Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

60s pop group member

Heard on the news last week that a member of a 60s group died but cant remember his name,any help please.

Comments

• Johnny Winter?

Glenn Corrick?
  • Bloke from the Yetties died I think, don't know his name.
  • Jim Morrison of The Doors.
    Definitely dead.
  • Derek1952 said:

Heard on the news last week that a member of a 60s group died but cant remember his name,any help please.

Let's say that a member of a '60s pop group was (at least) 16 years old in 1960.
    That makes them (at least) 70 years old now. Taking into account the huge number of groups operating around that time and the prevalent substance abuse in those heady days, I'd say that it was quite likely that members of '60s pop groups must be dropping like flies on a daily basis right now.

But this might help: thedeadrockstarsclub.com/deadrock.html
  • Jimi Hendrix
  • Would it Be Bob Crewe the Songwriter for the Four Seasons
  • Badger said:

Would it Be Bob Crewe the Songwriter for the Four Seasons

did he die, what from?
  • This thread has the potential to go on forever...

I was gonna say Mungo Jerry but then checked on Wikipedia, he's not dead folks!
  • BTW

Dezza1952 have you found out who it is yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• The Grateful Dead?
  • No! still have not found out it was,I thought it was someone from The Merseybeats od the Moodyblues but could be wrong.
  • Derek1952 said:

No! still have not found out it was,I thought it was someone from The Merseybeats od the Moodyblues but could be wrong.

could it be this guy

Johnny Gus (John Frederick Gustafson) - Died 9-12-2014 ( Rock - Jazz Fusion ) Born 8-8-1942 in Liverpool, Lancashire, England - Bassist, guitarist. pianist and singer - Worked with Cass And The Cassanovas, The Big Three, The Merseybeats, Gordon Giltrap Band, Johnny Gus Set, Episode Six, Roxy Music, Quatermass, Ian Gillan Band, Hard Stuff, John And Johnny, The Pirates, Poormouth, The Quotations, The Seniors and Shawn Phillips.
  • paulie,thanks very much yes I am sure that who I was thinking of,such an unusual name is why I did not remember it,thanks again.
  • Matt or Luke Goss from Bros ?? ....sorry I see that you said 60s not 80s ..wishful thinking on my part
  • Paul Revere, organist and leader of The Raiders, died of cancer age 76.
    Apparently, he was "the madman of rock and roll". for his theatrical colonial wardrobe.
    They sang, Louie Louie, Kicks, Hungry and Good Thing. Their biggest hit was Indian Reservation in 1971.

Was it him ? Never heard of him/them myself.
  • The above 45 is on CBS and is by Paul Revere and the Raiders. Japanese release
  • edited October 2014

Derek1952 said:

No! still have not found out it was,I thought it was someone from The Merseybeats od the Moodyblues but could be wrong.

could it be this guy

Johnny Gus (John Frederick Gustafson) - Died 9-12-2014
    He dies in 8 weeks' time - that is some premonition
  • I refuse to believe that someone died who was remotely famous and there wasn't a Rip thread on here to tell us how great they were when most of us had not heard of them