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vile Smell In Sidcup

Never witnessed anything like it but there is a terrible pong - and it's not restricted to the front or back. In fact it's everywhere.

There is a big Victorian house being converted and I just wonder whether they've opened up the sewers or something.

Whatever it is it is rather sickly.

Anybody else in the vicinity of the high street noticed the smell or is it just time for my annual bath?

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Could it be that some supporters of a certain football club located in the New Cross area have just moved in to town?
  • It may still be my backside from Saturday night's curry...
  • I can't believe you consider this to be newsworthy :)
  • I thought the south smelt of roses.

It does usually which is what makes today so strange.

Feel sorry for you though AUN. I've heard it's pretty grim up there - all the time.

It does usually which is what makes today so strange.

Feel sorry for you though AUN. I've heard it's pretty grim up there - all the time.

Not at all mate. Some of it's even nicer than Hackney.
  • I am in Bexley, by the three blackbirds pub. We have the smell over here as well. Weird, not really a drain smell ! Just like a old cheese smell.
  • Someones not been washing their undercarriage!!!
  • I am in Bexley, by the three blackbirds pub. We have the smell over here as well. Weird, not really a drain smell ! Just like a old cheese smell.

Thank you Ralph I was beginning to doubt my sanity.

I've just emptied the bath as it's not my anniversary after all.
  • Turns out that someone getting the loopy loop train back from the Valley on Saturday to Slade Green, fell asleep and woke up at Sidcup. They've since decided to treat it as a 'mini-holiday' and have yet to return.

Council are sending a de-commissioned B15 Hopper bus to pick him up at noon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Its cos people in Sidcup have their nose too close to their arses #BexleyheathMassive #ThugLife
  • Someone has finally found those prick ultras hiding in their garden shrubs

They were too scared to come out and have now started decomposition
  • Addick I am happy to confirm that the smell is a reality and is lingering across the borough.,,,!

Source unknown ?
  • edited September 2014
    I heard they were moving that huge landfill from the cray to sidcup ;-)
  • I would have a guess that it could be that landfill site at St Mary Cray and the wind has changed direction...

• Whatever it is, it doesn't compare to the Woolwich road, every single day.
  • Nice house
  • Read the title and just assumed it was a statement not an inquiry...
  • Rab C Nesbitt has moved in with Mary's cousin in surburban Sudcup.
  • edited September 2014
    The smell is yet to reach Bexley village. If it does it could have serious implications on the economy for the rest of the borough as Bexley council would be obliged to spend whatever it takes to remove the smell for its most affluent residents.
  • Sponsored links:

• The smell is yet to reach Bexley village. If it does it could have serious implications on the economy for the rest of the borough as Bexley council would be obliged to spend whatever it takes to remove the smell for it's most affluent residents.

Is that "affluent" or "effluent"?
  • I've not been near Sidcup for ages.
  • I haven't either.
    You're not blaming that one on me..
  • edited September 2014
    This makes no scents to me.

• Could well be the landfill. For months last winter the stench from the landfill site at Redhill (yes - I'm aware that Redhill itself could probably count as a landfill site) was absolutely horrendous. Every time I had to change trains there for Reigate it made me feel physically I'll.

The landfill operator (Biffa) did fuck all about it, even after being moaned at by the local council, newspaper and MP. Eventually it got better, but this coincided with the weather improving, rather than any demonstrable 'fix' being put in place.

If it is indeed the landfill that smells, be prepared for a long hard slog trying to get anything done about it.
  • It's the local farmers spraying their 'natural' fertiliser on the fields.

The whole of Kent smells like it at the moment.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I would have a guess that it could be that landfill site at St Mary Cray and the wind has changed direction...

Jesus, how could anyone live there?
  • edited September 2014

JohnBoyUK said:

I would have a guess that it could be that landfill site at St Mary Cray and the wind has changed direction...

Jesus, how could anyone live there?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/anosmia
  • Addickted said:

It's the local farmers spraying their 'natural' fertiliser on the fields.

The whole of Kent smells like it at the moment.

Yes noticed yesterday in West Wickham there was a smell of natural fertiliser in the air.